Weepy anyone? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 07-03-2006, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone having/still having the weepies? I'm 11 days post partum, and while the water works aren't as quick to turn on, I'm still having some crying periods about once a day. I feel so emotionally fragile, it's terrible. I misconstrue what DH says, and feel useless often. I hope it's just the baby blues, and passes soon. I know it's hormones, but I hate thinking or hearing the word 'hormonal', as it seems so trivialized, yk?
Anyone else feeling this way?
#2 of 16 Old 07-03-2006, 08:17 PM

Here, here, mama. You aren't alone. The blues lasted 6 wks with my first. With my second, I bounced back quick, but then got nasty PPD around 6mos.

Ellie is now 16 days, and we're hanging in there. I expect to be weepy and emotional for a few more weeks. The main things that help are breastfeeding often and getting sleep, two things I don't have a lot of control over at this point! That and taking vitamins (prenatal or other).

HUGS! It will pass, I swear.

Mom to : DS1 (11), DS2 (8), DD3 (4), : DS4 (1), and : : :
#3 of 16 Old 07-03-2006, 08:36 PM

Me too! Esp those First few days after my milk came in. I didn't even know why I was crying, I just needed to, and I figure I deserve it! Sometimes we just need to let ourselves feel and then bleed it out.

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

#4 of 16 Old 07-03-2006, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you. I feel better knowing I am not alone. I actually missed my nap this afternoon, and I think it has a LOT to do with my mood this evening. I can't keep my eyes dry. My DH is really worried (understandably) about PPD, as I had it with DS1. This just feels more like the 'blues', but it's still difficult, and stressful to all of us.

If it's okay, I'll try to keep check on this thread, to see how we're all doing. Emotional support is a good thing, and it helps to know someone knows how we're feeling.

Thanks
#5 of 16 Old 07-03-2006, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwensMa
If it's okay, I'll try to keep check on this thread, to see how we're all doing. Emotional support is a good thing, and it helps to know someone knows how we're feeling.

Thanks
Yes!! It absolutely helps to know you're not alone. I am feeling a bit better but still quite emotionally fragile and weepy, especially because I attempted a vbac that I desperately wanted, and ended up with a repeat cesarean. Boy, that made the first week SO hard. I was crying all the time, starting about day 3. Now I haven't cried today at all. It's the first day. So, I am hoping I'll be feeling better soon. It's hard because very few people understand my disappointment. Most people assume I'd be glad to get a c-section rather than have a natural birth. Luckily DH totally understands and also wanted a natural birth, as does my mom. Those are the only two people IRL that understand. My friends don't, my other family doesn't. So I end up not talking about it much, and feeling pretty alone processing my disappointing birth experience. It wasn't traumatic, but it was certainly very disappointing, kind of like now I'm mourning the death of someone I loved... it's hard to explain. And I keep looking up vba2c because I want some hope for the future....

wow, thanks for letting me vent. I'll be checking up on this thread, and OwensMa, be sure to talk to your midwife/doula if you don't start turning the corner soon. My midwife said that to feel extremely emotional/weepy is very normal for the first 2 weeks, but if it goes on longer than a month that I should seek help. Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it!

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#6 of 16 Old 07-04-2006, 01:00 AM

I was very very weepy for the first three weeks and still have my days where I am. I find taking a b vitamen supplement helps GREATLY as does taking cod liver oil. Things to think about You are not alone
#7 of 16 Old 07-04-2006, 03:31 PM

I've been off and on weepy. The first week was hard, just like you Augstine, due to the c-section. i really needed to mourn the loss. I know I'll have more grieving to do around it, and lots of processing, but for now it seems to have subsided. Now I tend to get weepy in a very happy way. I jsut love Ruby and Ryan so much I almost can't stand it.

I'm more worried about PTSD from the c-section than PPD. I'mkeeping my eye on things, and have asked a couple of my friends/hubby to do the same.

I'll be thinking of you all

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#8 of 16 Old 07-05-2006, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

I had a good day yesterday, didn't miss my nap in the afternoon.

