Co-sleeping with a 12 YO Bedwetter - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-10-2012, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Location: dining at the restaurant at the end of the universe
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)

OK, I admit I think the title is funny. But seriously, I am looking for advice. Rosie is a 12 YO poodlish mix, and has been 100% problem free all her life. But several mornings lately, I have woken to a puddle in my bed. I am understanding of her age (I am getting up there too!). I don't think she would tolerate the doggie diapers they sell - she has never been a clothing type of girl. I have tried starting the night with her on a thick towel, but she moves around during the night. I will of course take her to the vet if needed, but hope there might be a home remedy type solution I could try first.

She is otherwise in great health, and I foresee several more years of Rosie being a well loved family member. But my youngest people-kids are teens, and I never imagined I would wake in a puddle again!

Rhu - mother,grandmother,daughter,sister,friend-foster,adoptive,and biological;not necessarily in that order. Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way (Jimmy Buffet)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2012, 08:14 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

Does she ever leak during the day? Might be hard to see if you have carpets, but if you have solid floors look for any signs of wetness or if she has a doggy bed, well, stick your nose into it and smell for any signs of leaks there.  Vet check is definitely in order to confirm leakage vs infection.  The good news is there are a million herbal remedies for incontinence.  Check onlynaturalpet.com for a some good quality stuff.  And worst case scenario, Proin is a drug used for incontinence.  I hate drugs for me or my animals.  Luckily it's not my dogs that take it, but one who I watch from time to time and trained when she was a pup.  She's a lab, takes the pill 2x a day without issue, and I struggled to find many adverse effects for it in studies published online.  It may be trial and error to see what product or combination of works best.  Cranberry is a good overall urinary tract supplement you could start with. Also what are you feeding her?

User Tag List