Confessions of a not-pregnant-anymore woman! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 07-27-2006, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, we did the confession thread when we were all pregnant..now that we are not, what are you doing to make your life easier?? How are you "cheating"? Or what are you just not doing??

~C~
#2 of 27 Old 07-27-2006, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

To start..

1. I bought some frozen dinners for my kids last night, and they ate it!

2. I finally got a new filter for my vacuum...that has been broken since BEFORE the baby was born. Yuck, you should have seem the filth I vacummed up!!!

3. I can totally tell you what cheap disposable diapers work and don't work...and I have no intention of EVER switching back to cloth.

4. The only thing I have "cooked" has been on the BBQ, and we are talking hamburgers/hot dogs.

5. I haven't showered in two days, going on three now.
#3 of 27 Old 07-27-2006, 03:49 PM

1. I've never used a CD, and don't really want to.

2. I Johnson's 3-in-1 diaper rash cream.

3. I my infantino cozyrider, because it's the carrier DD likes best over my pouch and wrap, and is more and more often the only way I can get her to stop crying in the evenings.

4. DS has had more hot dogs in the past 4 weeks than I'd like to count.

5. I've eaten more Oreos in the past 4 weeks than I'd like to count.

BUT, on the bright side,

1. DS has started to self regulate his TV watching, and actually turns it OFF now on his own!!

2. He still eats a ton of good for him food, fruits and veggies.

3. I'm now 2 pounds down from my pre-preggo weight, even with the Oreos.

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#4 of 27 Old 07-27-2006, 04:35 PM

1. I have the urge to throw hard objects within reach when my older kids act up while I'm nursing the baby.

2. Mikey is sleeping in the swing as I type. He loves that thing and I use that love to my advantage when possible.

3. I've gotten to the point where I just drive on when he cries in the car rather than stop to nurse (granted our longest drive anywhere these days is really no more than 30 minutes, but still...poor thing.)

4. I'd rather eat chips and ice cream and just wear a corset than change my eating habits and lose a few pounds.

5. I haven't kegeled in days.

6. I had sex 2 weeks post partum and sehub has me paranoid!

7. I do not limit my kids computer, pool or TV time...sometimes I even suggest they watch TV or play the computer or swim in the pool to get.them.out.of.my.hair.

8. My 7yo has changed at least a dozen poopy diapers. (In my defense, she loves it!)

9. I sat a bouncy seat on the ground the other day and rocked it with my foot while I read a magazine. (again, in my defense, he wasn't crying or anything, just made me feel rather 'detached' yk?)

10. My dd3's guinea pig died and I'm kind of glad b/c it's one less thing for me to clean up. : now that one is terrible, isn't it?!?!?!

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

#5 of 27 Old 07-27-2006, 09:40 PM

1. My son does not mind being in his bouncy seat the odd time so when he's sleeping and I have something to do I put him in it

2. I use disposables for night time because this boy can pee through an infant prefold WITH a preemie prefold for a doulber in about 15 minutes and he HATES to be wet...

3. I occasionally ask my five year old to sing songs to him when he's upset if I have to pee or eat...

4. I had two sips of a beer the other day. It was good!!!!
#6 of 27 Old 07-27-2006, 11:47 PM

1. I'm still wearing my pg clothes. (Well, mainly just the pants.)

2. The closest I've come to cooking since ds was born would be what I "made" tonight..spaghetti, garlic bread, and beans. Oh, and the beans were raw.

3. My neices 2nd bday was yesterday and I forgot to call to wish her a Happy Bday. AND I didn't even send a card. : (Plus it was my dogs 3rd bday..totally forgot) Oh ya and we totally forgot about my dh's grandmas bday on the 25th.

4. I haven't started cd yet. ONLY because I don't have the extra cash yet to actually buy them.

5. I STILL haven't sent out Thank You cards to everyone for gifts sent to ds. Heck, I haven't even bought any yet! : :

6. I've lashed out on dd more than I ever have in her entire lifetime in this last weekend.

7. My patience is extremely short and my temper has grown. ( I'm working on it though!! )

8. I've used the bouncer chair my mom got me WAAY too much this past week. (But soon I'll have a sling...which I'm buying from mountainsun any day now ...so I'll be able to wear him everywhere.)