How is everyone else?
#9 of 16 Old 07-05-2006, 11:57 AM

I realized my degree of weepiness seems to correlate to how much I bleed. Now that I'm bleeding less, I feel a bit better and have an appetite again. Weird, huh? I also started taking my fish oil and probiotics again. The hospital stay for a c-section really derailed my routine with my own health. Bleah. Every day is a little better, although I had a meltdown last night from being exhausted and the husband saying Exactly The Wrong Thing. Anyway, we've also been making a point to take the baby out and see people in small doses rather than just stay home all day, and that is good too. I was feeling so lousy last week that I made a therapist appointment with someone who specializes in birth trauma, so I'll be doing that on Friday.
#10 of 16 Old 07-05-2006, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Now that you mention it, my flow has lightened up considerably, and my mood improved yesterday. I think time heals, of course. I think I'm expecting to simply bounce back right away. I took a long time to heal from my C/S with Owen, and perhaps I had a preconceived notion that I'd be up and going, both physically and emotionally, in no time, since Jared was a VBAC.
(((hugs))) to all.
#11 of 16 Old 07-05-2006, 12:38 PM

I've definitely noticed a BIG difference with my feelings between Marleys birth and Elijahs birth. I was so much more emotional after I had Elijah. I'm thinking it's because he was a homebirth (Marley was hospital) so it was much more of a spiritual experience. We left CA a week after he was born and although we had only lived there 6 months, I cried as we left. I felt as thought we were leaving a part of Elijah behind because he was born there. I also cried leaving the house....the house he was born in. And the fact that we sold all our furniture to our friends who moved into our house...I cried because they got our bed...the bed he was born in. When DH was throwing my placenta away I felt like crying but didn't say anything. I wanted to keep it and put it in the ground but since we were traveling cross country, it's not really practical. I felt really attached to it...and still do. Just thinking about it brings tears. It's crazy because I never even saw my placenta from Marley. Yesterday I got kind of emotional but it didn't last very long. My spirits were lifted quickly. All in all I'd say I feel great. Very happy and positive but thinking about CALI makes me sad. As much as I wanted to leave and am looking forward to living back in MI, I'm still missing CALI.
#12 of 16 Old 07-06-2006, 10:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I am joining the weepy club now. I am sure part of it is because our birth ended up in ways we hadn't planned or expected and I do feel let down by that. I am so happy to have a healthy baby and overall a good experience, but I didn't get the same sort of high like I did from our homebirth. I do feel very, very raw right now and have found out quickly that there are places I shouldn't hang out. I found on one list that I belong to that people are discussing me, my birth, and if our decision to go into the hospital was actually justified or not (the woman who started the discussion doesn't realize I am a member, I guess and she didn't say who I was, I just recognized myself in her writing). Normally I wouldn't give a hoot what anyone thinks, but because I am so raw right now, that sent me into a several hour meltdown today. My husband has now banned me from certain places on the internet, where the negativity might just be too much for me. I am hoping this passes quickly as I really just want to enjoy my time with my new baby without busting into tears every few minutes.

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#13 of 16 Old 07-06-2006, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

Erika

She has no right to pass comments about you!!:
#14 of 16 Old 07-06-2006, 11:28 PM

Erica I'm sorry someone thinks it's ok to talk about y ou. You're safe here.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#15 of 16 Old 07-06-2006, 11:54 PM

That's nuts, you did what you felt was right for you, you're here, your baby's here, and it's no one else's business!! I'm sorry you're having to put up with that.

I was absolutely miserable the first two weeks and now I am just tired and overwhelmed. Still cry at least once every 24 hour period because I am drained from nursing and convinced I'm a failure. She's a hungry, hungry girl, I spend most of my day nursing her. Getting out of the house helped a lot. Finding a way to get Aurora to actually like her sling helped a lot more. Watching Miyazaki films for hours every night when she's being fussy works too, in case that idea appeals to anyone else.
#16 of 16 Old 07-07-2006, 12:08 AM

Oh, something I noticed: for me the feelings of weepiness and depression seem to be directly correlated to how good I have been about taking my Floradix. If I miss a dose, I'm a wreck. I'm not sure if it's because of the iron or the other vitamins in it, though, I know it also has B complex.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page