DD is turning 6 in a few weeks and really wants a kitten (or a Midwife Kit--quite the options!). I have been researching the Midwife Kit option while listening to DD's plaintive requests for a kitten. :)
Well, I don't know if she is wearing me down or if I am starting to really want to make one part of our family. We have a med-sized dog and planned on adopting a kitty later. I.e. when we're through the baby stage--for good, when we have a yard, a bigger house, etc.
My Q's are---what are the options besides a litter box? How much is involved up-front (& the first year) to get a kitten vacc'd and are there any natural alternatives? What about spaying?
Obviously, if we adopted a kitten it would be my responsibility but we would let DD name the kitty for her BD, try to involve her in caring for it, etc.
I have given myself a deadline of Sat night to decide.
SAHM , DH , DD (03/05) , DS1(01/09), DS2 (06/12) &