I'm sure there's more but I can't think of them right now. But I just wanna say, in my defense, it has been really really hectic for us. Since we left cali right after ds was born, stayed in nm for 2 wks, then drove back to mi, and this is our 1st week in our new home. It's been so crazy getting all moved in and settled in this new house. Today is the 1st day it's starting to feel a little more "normal."

I'm still very :
#7 of 27 Old 07-28-2006, 01:33 AM

1. I told DH to deal with a low income for a while because I'm taking an extended 3 months leave and possibly just going to quit so I can be a SAHM! (was suppose to go back monday)

2. I don't know what a clean house is anymore. (Paper plates and plastic silverware are great! and a floor, whats that?! TOYS?!!! )

3. Hannah has been in the swing way more than Haleigh ever was.

4. I haven't cooked a real meal for a while, I have my parents bring over food or go to their house to eat almost every night.

5. Sometimes when Haleigh nurses it makes me want to 'wean' her.

6. I haven't even started cloth diapers. Haven't even dug them out of storage yet.

7. I'm still pretty : :..

I'm sure there are plenty more but I'll stop here
#8 of 27 Old 07-28-2006, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcimom
6. I had sex 2 weeks post partum and sehub has me paranoid![/SIZE]

ME TOO!!!!!!!
#9 of 27 Old 07-28-2006, 01:41 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Alexandria watches way too much tv.

I sometimes keep the gate closed so she has to stay in the living room with me and Ryker so i don't have to keep gettin up to find out what she's gettin into.

I keep reaching for sposies, I hate my diaper stash.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#10 of 27 Old 07-28-2006, 02:27 PM

I so needed this today

1. I think that I am not crazy about tandem nursing

2. DS2 has become addicted to Dora.

3. I have gotten extremely lax in the nutrition/ cooking area of our lives, which stinks because this is something I am passionate about!

4. Sehbub's post about getting pg really has me never wanting to do it again

5. I bought a bottle of organic merlot to celebrate dh's promotion at work - I am sure I will have a glass or 2 this weekend. (not the drinking so much as I think a glass or 2 is OK while bf- more about the $$ buying organic wine, oh well!)

6. I lose my temper on my dog (not physically or anything!), she has this awesome habit of eating whole loaves of bread if i leave them out when I go out; she doesnt get much love anymore - but I am working on it!

BUT - we are starting to get our groove back - we are cutting back on the tv again, it was really really useful those first few weeks. And we are taking the tandeming day by day.

Quote:
(But soon I'll have a sling...which I'm buying from mountainsun any day now ...so I'll be able to wear him everywhere.)
yay! she's looking forward to her new home

homeschooling, earth loving Mama to 3 crazy, wonderful boys, ages 10 & 7, & 3 mos.,3 spirit babies                                Inch by inch, row by row.  Gonna make this garden grow  
#11 of 27 Old 07-28-2006, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsun
I so needed this today

1. I think that I am not crazy about tandem nursing

Ohh....yeah..

6. I am so tired of nursing my almost two year old I am trying to think of how to wean him.

7. William has peed and/or spit up on my sheets several nights in a row..and I still have the same sheets on my bed....
#12 of 27 Old 07-28-2006, 04:56 PM

1. I gave ds a binky this morning--he was in a crabby mood and I had to get stuff done.

2. I've had wine and loved every single sip

3. He cries in the car sometimes and I don't stop the car. Why? It doesn't make a difference if I stop or not, he'll continue to cry.

4. I'm sure I can think of more, but I'm feeling a little: at the moment.

mom to dd 8/03 ds 6/06 and numero tres, ds 11/11 stillheart.gif

#13 of 27 Old 07-28-2006, 06:31 PM

1. Beer
2. Vibrating bouncy chair

Aside from that, I think I'm doin' pretty damn good and I'd like to pat myself on the back.
#14 of 27 Old 07-28-2006, 10:45 PM

OK, my turn ladies....but there's nothing wrong with a drink or two so I am not going to even count that one!

1. My house is a total mess, I don't think I've made the girls clean up their toys in weeks, even though we're all literally tripping over stuff.

