Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   June 2006 (http://www.mothering.com/forum/340-june-2006/)
-   -   Jefferson Carter Arrives.... (http://www.mothering.com/forum/340-june-2006/479188-jefferson-carter-arrives.html)

mommy2girlies 07-04-2006 05:38 PM

Feeling a bit like I've been hit by a truck, but I got my VBAC!!! It wasn't the exact birth I was expecting, but he's here and healthy.

We went to the hospital Sat. morning around 8am and they started the pit by 10:30. I was around 2cm. By late afternoon I was 4cm and stayed there. I finally gave in and got an epidural at 11pm since I was still at 4cm. I don't know how mama's do it w/ no pain meds w/ the pitocin, cuz it hurt like HELL!! I felt like my control was slipping away fast! So after the epi was in place 45 min later my nurse came in and said it looked on the monitor like I was ready to have that baby. Jasn, my dh, felt bad cuz we were certain she would be disappointed to find out I was still at 4cm. She checked me and wouldn't ya know it, I was 7 cm!!! She stretched me to 9cm and told me to try pushing a bit! I pushed for about an hour both she and my ob thought he might be "sunny side up". I really thought I couldn't do it anymore...but Jasn and Amy, our L&D nurse cheered me on and he was born after about another hour of pushing!!! He was born on Sunday morning July 2 2006 at 3:03 am. He weighed 7lb 10oz and is 20in long. He has a ton of thick black hair!!! The most hair I've ever seen on a baby! He already needs a haircut! I have a 2nd degree tear and am sitting a bit gingerly but couldn't be more happy

He's a beautiful baby and is such a good boy!! He nurses like a champ. Starting nursing at only 20min. old and hasn't slowed down since!

The girls are so good with him and Kya is such a big help! She loves to pick out his diapers (which are adorable on his little bootie!) and help me rock him.....Carson is just so excited to be a big sister!

The4OfUs 07-04-2006 05:52 PM

Congratulations!!!

grace's voice 07-04-2006 07:31 PM

Congratulations!

PrairieBohemian 07-04-2006 10:27 PM

Hey way to go! This VBAC has just prepared you for the next one! Actually I don't know how any women go to the hospital and DON'T get drugs! When they are right there, I know I couldn't resist.

papayapetunia 07-04-2006 10:43 PM

Congratulations!

sehbub 07-04-2006 11:51 PM

What a great, strong name!! And congrats on your VBAC! Trust me, I'm amazed I went through 33 hours of labor with just a milligram of Stadol. I was so close to asking for the epidural several times, except that the anesthesiologist ticked me off when he said he didn't think I could deliver without it! I showed him. Way to go, mama!!

Simplicity 07-05-2006 03:44 AM

Congrats!!!!!!!!

PancakeGoddess 07-05-2006 08:55 AM

congrats! great name - is the middle name from family? or something else? Just curious because (shhh) it's the same name we've chosen for our baby's middle name - EDD yesterday!

Mearaina 07-05-2006 11:17 AM

Congrats!!!

eco_mama 07-05-2006 12:11 PM

:

mommy2girlies 07-05-2006 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PancakeGoddess
congrats! great name - is the middle name from family? or something else? Just curious because (shhh) it's the same name we've chosen for our baby's middle name - EDD yesterday!
the name isn't so much a family name as the initials J.C. so we came up w/ names that we liked best that started w/ those. Great choice on a name! sshhh I won't tell anyone