Kitty meow meow meow - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-29-2013, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Me and my family recently adopted a beautiful cat. 3 years old and very playful and has the most beautiful green eyes. She gets along with everyone very well and just loves attention. The only downside to her is that she meows a lot. Constantly really. Sure we don't mind during the day when we can go and play with her but during the night she keeps us up with her crying. What's worse she does the same when we are out of the house and just meows until someone gets home.

Now I've brought her to several vets and they all say she is perfectly healthy. I just fear my Luna is starved for attention and there isn't much I can do...is there any way I can calm her down? Maybe get her to stop meowing so much? It's been 2 months and we haven't slept properly since we got her. And no I will not give her up. She is part of our family.
#2 of 4 Old 03-29-2013, 05:53 PM

Look up "How to Properly Play with your Cat" by Jackson Galaxy. He did an episode like this on his show "My Cat from Hell", but I can't find the episode, and I'm not quite sure I remember how he solved it... I'm sure the majority of it was to play properly.  And maybe for the kitty to have their own little place where you spend the majority of your time?

#3 of 4 Old 03-29-2013, 06:12 PM

Can she snuggle in with you at night? When our kitties are having a tougher time or we've been away a lot or busy, our kitties sleep practically on us for a few days and that seems to help. I wish I had more for you but she may simply need a lot of reassurance and snuggles to feel safe and relaxed at her new home. I'd try to shower her with affection and be available to see if that might calm her. Has she been fixed or is she intact?
#4 of 4 Old 03-30-2013, 12:54 PM

Also, some cats are just a lot more vocal. One of my cats, named Baby for his constant crying is the happiest, most spoiled cat ever and he's still a meowing machine - it seems like he's just trying to talk to us most of the time. luckily, though, he doesn't usually do it all night unless there's something that's bothering him (someone shut their bedroom door or a cat outside or something like that). 

good luck! 

Tags
Pets

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page