Natura Pet Foods ( Innova, Evo, Karma, CA Natural ect) bought by Proctor and Gamble last year. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-25-2011, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Did anyone else know this? I really haven't been following pet food since we started feeding raw 4 years ago so I just found out. I used to feed EVO before we went raw.

check this out

http://www.dogfoodscoop.com/natura-dog-food.html

On June 1, 2010, Natura Pet Products finalized the sale of their business to Proctor and Gamble (P&G), the world’s largest manufacturer of household products.

but the "best" part is this

Pet food companies are not required to list ingredient changes on dog food labels for 6 months -- a legal loophole for P&G

I did not know that.

The link discusses what P&G did to the Iams and Eukanuba brands after they bought them out.

I'm really unhappy that EVO, which was our grain free backup food for travel ect when raw wasn't convenient is now owned by P&G.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2011, 05:09 AM

I found out shortly before it happened. A shame because it was a great food. I did send an email to Natura to tell them what I thought of this, and they sent a form letter back in response, about how they believe P&G is committed blah blah blah. I was sad to see it sold. Its fallen somewhat on my food ranking because of this, and I'll be carefully watching for changes in the future, as I'm sure they will come. I don't feed it myself. I was using their biscuits, but have switched to a different brand, and think I'll make it permanent.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:59 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Yes I knew but California naturals -Grain Free- LAMB is the only thing that wont make my dog sick.  So far so good.

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

Old 03-17-2011, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

I've decided we will switch to Wellness Core on those rare occasions where raw isn't convenient IE certain travel plans. I'll just have to remember to check and see what pet food changes might have happened before purchasing. Not that we have any need to commercial food anytime soon, but I like to be prepared. 

User Tag List