Tick spray that works for dogs? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-05-2012, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know eventually we'll probably have to resort to Frontline but I'd like to hold off as long as possible with our new puppy (getting him in 9 days!).  I'll be using a tick comb for everyday use around the yard (we have a LOT of ticks around us) but especially if he's in an area where there are even more of them, I'd like to use some sort of repellent - which ones work with the least toxicity to the dog and to humans who will be grooming/petting the dog?  Any tried and true products anyone could recommend?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 04-16-2012, 11:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I use vet's best. Peppermint and clove extract. It smells wonderful, and I have only seen one flea on Rosie since we got her on March 1st. No ticks, and our house is surrounded by woods on all sides. Teh kids have had quite a few ticks, but she has had none. I have heard that citronella and lemon essential oil work well also.

None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor and Ferdinand, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there.shine.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page