We are just starting to explore this issue for 7 - 8 year old male Chango, who just came to us a year ago.
We're questioning the dietary advice, and so far just are really committed to helping him drink more with little water fountains around the house. A copy of his labs is in the mail to me, but for now it's being called "early stage." We have been advised to lower the protein in his diet as of his most recent tests.
We're not dogmatic (catmatic?) about going a medical or non-medical route, so I'm writing to ask for your experience either way.
Anyway - here are some Qs:
1. How old was your cat when diagnosed?
2. What diets have you used and how did it affect disease progression? Over how much time?
3. If you went a more medical route, what kinds of interventions did you use? How did your cat respond?
4. If you went a less medical route, what kinds of interventions did you use? How did your cat respond?
5. If your CRF cat has already passed away, what was their end of life like?
Many meow thanks in advance!
Mom of one child (2008), wife of one husband, tender of dogs, cats and chickens. Household interests: ocean life (kid), bitcoins (husband), simplifying (me).
|48 members and 11,391 guests|
|a-sorta-fairytale , ajotoro , AshleeSheree , beedub , canecorso8 , coconotcoco , DahliaRW , Dakotacakes , Deborah , Dovenoir , emmy526 , esposito1979 , floss&ferd , girlspn , hillymum , hope4light , Janeen0225 , Jazzy8000 , Jessica765 , justsamma , lactomom , lisak1234 , Mirzam , Mylie , NaturallyKait , NomadMom9753 , oaksie68 , peargieleigh , petey44 , RollerCoasterMama , Saladd , Sarahnwright , sarrahlnorris , shantimama , Shmootzi , Smella , Socks , Springshowers , sren , SweetSilver , talldarkeyes , tifga|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|