Silly quirks your pets have - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 01-13-2011, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Do your pets have any silly quirks?

We have one cat, Artemis, he's around 8 months old.  He has two litter boxes.  He has designated a "pee" litter box and a "poop" litter box.  He'll actually go in one litter box, do his business, and run across the house to the other one to finish  lol.gif He's a silly little thing.

Oh, um, he also licks the walls headscratch.gif

What strange things do your pets do?

rainbow1284.gif Mama to DD1 (6) DD2 (4) and DD3 (1)
#2 of 11 Old 01-13-2011, 11:24 AM

Our dog will only poop if she's on a slight incline, facing uphill.  I guess the thought of her poop possibly touching her paws freaks her out.  biggrinbounce.gif

Also, she will not poop for my husband.  she will hold it forever if he's the only one home to walk her, even if you can see (sorry to be graphic) the little turtle wanting to pop out.  she will hold it until i get home and then wig out and *run* to her favorite spot and poop instantly if i am there.

she's a rescue, so she actually has a few hundred quirks, but those are the funniest.

mom to Andrew   born Feb 6th, already a mom to child with fur; and still missing and still wondering about the lost possibilities Mar 17, 2009
#3 of 11 Old 01-13-2011, 11:35 AM

Our almost 1 year old Weim, Asia, has an obsession with ice.  When we had a cold snap a month or so ago, she'd drag around huge chunks of ice whenever she was outside.  In the house, she knows the sounds I make when I'm going to get some ice water and runs in to sit in front of the fridge. 

She's very touchy feely.  If you pet her, she has to pet you back.  And she gives hugs when we first get home.  There are tons and tons more, but I'll stop there. :)

#4 of 11 Old 01-14-2011, 07:41 PM

One of our cats, Tater, loves to lick plastic. He also loves to chew on wood or baskets. Or plastic. If I am petting one of the dogs, Tater will run over and push his way in front (or on top of) whoever I am petting.

Maddie, one of the dogs, is scared of anything new. If you wear a hat, she freaks out. If someone new comes over, she freaks out. If you vacuum, she is fine and doesn't blink an eye! lol She is the first dog we've ever had that did not respond to the vacuum.

Our other dog, Boomer, is an expert fly catcher. She will go absolutely still except for her eyes, which follow the offending bug around the room. Once it's within her reach, she leaps into the air, snaps her jaws and swallows.

DS: 18 DD: 15 DD: 8  angel1.gif 11/10  angel1.gif 4/11
  adoptionheart-1.gifDD: 3  angel1.gif 8/11

#5 of 11 Old 01-15-2011, 03:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Oscar does a chicken's foot dance! When I give him one, he takes it in his mouth then puts it down and dances around it for a bit before he eats it. He loves, loves, loves chicken's feet!

Rainbow.giftstillheart.gifsmile.gif

"If you find from your own experience that something is a fact and it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority and base your reasoning on your own findings"~ Leonardo da Vinci

#6 of 11 Old 01-15-2011, 05:56 PM

Not momma yet, but momma to a ton of furry, scaly, slimy and feathery critters. whale.gifribbongreen.gif
#7 of 11 Old 01-17-2011, 12:09 PM

I have a paper eating cat. He also ate a sweater once.  He enjoys shoes, dragging them around like a mini lion.

#8 of 11 Old 01-19-2011, 08:26 PM

When left alone, my dog will go and get one of my boots, or my hat, or one of my mittens (just mine - no one else's), and bring it to where he is laying down. 

He doesn't do anything to them. I'm not sure why he does it, but I suspect it's to have my smell near him. smile.gif

Mama to my 2 boys
#9 of 11 Old 01-19-2011, 08:53 PM

My black lab/golden retriever will not poop if anyone is watching. It has been months since I've seen him poop. Good thing he has a sister that we can test for buggies. She'll poop anywhere smile.gif. Same pup loves the stuffed animals from Kohl's. When he was a puppy he stole a stuffed cow from my next door neighbor's garage sale. Ever since then he carries stuffed animals around with him almost everywhere. I've brought him to the feed store and pet stores to see if he would like one made for dogs but nope. He doesn't shred them or anything he just LOVES them....
#10 of 11 Old 01-22-2011, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My cat LOVES when I mop the floor. She skitters really fast and slides on it. She is hilarious. Her eyes get all big, and her coat gets puffy; then she will hide, dash across the floor and slide around a corner! Then Dash back and slide across the floor! SKITTER SKITTER SKITTER and HIDE!

She also has an obsession with bed-making. She likes to be under the blanket as I floof it up and sail it down. Or she will pounces on the top when it floofs down and has an air bubble.

If its bedtime, she will dash under the covers and jump out to scare dd before she climbs in, or she will scamper around under the blankets and try to attack the dogs when they come to investigate. That is a game they all love to play.

She also will crap in DDs bed if she is angry with either of this. This is one quirk I HATE!

The dogs are just funny all over.

Dorky is much like Alyvantids weim. Very social, very good with her paws. She can open doors by turning the knob. She is always rubbing on my legs like a cat does and giving me static cling.

My horse (that I have had for 17 years) likes to sniff me. She almost seems to be meditating when she does it. Her eyelids half-close and she looks all dreamy, as she sniffs away. I love how she smells too. I would know her anywhere even without my sight because her smell is unique to me. I think this is because she was my first horse and I was young when I got her. The smell of her is forever imprinted with happiness in my brain.

DD's pony loves to have her belly scratched.

She is utterly adorable with her lips wiggling away in the air and swaying back and forth when we scratch.

Decluttering 500/2010
#11 of 11 Old 01-24-2011, 04:09 PM

Besides bringing the hose inside?  LOL.

You know how cats get nighttime crazies and run back and forth in the house for no apparent reason?  My dog does this.  Insane.

He also falls off the couch then acts like he totally meant to do that.

He has to have a toy in his mouth to go up or down stairs.  HAS TO.  Will search frantically if one is not right there.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page