Will a new cat pee everywhere again? - Mothering Forums
Pets > Will a new cat pee everywhere again?
sphinxie's Avatar sphinxie 05:33 PM 03-05-2010
Hi everyone,

We were fostering a lovely cat that had a stubborn bladder infection and ended up peeing nearly all over our apartment. Since then I've been waffling over whether to foster another cat or not, and I'd like to get informed and finally make a decision--so that we can either have another kitty, or give back the litter box etc!

So my question is, is there cat pee residue around the house now? If we get another foster cat, are they more likely to pee around the apartment? If it's a "could go either way" thing, should we try it one more time, after buying waterproof protection for the bed and futon?

We did clean up after the cat pee as much as we could, madly dousing everything with those enzyme cleaners, but I'm sure we missed spots. There is no carpeting in our apartment, however the cat did pee on an ottoman-type thing that we still have, and there may be little residue patches on blankets or whatever. The last cat left in October.

Thanks, O knowledgeable cat people.

sphinxie's Avatar sphinxie 02:31 PM 03-08-2010
bump!
Magelet's Avatar Magelet 11:27 PM 03-08-2010
no clue, though I don't think it's likely. but I'm a very very new cat owner.
phatchristy's Avatar phatchristy 03:58 PM 03-12-2010
I would say I would be sure to adequately clean everything with the enzymatic solution before bringing another cat in. Also, you can get a blacklight to find spots you may have mix. Urine will fluoresce in a blacklight.
sphinxie's Avatar sphinxie 11:12 PM 03-17-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatchristy View Post
I would say I would be sure to adequately clean everything with the enzymatic solution before bringing another cat in. Also, you can get a blacklight to find spots you may have mix. Urine will fluoresce in a blacklight.
Ah, I forgot about blacklights! Thanks so much!
Up