I feel so bad for leaving my dog behind. *vent* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-10-2011, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Last week my kids and I finally got away from their dad. He was a control freak and abusive both psychologically, financially and I just could not take it any more. I do not have a car or drivers license thanks to him so the only way to get my kids away was on the train which does not allow dogs. He has dogs of his own and mine is just one more for him to care for. However I love my dog so much and wish I could have her back. I called all the animal shelters near them on a regular basis to make sure he hasn't brought her in to spite me since he threatened to take her to the pound. I am trying to find a rescue group that could get her but the only no kill rescues in the state require dogs to be dropped off. I know I need to put my kids first but I can't help but be afraid of what the future holds for my sweet dog. She is four years old and I bottle raised her since she was two days old, this dog is like my second child and I cry over how much I miss her. I feel like I should never have a pet again since I let her down so much by leaving her behind. I just wish there was someway I could make sure she was okay.

be good family...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 12-11-2011, 06:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Good for you for standing up for yourself and kids by leaving!
Do you have a friend that you could call to pick your dog up and take care of her for a bit?
#3 of 6 Old 12-11-2011, 10:51 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What about calling the police to go get her? Maybe if you explain the situation they could help you retreive her and take her to a rescue?

Where are you located? (you can PM me if you want) I have a network of people in the USA that may be able to help.

Aspiring Midwife applying to University for fall 2011!
#4 of 6 Old 12-17-2011, 11:32 PM

Also, some domestic violence shelter workers (social workers?) know of agencies or individuals who will foster a dog temporarily while a mom and her kids get back on their feet.  You might even a find a compassionate rescue group that will help you with this. 

Proud of you for protecting yourself and your kids.  My best friend left her abusive ex-husband 3 years ago, after 17 years of marriage.  She took the kids, but had to leave their 2 rottweilers because she moved in with her parents and they wouldn't let the dogs come.  Fortunately, her ex realized the dogs were all he had left, so he took good care of them. 

Book-lovin', relaxed homeschoolin', dog snugglin' mom of the best kid EVER!  AND...waiting for baby #2, due 5/9/14!  stork-boy.gif

#5 of 6 Old 12-21-2011, 04:06 AM

I am sorry about the dog,but glad to read you and the kids got away. Maybe someone can get her away from him and care for her until you can. I would work on getting her  and then finding a home.

#6 of 6 Old 01-01-2012, 07:32 AM

any update? my heart breaks for you and your pooch.....can 'we' help in any way? im a good networker with rescue groups.....

proverbs 29:7 the righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page