used clothing stores in NL? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-13-2010, 03:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hello all, this is sort of a silly Q, but i am going to be visiting family in Holland in the spring, mostly staying in Friesland, but we'll do day trips out and about and definitely spend a few days in amsterdam. so i am an avid used clothing buyer in the us and the idea of those fabulous european soft cottony clothes (without old navy or mickey mouse on them!) for 2nd hand prices is enough to make me squeal with delight.

are the any versions of salvation army or goodwill in holland, or are 2nd hand stores something that exist there? any suggestions?

thanks mamas!

(also, if there is anything particularly fabulous that i wont want to miss from may 31-june 11th, feel free to tell me!)
#2 of 3 Old 02-13-2010, 10:53 AM

Should you look for traditional European cotton brands, you could try the Roermond Outlets. The city of Roermond is practically a store in itself
Even if you stay in Friesland, travel is not too complicated with the Dutch.

Vegmum:Hedding::: treehugger::
#3 of 3 Old 02-18-2010, 05:11 AM

Most towns and cities will have their own second hand shops called (tweedehands kleding winkels). There are also shops called "kringloopwinkels" which are sort of like goodwill and most towns will have them. Just ask your family there where their local second hand shops are.

Unfortunately, you'll be missing Queen's Day, when the whole country becomes a huge yard sales, but you should still be able to find some good buys. Have fun!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page