devastation. please please, someone help me with this. AMAZING happy update!!!! #104 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 114 Old 01-31-2009, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm so sorry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 114 Old 01-31-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daekini View Post
i'm heading out the door now to take him. 5 hour drive.
I'm so sorry to hear that. I agree that Thorn has a better opportunity than most dogs get, in that he can be returned to his breeder and be given another chance, but it must still be breaking your heart.

CPST ***I can help keep your child safe in the car. Ask me a car seat question!***
#93 of 114 Old 01-31-2009, 08:55 PM

#94 of 114 Old 01-31-2009, 09:16 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
, so sorry. Glad he's got a breeder to go back to, though.

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie
#95 of 114 Old 01-31-2009, 11:46 PM

I am so sorry. It is for the best though, and I'm so glad he can go back to the breeder. {{{hugs}}} I know how heartbroken you are.

~Rose~ 

Homeschooling Mom to Two Boys, 13 & 9. rainbow1284.gif Baby Girl Arriving April 2013!

#96 of 114 Old 02-01-2009, 02:55 AM

oh, i'm so sorry!!

i just skimmed your thread and i applaud how much you've done.

eh. who needs a signature?
#97 of 114 Old 02-01-2009, 03:26 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much for all your support... I just returned from the 11-hour round trip. He actually seemed happy there when I left...
She thinks she'll have no trouble finding him a home. exhausted going to bed...
#98 of 114 Old 02-01-2009, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Thank you so much for all your support... I just returned from the 11-hour round trip. He actually seemed happy there when I left...
Is she going to lie??? Dogs who bite their owners aren't exactly the kind of dogs who have "no trouble" finding a home.

I'm sorry, after ALL the work you have poured into him and he still acts that way . . . that's so sucky.
#99 of 114 Old 02-01-2009, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneKnight View Post
Is she going to lie??? Dogs who bite their owners aren't exactly the kind of dogs who have "no trouble" finding a home.

I'm sorry, after ALL the work you have poured into him and he still acts that way . . . that's so sucky.
No, she won't lie. She's got a very long waiting list for a dog and she's not going to find him a home without working on his issues with dogs first. He's an ACD and most people who want her dogs can tolerate their hardness. Our situation - in the suburbs and with children - is not appropriate for him. On a working farm he may be a different dog with no desire to take out his frustration on others.

In fact, he seemed more at ease than I've ever seen him when I left. He had that "oh boy!!! This is so cool!" air about him. He seemed totally at home on her farm. I really didn't expect that at all. He was too excited to say goodbye to me.

He growled at a dog when we first got there. Later I went into his kennel before leaving and he escaped (I was being stupid/distraught) and he just ran up to another dog's kennel, wagging wagging wagging his tail! He has never reacted that way to another dog. (It was a littermate!) So perhaps getting integrated into a pack is exactly what he needed.
#100 of 114 Old 02-01-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Did I misunderstand? I thought she was going to work with him and get him back to you?

I'm so sorry. :

~*The days are long, but the years are short.*~
#101 of 114 Old 02-01-2009, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerstar View Post
Did I misunderstand? I thought she was going to work with him and get him back to you?

I'm so sorry. :
Read update #75 - he bit me.
#102 of 114 Old 02-01-2009, 06:48 PM

I'm so sorry for your ordeal. After trying so hard, to have that happen really is demoralizing.

At least you don't have to worry now about the possibility of the kids getting bit, etc.

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#103 of 114 Old 02-01-2009, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatchristy View Post
I'm so sorry for your ordeal. After trying so hard, to have that happen really is demoralizing.

At least you don't have to worry now about the possibility of the kids getting bit, etc.
Thank you... I am thinking of getting a cat in a few months... I always wanted a British Shorthair... I feel the need to fill this hole in my heart but know I should wait a while so I don't make a poor decision. I want to wait a few years before getting another dog.
#104 of 114 Old 02-05-2009, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter

::::

Here is a quote from Thorn's breeder's message to me today!!!!!!!!

"Thorn has a new home. A young man called me this morning that lost his buddy of 12 years and was wanting to get a cattle dog. He came out to meet Thorn and Thorn just loved him. He spent about 30 minutes throwing Thorns tire for him. He has a lot of land and raises horses. He said Thorn would be in the house unless he was outside then Thorn would be with him. He rides a lot of trail rides and Thorn would go with him."

