Is this a dog bite or a cat bite? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-30-2011, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was trying to split up a cat/dog fight on Tuesday and got bit.  There was no doubt in my mind after it happened as to which one bit me, and that one is now quarantined.  BUT someone just asked me how I knew which one did it... and I can't for the life of me remember exactly how it happened.  I must have blocked it out!  Anyway, can  anybody tell from these pics?  It was nearly healed when I took the photos, so it's not gross to look at :)

Palm sideTop side

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2011, 08:43 PM

It looks like cat to me.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:22 PM

What was the size of the dog?  Looks like a dog bite to me....Here is my most recent cat bite (cat bites tend to be small looking puncture wounds that swell up because the bacteria is pierced deeply into the tissue)

cat bite.bmp

PAT- photosmile2.gif Mommy to a super little boy kid.gif Tyr -Nov 17, 2006 Married to joy.gif Sky -August 28, 1993 
Sadly, Jan 21, 2011  m/c 6w5d  angel.gif
Old 05-01-2011, 02:57 PM

It looks more like cat to me....but I guess it really could be either.  

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

Old 05-01-2011, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonegirl View Post

What was the size of the dog? 

It was a 2-year old pit bull.  He looked small to mid-size to me I guess.  The puncture on the palm side of my thumb was kind of odd... it had the puncture then a tear that went over to a red spot like a blood blister.  Not sure if that was from the shape of a tooth or where another tooth went in (though the spot didn't look like there was a puncture there), or what. 

Thanks for everybody's feedback!  I'm still trying to track down the second animal to make sure it is healthy and not rabid!

Old 05-01-2011, 07:34 PM

If it was an actual BITE (and not just a graze of teeth) I dont see how a dog like a pitbull couldve made that mark...if it was the dog, that is amazing bite inhibition.  I was thinking you were going to say like a jack russel size or something.  

Nicole - )0( unschooling mama to Lilahblahblah.gif (12/21/05) and Cianwild.gif (9/21/07) as well as 3 dog2.gif 2 cat.gif,  4 rats, chicken3.gif and ducks

Old 05-01-2011, 09:15 PM

That doesn't look like a dog bite to me, especially a pit bull.  It looks like a cat bite or scratch.  (I've had cat scratches look worse than a bite)  I hope you can track down the other animal b/c both animals should be watched.

Mom to cat.gif and looking forward to breastfeeding and nurturing future kids!  luxlove.gif

User Tag List