Grief/Postpartum Counselor - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-17-2012, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, I'm Kelley.

I'm living just south of Amsterdam in Laren and am due with our third child in early April.  We're expats who moved here just over a year ago.  

Tragedy struck our lives in May 2011 when our daughter, Isabelle, died very suddenly of a virus that reached her brain causing viral meningoencephalitis.  (You can learn more about our story on www.bubblesforisabelle.com or Bubbles for Isabelle on Facebook).  It's been a rough year but we are blessed with this pregnancy and with the joy that our son, Sebastian 23 months, brings us.  

However, as the due date approaches I am finding myself more and more emotional - worried about the new baby, worried that I'll compare her to her big sister who we miss beyond words, worried what the weeks postpartum will bring as the anniversary date of losing Isabelle is about 6 weeks after having this baby...  I'm wracked with anxiety!  Also, this baby is measuring small (hovering around the 10%) and my mind is taking me all over worried that she has some kind of rare genetic disorder or something - even though everything else about the pregnancy is healthy.  I'm just a ball of nerves!

As such, I was wondering if anyone could recommend support for pre/postpartum blues in the area.  (Amsterdam is not too far, but Hilversum, Bussum, the Het Gooi area is closer).  

Thank you for any recommendations you can lend.

#2 of 2 Old 07-18-2012, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, I have a friend in Utrecht who is a Journey practitioner and I can highly recommend her.  Here is her website, which will soon be in English:  www.praktijknaturalmente.nl

The Journey can be very effective with processing grief. 

Thinking of you as your due date has now passed as has the 1 year anniversary.

Amy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page