We Moved & Now Dog Won't Poo - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-19-2010, 02:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The heartworm medicine is NOT distributed evenly throughout the chewable. So you can't split them because the majority of the dose might be in one end. The medication is rather safe for most dogs and the dose in heartguard is very low. People have given many times the proper dosage and their dogs are fine. However, since he is not feeling well, I would probably wait. Ask the vet about it when he is feeling better. They may want to do another heartworm test, but if the lapse in treatment is short they may decide its safe just to start him back up on the next scheduled dose.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2010, 02:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so I had given my dog a little bit of ground beef half tablespoon about, and he was fine, did that again about two days later and again he was just fine. My husband left chicken in the fridge for two days and so I gave a little bit to my dog to see how he would do with that since he did just fine with the ground beef, and he was fine, so for the next four days in addition to the soft food and kibble I gave him a little bit of the chicken until it was gone, he was still doing great and I felt optimistic. We ran out of his canned food a couple days ago and I didn't have time to go get more, so I decided to do a little bit ground beef and just the kibble along with the antibiotic. He only had two servings of the beef, about half a cup or even a bit less, and last night he had diarrhea. I'm confused as to why the natural diet is causing issues after all this time and the processed dog food is fine. and also why the ground beef is causing issues when fed to him without the soft food? because even though it was just a small amount when the beef and chicken was fed along with the soft food he was fine. Will I ever be able to feed raw again?

User Tag List