Quick help! Do I wake the puppy? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-26-2010, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got a new puppy today so I am full of questions. I am wanting to put the puppy to bed for the night at 11pm in it's crate. The problem is he's been napping for almost 2 hours now! He went to sleep in his crate at 6:45pm which I figured was fine but now it's 8:25pm and he's still out like a light. If I let him sleep for ages now will he not want to stay away all night?? Help! Should I wake him up?? Oh, he's 8 weeks old if that makes a difference.

Shawna, married to Michael, mommy to Elijah 1/18/01, Olivia 11/9/02, and Eliana 1/22/06
#2 of 3 Old 09-26-2010, 11:01 PM

i dont think I would worry about it as young as he is...he should wear out pretty quick if needed. And as he will still be needing to go out a bunch throughout the night, he will get some breaks from the crate then.

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

#3 of 3 Old 09-26-2010, 11:08 PM

I woke Isis at that age to go out when I wanted her bed time to be. Now she is almost 8 months and puts her self to bed most nights

I got lucky with her she slept 8-10 hours a night (never made a sound and never had a accident in her crate) from day one I was so happy I hope your little one will do that for you as well.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page