I'm thinking about adopting an 8 yo Jack Russell - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-10-2011, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have only seen pictures and talked to the owner on the phone.  He's super cute and neutered and living in a situation that is not fair to him.  We said good-bye to our old dog last summer and I've really been thinking about a new companion.  Especially for our 4 1/2 yo daughter. My family will meet him tomorrow (under the guise that we are visiting as far as DD knows).

The thing is I've never even been around these kind of dogs and from what I've read they can be quite a handful.  I'm cautiously optimistic.  I'd really like this to work out!  Anyone have experience with Jack Russells?  Any advice? 

Thx

treehugger.gifdh + geek.gifme + biggrinbounce.gifdd 9/06 + rainbow1284.gifbabyf.gifdd 5/13
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 02-11-2011, 05:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just did a search in this forum and found lot of information about this breed.  Turns out I don't think I'm ready for such a high needs dog.  I'm sad to have to walk away from a dog who needs a better home, but I'm afraid now is not the time for this level of commitment. Sigh.

treehugger.gifdh + geek.gifme + biggrinbounce.gifdd 9/06 + rainbow1284.gifbabyf.gifdd 5/13

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page