Week 7/9 ~ Life w/ Babe - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 70 Old 07-15-2006, 01:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I guess since we're on our 3rd, I don't even give nip a second thought. I just do it! I don't use a blanket, hate it! Its always tougher trying to keep it up and peek under it to get him to latch and so on. Much easier to just lift my shirt and get him latched quickly. I need to hands too, one for his head and one for my boob, they're too heavy and will slip out of his mouth! LOL!

I nursed today at dinner at the resteraunt and our waiter came up for us to order and never even realized I was nursing J.C. I've not had many bad reactions, one time someone did ask me to go to the restroom to nurse, we were at a resteraunt, and I told him "no, does he eat his dinner on the toilet?" he was a bit taken aback that I said no, but Hello, my babe is not eating in the john!!
#62 of 70 Old 07-15-2006, 01:14 AM

Any mamas use mothering nursing tanks and don't cover up?

I'm tempted to NIP in one without having a blanket covering Ryker's head.

I agree NIP will get easier once you start doing it more.

Ryker is starting to fight sleep bad at bedtime:, he was fighting it earlier today also but it is worse at night.

i updated the link in my siggy click on rykers name for recent pics of him.

Kami(30)knit.gifDH(34)Alex(9),brokenheart.gif(4/05) brokenheart.gif(7/05),Ryker(7)brokenheart.gif(11/10) 
rainbow1284.gif Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant

#63 of 70 Old 07-15-2006, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustysSweety03

Any mamas use mothering nursing tanks and don't cover up?

I'm tempted to NIP in one without having a blanket covering Ryker's head.

I agree NIP will get easier once you start doing it more.

Ryker is starting to fight sleep bad at bedtime:, he was fighting it earlier today also but it is worse at night.

i updated the link in my siggy click on rykers name for recent pics of him.
I've done this before, but it was at Playplace, an indoor playground for the kids. and no one but mommy's were there, so i figured i wouldn't offend that many people. I just put my hand over the top of my breast and kinda covered the top of it. I've done this w/ the shelf bra tanks too. just pulled my boobie over the top and the tank and nursed.
#64 of 70 Old 07-15-2006, 01:58 AM

I've NIP in two restaraunts.. with a tank on and nothing else. I don't have huge boobs, so I dont' care about covering up.. but no one has said anything, or acted like it was a big deal. Dinner is dinner. I also nursed Ruby at Target, walking down the street, and in front of our landscapers. I don't think any of them had a clue :LOL

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#65 of 70 Old 07-15-2006, 02:57 AM

Dang, you go Korin! You're doing awesome!

Thanks for all the NIP help. It seems so simple now, I don't know why my mind always has a way of making things more complicatd than they need to be. I have a bunch of those cheap prefolds, so I may try that. Those things are good for so many things, they make the best burp cloths. I use them as changing pads too. I'll deffinately practice in the mirror first. This little guy nurses so much I've got to figure something out!

The babes are looking cute, I love that sundress! And hey, where did Ryker get that got milk onsie? Benny could so sport one of those!

Oh hey, side note... Korin, I LOVE the pic of Ruby and the monkey conspiring!

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

#66 of 70 Old 07-15-2006, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace's voice
OMG, YES! I Elwood too! I want an Elwood!!!! One of my friend's friends had a knit monkey that they took everywhere with them and took pics, as a gag...pics of him at the Eiffel tower with a tiny beret on his head, at the beach on their honeymoon in sunglasses with a coconut drink, etc. TOO funny. I loved it.

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#67 of 70 Old 07-15-2006, 07:58 AM

Thanks everyone re: the sundress. I think she's pretty cute, myself. :

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#68 of 70 Old 07-15-2006, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcimom
Did you do an ISO on the TP? Also - try eBay and www.thebabywearer.com

If you don't mind paying for a new one, go to www.naturalbabies.com - Colleen is in MI - she'll get you one ASAP! Tell her I sent you...
Yes I do have an ISO on the TP and I've had a couple replies so far. Thanks alot for the links!
#69 of 70 Old 07-15-2006, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyL
I also always lift my shirt from the bottom. I hold him in a cradle hold in one arm and then hold the boob with the other hand and he finds the nipple. When he's latched on I can let my boob go and then I can eat with my other hand
That's exactly what I do. I just bought a nursing tank yesterday. It's soo much better than the bra I have. I think I'm just gonna get a couple more of these and forget the darn bra. It totally doesn't fit me right...I think I need to be fitted or something. I hate bras. I never wore them before getting pg but now after nursing and stuff they've gotten bigger and gravity has done some work on em so now I just feel like I HAVE to wear bras, iykwim..

Oh and BTW, that sundress pic is ADORABLE!!!
#70 of 70 Old 07-15-2006, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace's voice
i too am an avid fan of the rubyblog...she is beyond adorable!!!!!

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page