Is it good for you to have company as a Pet even if you can't fully take care of but if you have help you can fully take care of it ? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-20-2010, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My neighbors have a dog that is medium size . They sleep nearly all the time . They leave food out for her and it's soft and dry food.  They  also have water for her .

I walk her because one of them can't even walk out the door and the other one can't pick up any poo so if she does take her out then many kids incidentally step or fall into their poo which that neighbor wants to be able to help out but she just lets the dog poo alone because if she tried to bend down to pick it up she would lose her balance.

So no dogs should be without leashes but as soon as night rolls around or if it's a weekend during the daytime without the maitenance people or the manager they let their dog go out to use the bathroom not knowing if she went poo or not .

So I end up helping them out more in reality to help out the dog because since they sleep all the time day/night that the dog more likely ends up peeing on the training pads at their place or poos somewhere inside .

Plus it gives their dog extra company plus it helps clean up the apartment yard so nobody steps in the poo .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2010, 06:01 PM

I'm unsure what you're asking.  If you're asking if it's ok for a dog to live in this situation, well I would lean toward no.  Sure her basic needs are taken care of (food, water, place to potty) but are her owners giving her any quality attention?  Regular vet care?  Exercise to keep her form getting overweight?

Erin
Every hour of the light and dark is a miracle. Every cubic inch of space is a miracle. (Whitman)

Not a Mama Yet! If you're a NMY, too, come join our current thread in the Tribal area!

Old 11-20-2010, 07:02 PM - Thread Starter

The dog get more exercise from me by walking her in 'warmer weathers otherwise she just goes tiny ways and she is overweight . She does see a vet as in her daughter picks the dog up takes her to the vet not sure if it's once a year but I know she goes to the groomer at least 2x a year.

I don't think that dog gets more as in of talking attention because when she's let out at night she always stops by our door to visit us .

She gets excited when she sees me happily wagging her tail when it's time for a walking or a visit from me .

She does get worried about her owners so if before we go out if they make breathing troubles or turn around she will go look at them with her head next to them .

User Tag List