2. Add us to the "other kids watching way too much TV" list.

3. I am not above strategically planning to sit on the couch and start nursing Andrew as soon as I anticipate something needing to be done imminently - dishes cleared, toddler's poopy diaper changed, preschooler grinding Play-Dough into the carpet - "Oh honey, sorry, I just started feeding the baby, can you do it?"

4. I have exaggerated how tired/worn out/etc. I am in order to get more people from my church group, homeschool group, neighborhood, etc. to make us dinners! I actually feel great and *could* cook for myself, but if someone offers to bring over a baked ziti and cupcakes, I change into ratty clothes and wipe off my makeup to answer the door and get it!

5. The other day I bribed the girls with McDonald's Happy Meals to sit still in the stroller because the baby was asleep in the sling, we happened to pass a nail place in the mall, and I was DYING for a pedicure!!! Actually a random woman (who later told me she's a mom of 5) walked by, looked at me sitting there with all the kids around and my feet soaking in the bubbles and said, "Good for you, Mom! You have to take care of yourself sometimes or you'll go crazy!"

6. I gave up on cloth diapering, too - sold them all on eBay and bought another silk Zolowear sling instead, which makes me much happier!

7. I am secretly JEALOUS of Sehbub! :

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#15 of 27 Old 07-29-2006, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama

:

1. I, too, have been eating pack after pack of oreos.
2. I have a very limited supply of CD but even taking that into account I use posies way more than I really need to. The little guy pees every few minutes and I get tired of getting leaked on.
3. I have a very short temper with dd and I make her do a lot of things on her own, she's very lonely and bored and acting out which is totally not like her.
4. I've been watching Dr. Phil and Starting Over and get upset when interruped during "mommy's shows."
5. I sometimes pretend I can't hear dd when she talks to me... ouch, the guilt from that one hurts.
6. I haven't returned a phone call in 2 months.
7. I missed over a month of Church.
8. I'm starting to enjoy some of dd's preschool silly songs.
9. I sometimes enjoy driving a minivan
10. I let the baby cry in the car.
11. We've resorted to a pacifier several times now, mostly in the car. He doesn't want it, we have to force it a little (like hold it while he sucks or he'll spit it out).
12. I have referred to ds as "she" and have accidentally called him dds name several times!

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

#16 of 27 Old 07-29-2006, 08:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
You are nuts.

My DH actually doesn't like Sehub because we haven't "been intimate" more than once...and that one time wasn't very good because I was paranoid about the condom breaking!!

~C~
#17 of 27 Old 07-29-2006, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Me too...: : Aww....The Belly...
#18 of 27 Old 07-29-2006, 01:35 PM

Ok, cleanse my soul...

Shebub's pregncy made my dh get his appt to have his voltage rewired and he did it yesterday!! I feel bad that he worked until 1pm, went to the hospital himself and drove himself home. I asked him to pick up Taco bell on the way home and he did
We also ordered pizza last night

I had sex 2 weeks after my c section and havent stopped.

Maggie has a touch of reflux, pacifiers are a good friend.

I nurse anywhere and everywhere. I have forgotten where MAggie is becuase she is attached to my boob at that moment.

I have not written one thank you note for gifts sent (did for meals) in 5 1/2 mos. Some of which are outgrown etc and on ebay etc already!!

W/ Liz we were worried if she was taking a huge nap- like oh no she is sleeping not knowing babies do that. W/ Maggie, we are like good she is taking a huge nap, lets get stuff done.

Tv is your friend on some days

Beer and wine have been a fixture in my diet for several months now. Beer is good for breast milk (at least that is what I tell myself)

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#19 of 27 Old 07-29-2006, 01:40 PM

Quote:
yI have exaggerated how tired/worn out/etc. I am in order to get more people from my church group, homeschool group, neighborhood, etc. to make us dinners! I actually feel great and *could* cook for myself, but if someone offers to bring over a baked ziti and cupcakes, I change into ratty clothes and wipe off my makeup to answer the door and get it!
I never thought of that- I might take someone up on that if they call

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#20 of 27 Old 07-29-2006, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys1st

Beer and wine have been a fixture in my diet for several months now. Beer is good for breast milk (at least that is what I tell myself)
Actually, guinness really is! (It's also my fav!) Which reminds me...I should call dh and have him pick some up for me....
#21 of 27 Old 07-29-2006, 06:32 PM

Reading these makes me feel so much better....

