Update!!The police removed my dog from the truck...... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2
Pets > Update!!The police removed my dog from the truck......
Hoopin' Mama 06:53 PM 01-23-2011

Thanks for the good wishes. Hubby has court date at the end of this week, but I imagine they will just reschedule a date once he pleads not guilty. Total pain since the town is about an hour away. We did find out the max fine is $300.

Agatha_Ann's Avatar Agatha_Ann 08:44 AM 02-17-2011

I've been thinking about you, any update OP?

Hoopin' Mama 01:05 PM 02-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha_Ann View Post

I've been thinking about you, any update OP?

Thanks! Dh made his appearance to plead not guilty. The judge hinted that if he pleaded guilty, then it would be about $150. Now, if they find him guilty they could fine him up to $500. His court appearance is a week from today. Ds has off school that day, so I think we will all go. After all, I am a witness.

Wish us luck!!

treemom2's Avatar treemom2 01:24 PM 02-17-2011

Wow!  Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention.  My dog has horrible separation anxiety when left home but does fine when kenneled in the car.  I would never leave her if the weather was warm, but I do tend to take her on all my errands and will leave her in the car while I run into the market or grab a bite to eat.  I didn't even know this was against any law.  I mean,  I assumed someone might call if I were to leave her in the car in the summer. . .but I don't see the risk in the winter (as long as it isn't too cold).  I really hope everything goes well in court.  Any way your vet could be a witness, knowing you and your family?

amcal's Avatar amcal 07:53 AM 02-18-2011
I'm in AZ and take my dog with me all the time! Of course, I only do it in cool weather but, I never, ever even considered it would be an issue with police! That's crazy!

I'm sorry youre dealing with this greensad.gif. Sending lots of positive thoughts for your court date.
Hoopin' Mama 08:00 AM 02-24-2011

Court date late this afternoon. Please send us good vibes. They could fine us up to $500. Ouch.

HollyBearsMom's Avatar HollyBearsMom 10:12 AM 02-24-2011

Here you go!!!! Good luck!

goodvibes.gif

Agatha_Ann's Avatar Agatha_Ann 01:04 PM 02-24-2011

Good luck! Keep us posted!

Hoopin' Mama 05:33 PM 02-24-2011

Dh met with the prosecutor. Dismissed!!

The pile of evidence dh walked in there with was rather amusing. Letter from our vet, photos documenting where we were that day, a print out of the weather for that day, etc.

Then they bonded over the photos of the Gabby Giffords memorial.

Hoopin' Mama 05:34 PM 02-24-2011

And thank you all for your good thoughts and talking to me about this. I love this place love.gif

HollyBearsMom's Avatar HollyBearsMom 05:43 PM 02-24-2011

broc1.gif  woohoo!!  congrats!!  what a great update.

Agatha_Ann's Avatar Agatha_Ann 06:34 PM 02-24-2011

jumpers.gif

Yay! That makes me so happy! Did the prosecutor think it was silly too?

amcal's Avatar amcal 05:42 PM 02-26-2011

Awesome update!

ancoda's Avatar ancoda 10:54 PM 02-27-2011

Wonderful update.  Very glad they saw they saw that it was not worth pursuing. energy.gif

1  2

Up