Car seat recommendations? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-13-2010, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are using a Britax marathon, we bought in the US, for our son. We are looking for something equivalent available in the Netherlands.

What do you recommend? Do you know any website that discusses reviews of a variety of car seat available in the Netherlands? I hear and see lots of maxi cosi seats, but I don't personally know whether they are good or which one is the best one.

Thanks in advance for your tips!

Chizu
#2 of 3 Old 05-14-2010, 10:21 AM

I don't know how old your child is, but here are my carseat recommendations.

Birth until a year or so: Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix with the associated base
the next category, which goes up to 17kg I think: Maxi-Cosi PrioriFix
booster (first with back, then backless): Römer KidFix

I like all the Isofix models. They are vastly more securely attached to the car than if you just belt the seats in. As far as I know, Maxi-Cosi doesn't make an Isofix booster. The above are all the seats that we have and we based our purchase decisions on the safety scores of all the seats that were available for purchase here. I wish it was possible to keep them rear-facing while Isofixed past the first seat category, but it doesn't seem to be possible here. And my kids are certainly happier when forward-facing. I think there's an argument to be made that the overall safety is higher if you are driving with a slightly less safe seat (i.e., forward-facing), but have a non-screaming child.

Sarah, mother to Eloïse (5/2005), Lucas (3/2008) and Ilias (7/2011), and due with #4 (March 1, 2014)

#3 of 3 Old 10-25-2012, 07:39 AM

BRITAX RÖMER Child Safety. They options for all ages!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page