1. We use a pacifier, but it works wonders in the car!

2. My girls are watching entirely too much tv also, but I keep telling myself thats its educational tv

3. We've eaten out more in the last month than in the last year

4. I've resorted to the swing in the wee hours of the mornings if J.C. wants to stay up after I nurse him. He likes it and goes back to sleep

5. Chocolate is my bestfriend!

6. I've had a cup of regular coffee every morning, doesn't mean I drink it all

Pat on the backs:

1. I LOVE cd'ing and J.C hasn't worn a sposie since he was a few hours old!

2. Im in prepregnancy pants, but they were my fat pants from post pregnancy dd#2 and were a bit big on me before I got pregnant this time around, but Im still losing weight
#22 of 27 Old 07-30-2006, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace's voice
12. I have referred to ds as "she" and have accidentally called him dds name several times!
Ha ha, I've done this too! I've called Anna "he" before, and called her things I used to call DS, like "buddy," etc. Woah, that does a number on ya!

1. I wish DS (almost 2) would quit nursing.
2. I resent that my 2 yo. sleeps worse than my 6 wk. old!
3. I have appx. 3 beers a week and don't feel guilty at all.
4. DS loves the Teletubbies and has been watching way too much of them.
5. DH and I used to have no TV at all but last week got a special offer for digital cable and got it. HBO is awesome...
6. Frozen dinners from Trader Joe's are our friends.
7. I'm already planning out my life... when will we TTC for #3? I can't believe I'm thinking about that already!!!

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#23 of 27 Old 07-30-2006, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustineM
1. I wish DS (almost 2) would quit nursing.
!!!
Me too. I have actually been telling him "no" a lot more lately. I feel like a cow...all I am good for is to milk.

Have you been limiting him? Thought about weaning?? I know our boys are the same age (same DDC again!!)...

~C~
#24 of 27 Old 07-30-2006, 02:31 PM

1. DD (20 mos.) doesn't get nearly as much nursing time as she wants, and I'd love it if she went back to her former 1-2x/day routine. She's so needy right now! With good reason, but my sleep-deprived brain and baby-juggling arms just want her to go entertain herself for a while.

2. Oh my god the chocolate!

3. DH is still using CDs, but I have a stash of disposies left over from camping last week and they're my new best friend!!!

4. We caved and went out and bought a bassinet for ds for the living room. And my little AP sling boy loves it.

5. The house is completely and utterly trashed. I don't even apologize for it anymore when people come over. If they don't like it, they can clean something!

6. I'm off the wagon big-time. Almost a decade caffeine-free and I'm buying a coffee almost every day now just to get going!

7. We went out for dinner last night and I out-ate dh! : I never thought I'd be able to do that!
#25 of 27 Old 07-30-2006, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline248

Have you been limiting him? Thought about weaning?? I know our boys are the same age (same DDC again!!)...

~C~
Yes, I limit him a lot. He's pretty good about it though because I limited him during pregnancy as well. I say no about half the time he asks. He nurses about 4-5x a day.

I don't think I would want to completely wean him, as I don't mind nursing for nap and bedtime. I'd really love to cut him down to that, though!

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#26 of 27 Old 07-31-2006, 08:51 AM

Quote:
2. I resent that my 2 yo. sleeps worse than my 6 wk. old!
me, too - except mine is almost 3!

homeschooling, earth loving Mama to 3 crazy, wonderful boys, ages 10 & 7, & 3 mos.,3 spirit babies                                Inch by inch, row by row.  Gonna make this garden grow  
#27 of 27 Old 07-31-2006, 02:13 PM

my kids are watching way to much tv too.

I went to a yard sale and the woman had a garbage bag full of cd stuff she wanted $25 for the whole thing I only had $10 she felt bad about takeing my last $10 she gave it to me for $5(Ihad another $40 in my other pocket) I feel like a theif! her loss for not paying more attention!

I too miss being prego but still wearing matrnity clothes and not doing any thing about it

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page