I guess things happen for a reason. Yes, this person is fully aware of Thorn's past and is prepared to handle whatever comes his way. I can't express how relieved and happy I am. This must be who Thorn was meant for.
#105 of 114 Old 02-05-2009, 10:21 PM

This is so wonderful!!!!!

Kim, proud CPS mom to Marnie and my 4 legged kids, Jess, Zander, Oliver, Stumpy and Eddie.
#106 of 114 Old 02-05-2009, 11:35 PM

I'm so glad that he has found himself a home that sounds like an ideal setting for him, and I'm so glad you are able to see it for the happy ending that it is.

Maybe this is just the road Thorn needed to travel to end up where he needs to be. I'm sure the time he spent with you has shaped and influenced him in positive ways, and the young man who is lucky enough to have taken him in will be able to enjoy the loving start Thorn received.

Hugs to you, mama!

CPST ***I can help keep your child safe in the car. Ask me a car seat question!***
#107 of 114 Old 02-05-2009, 11:52 PM

That sounds so wonderful, for both of them! {{hugs}}

~Rose~ 

Homeschooling Mom to Two Boys, 13 & 9. rainbow1284.gif Baby Girl Arriving April 2013!

#108 of 114 Old 02-06-2009, 12:14 AM

yay!! that is wonderful, i'm sorry he wasn't a good match for your family but i'm glad that he has found a family. and jeez, lots of trail rides? sounds perfect for an australian cattle dog. :

eh. who needs a signature?
#109 of 114 Old 02-06-2009, 12:41 AM

That is definately a great outcome!!!

I know for you it is a little bittersweet but he has a great home, that is all you could have asked for.

single mommy to identical twin girls (3/06) Non-traditional mama just : through life.
#110 of 114 Old 02-06-2009, 11:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Perfect,perfect,perfect.

They always find the right one. It's amazing. The right owner always comes.

And I don't mean that you weren't the "right" owner, I don't want to hurt your feelings. What I mean is that in my experience as a breeder, the right home always comes. A good home, I mean. A good fit.

I'm so happy for you and for Thorn. I know you feel so much better now.

Mom to two beautiful boys, now in school to be a therapist and help other women with PPD.  

#111 of 114 Old 02-06-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom0810 View Post
Perfect,perfect,perfect.

They always find the right one. It's amazing. The right owner always comes.

And I don't mean that you weren't the "right" owner, I don't want to hurt your feelings. What I mean is that in my experience as a breeder, the right home always comes. A good home, I mean. A good fit.

I'm so happy for you and for Thorn. I know you feel so much better now.
Yep...sounds like he's got a good match now. And, sometimes certain pets are absolutely only a fit for certain types of households...exactly! That's really what you want. A good match. And, it's something that sometimes you'll have to wait months for, but when it happens it is so worth it!

I can even say this translates to cats. Being a SAHM, and having an active household with lots of family is excellent for the cats I have. Two of ours are super outgoing, super people oriented...very demanding of attention and a tad bit obnoxious. They definitely thrive over here, though if they had been placed in homes where there were two couples working, where they didn't get so much attention I think they'd live a very boring existance! Even our third cat, who thinks she's a princess (hello kiki, aka 'pinky'), is perfect for our little girls. Super sweet, cuddly, lovable and quite gentle.

It's so important, to find a good personality, and have a good match. Keep that in mind when you're looking for your new cat. Adult cats honestly are ideal for choosing for personality. That's what we've done, the irony being I started out looking for another white persian (what I specialized in and was used to) and it took me three cats to get to the white finally (a blue, then black...) and honestly I couldn't be happier. And, now blacks have a special place in my heart courtesy of my kitty love, Chance. :

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#112 of 114 Old 02-06-2009, 01:44 PM

Wonderful news!

Heather, Mama to DS(10) DD(7.5),DD(6)
#113 of 114 Old 02-06-2009, 02:04 PM

: That sounds wonderful for Thorn, I think you should be very proud that you worked so hard with him and I hope this starts the healing.
#114 of 114 Old 02-06-2009, 03:47 PM

: So glad for you..and him. Really sounds like the best outcome from the whole situation!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page