Cookie Cat hasn not come home - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-08-2012, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Woke Tuesday, 4AM to our Cookie Cat on our bed as always, ready for me to let him out for his morning hunt.  Wish I had not.  Back to bed and I was awakened to an awful cry, close to what an infant in horrible pain sounds like.  Looked at my 3 year old and realized it was outside and then over quickly.  My heart sank. 

He has not returned.  Last night we had a 2 hour long thunder and lightening storm that was just incredible.  My Husband said "This is Cookie saying goodbye".  He is a clever out door cat and comes home daily to eat and love.  He is a Tuxedo (black with white on chest) and has the demeanor of a dog, will go for walks with our family and would come to you by name.  He helped teach my son how to walk at 10 months and is such a kind cat with him, my son is now 3.  He says that "Cookie will be back and is just hunting mice Mom".  We have walked the neighborhood so many times to let him know we are here and told every person I can he has not returned yet. 

I miss him.  Crying so much. 

This picture was taken the day we brought him home from the shelter, my son was 10 months.  Melts my heart. 

'09   
#2 of 6 Old 08-08-2012, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

greensad.gif  Oh no, I'm so sorry.  I hope he's just out for an extended jaunt and does show back up at home, looking for love and dinner.  hug.gif

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#3 of 6 Old 08-08-2012, 02:09 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so very much.  I am hoping for the same, just not his style.  Having hope.  End of Mercury Retrograde, conflict and confrontation.  He is a strong one. 

Thank you. 

I am beating myself up a bit because at my last grocery trip, I noticed (when home) that I wasn't charged for 3 items and haven't gone back to resolve.  Thinking the universe is resolving for me.  I sure hope not. 

'09   
#4 of 6 Old 08-09-2012, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter

Whooo hooo!  He came home this morning at 6AM.  My Husband dashed out of bed and I just knew he was home!  Thank you for throwing good vibes! 

'09   
#5 of 6 Old 08-09-2012, 02:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Hey that's great news. I'm really pleased for you. My cat spent 2 nights away from home once. He's never done it before or since. I think he was accidentally locked in someone's garage or shed.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#6 of 6 Old 08-09-2012, 06:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yay!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page