Does anyone else's dog insist on laying their head on a pillow to sleep like a human? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 08-20-2011, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've never seen another dog do this. He takes pillows when we're not looking and lies on his side so that his head is laying on it just like we do. He even wants our blankets (has been known to steal them), but doesn't know how to put them on himself. If the kids put one over him he will just lie there and not move for hours on end because he loves it so much. It's pretty funny. We don't even have hard floors or anything. Everything is soft. I guess it just seems so funny and strange.

#2 of 12 Old 08-20-2011, 04:28 PM

My 85lb mix always has a stuffed animal from Kohls in his mouth that he uses for his head.

#3 of 12 Old 08-28-2011, 09:13 AM

Ours does...she also likes to be covered up to about her rib cage, her front paws must be free.  And it needs to be a sheet, not a heavy blanket.  No, she isn't spoiled.  At all.  ;)

Social working mommy to babygirl.gif 10/10/11, three cats, and a dog.

#4 of 12 Old 08-29-2011, 07:22 PM

that is so cute. my dog insists on sleeping under blankets with you regardless of temperature. and right up against you. and sometimes will go on pillow.

Mom to K(7)M(4)and baby J(2)cold.gifhh2.gif
:

#5 of 12 Old 08-30-2011, 12:24 PM

Our chihuahua will get under the covers between dh and I and sometimes be laying on her back with her head on the pillows snoring away.

Of course she also just climbs onto our pillows and sleeps on them. Last night she was on mine until she kicked my head.

Kim ~mom to one awesome dd (12)

#6 of 12 Old 09-04-2011, 02:51 PM

Yes

In a word, yes.  Always.

#7 of 12 Old 09-10-2011, 12:53 PM

I moved in with my son, dil, and grandson and I tried to keep my large granddog out of my room. That didn't work. Right now he is laying on my pillows all snuggled up and snoring. My 3 pound Chihuahua is on my lap wrapped in a super soft Bumblebee (from Transformers) blanket. Dogs love comfort and they love things that smell like the people they love.

: Grandmother , 3 Adult Sons

#8 of 12 Old 09-11-2011, 04:56 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I've come into my room to see Cow dog laying with her head on my pillow DD1 and DD2 on each side of her.  She'll have one paw on one kids head and another kid has their arms wrapped around Cow dogs torso.  Under the blankets and all asleep til morning.  DH and I slept in the guest room that night.  Why move a happy comfortable situation for the three.  It's not often, Cow dog usually sleeps at the end of the bed but it was after a vacation and Cow dog must have needed her girls. 

#9 of 12 Old 09-19-2011, 10:51 AM

Absolutely - I have one dog who curls up under all the blankets on my bed by my feet (when I let him) and one who likes to snuggle under a blanket with a toy like a stuffed animal and a pillow under his head. @ChristyMarie - I've seen mine sleep like that too! Dogs have such fun personalities. :-) LOVE IT! Of course, they're not causing craziness when they're sleeping either....

Keeping busy with DH partners.gif, our crazy dogdog2.gif, grad school caffix.gif, and our new baby boy who arrived in June! babyboy.gif

#10 of 12 Old 09-19-2011, 01:42 PM

Both my chocolate lab and my German Shepherd/lab  love pillows.  They each have their own  human pillow on their beds and love to hold it and sleep with their head on it!  They both love soft, snuggly things in general.  It is funny watching them snuggle on the floor with my son on a cold, rainy day!

Mom to Zach eat.gif , 2 cat.gif, 1dog2.gif, and a whole lot of goldfish.gif!!!! 
#11 of 12 Old 10-02-2011, 07:45 AM

Yep.  She starts about at the knees, and then slowly ooches her way up to the pillows and ends up right in my face.  It's cute and annoying.

#12 of 12 Old 10-02-2011, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
We just bought our big dog a huge bed... huge as in I can fit on it. She sat on it with me then left me for my bed. She all but chucked a blanket at me and growled happy sleeping sucker!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page