can my dog get athletes foot? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-27-2010, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

on his skin? everybody in the house has the same issue. oily itchy skin where the hair grows. i have had it since my now Dh moved in 7 years ago. he had bad athletes foot which we treated. i am  now thinking i got it on my scalp. the dog i had at the time started getting oilier and smellier. i though it was fleas and treated. fast forward to 5 years later and i have to rehome bc i cant afford med care. they said she had white shaker disease. she had an overgrowth of yeast in her ears which i think got to her cranial nerve but they said it was little white shaker. but she was a black lab/border collie mix. now we (DH) adopted a little yorkie. got him 6 mo ago. he did not smell at the time. now he does. he stinks. esp after coming back in from outside. he is always itching and scratching. less since we treated him for fleas but he always looks greasy and always stinks even right after a bath. i have been researching on the net about my head itches and thought the symptoms for athletes foot on the scapl matched the dogs issues as well. did more research and found that they can get a yeast or fungal infection that matches his symptoms. i would not like it if it got to the same point with the other dog. can i use ACV and TTO on him? i cant afford a vet yet but plan on getting the money together to treat all of us at the same time.

would a fungal/yeast infection explain my cats cysts and vomiting?

grasping at straws here.....

eta: it will take a couple of months to get the money to treat all the people and animals....

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.

User Tag List