Fussy Foods - Mothering Forums
June 2006 > Fussy Foods
mamamilkbar's Avatar mamamilkbar 03:38 AM 07-28-2006
Are there any certain foods you eat that make your babe fussy?? If so what are they??

For us it's chinese

The4OfUs's Avatar The4OfUs 08:44 AM 07-28-2006
Dairy
Peppers
Cukes
Onions
Fried Food

My life sucks right now.
fireant's Avatar fireant 02:07 PM 07-28-2006
Dairy and caffeine. It's not so easy to get no coffee on 4 hours of sleep!
mountainsun's Avatar mountainsun 03:29 PM 07-28-2006
onions. I had a veggie sub last night and said what the heck, and tried onions. Won't do that again!

Quote:
Dairy and caffeine.
ouch, no caffeine. so sorry to hear that
chiromama's Avatar chiromama 03:50 PM 07-28-2006
Dairy and now.. I think garlic
augustmom's Avatar augustmom 03:57 PM 07-28-2006
Dairy, caffeine, chocolate, gassy veggies, soy, onions, garlic, tomatoes, corn, berries.

Yes, I'm hungry:
fireant's Avatar fireant 04:18 PM 07-28-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by augustmom
Dairy, caffeine, chocolate, gassy veggies, soy, onions, garlic, tomatoes, corn, berries.

Yes, I'm hungry:
OUCH! no soy? Does that mean no soy milk in your cereal? no soy butter instead of dairy butter? You must be creative for food.
augustmom's Avatar augustmom 05:02 PM 07-28-2006
yes, I just have a touch of the soy in my Decaf tea in the morning. I don't have cereal. I eat oatmeal everyday. I am already back to my pre-preggo weight because of my dietary restrictions. Eggs are a problem too, BUT only if I eat an omeletter or something to that effect. Dawson has reflux and is on medication, but he's still a gassy little guy so I have to be careful.

B
grace's voice's Avatar grace's voice 05:13 PM 07-28-2006
I've been trying to figure out ds tummy problems. I eat A LOT of berries. I wonder if that could be it, I would have never thought!

I thought it might be nuts. I was snacking on nuts while nursing because I figured they were better than other things I could be snacking on, at least they have some protein, but then we both got super gassy. I haven't had them in a few days and am still not sure that's what did it, but we'll see.

I don't know if I can give up berries though!
Caroline248's Avatar Caroline248 05:55 PM 07-28-2006
So far..I haven't noticed anything. But DD#2 was sensative to wine. That sucked for the three years I nursed her...

~C~
fireant's Avatar fireant 06:58 PM 07-28-2006
So what CAN we eat? It's soooo hard coming up with food options. At least it's DH who cooks so I don't have to plan too much.
grace's voice's Avatar grace's voice 07:07 PM 07-28-2006
What are you all eating for snacks? I need snacks often and esp in the middle of the night I need something I can keep by the bed. Is there anything healthy and that won't bother the baby that will work?
papayapetunia's Avatar papayapetunia 07:28 PM 07-28-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by grace's voice
What are you all eating for snacks? I need snacks often and esp in the middle of the night I need something I can keep by the bed. Is there anything healthy and that won't bother the baby that will work?
How about energy bars? Or some kind of nuts? Or dried fruit?
*guest's Avatar *guest 08:24 PM 07-28-2006
peanut butter, dairy, and sausage (fennel maybe?) bother harper.
augustmom's Avatar augustmom 09:20 PM 07-28-2006
so it looks like most of us aren't able to eat the beloved ice cream this summer, huh? Kind of missing it a little bit here.
chiromama's Avatar chiromama 10:25 PM 07-28-2006
I have the solution to all of our problems, and the answers to all of our prayers.... www.coconutbliss.com
mmmmmmmm coconut milk ice cream. mmmmmmmmmmmm
augustmom's Avatar augustmom 09:07 AM 07-29-2006
The icecream is only available in Oregon: But thanks for letting me know about it
eco_mama's Avatar eco_mama 11:52 AM 07-29-2006
I'm not sure but Elijah was kinda fussy last night and the day before...a little before bedtime. I'll have to pay closer attention..
Up