kittens soon?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-11-2013, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My cat is very prego. I thought she was pregnant when we found her as a stray so I didnt get her fixed and on my anniversary, March 18th, she started acting funny so I thought she was going into labor. No, she was in heat and after days of waiting for kittens, she was already pregnant again. This time, i know she is pregnant. I can feel 3 or 4 kittens without pressing hard and can feel them move. Today, she had discharge, clear and bloody, that got on my bed and was on her tail. No other symptoms of labor so im concerned. I canceled my out of town mothers day trip so I could stay home with her. Any advice will help, worried right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2013, 11:07 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
My cat had the fluid leaking you described (a lot!) one afternoon/evening, and had her one kitten in the middle of the night. Everything went perfectly. Enjoy those babies!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
Old 05-11-2013, 11:08 PM

I'll add that when I went to bed at midnight, there were still no labor symptoms. She was sleeping peacefully in my bed. I woke up at 3am to a tiny kitten mew.. In my bed!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
Old 05-11-2013, 11:13 PM

Maybe a phone consult with a vet is in order? I mean, probably more likely to be helpful than a message board.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:59 AM

Actually, I just looked at a calendar and if she was in heat march 18, the kittens wouldn't be due yet. Not till around the 20th. Unless its possible she was in heat earlier than that. Cat pregnancies last about 9 weeks. It can be iffy to pinpoint the exact start date since its calculated from ovulation. The last day of the heat cycle is a good estimate though. If you can clearly feel movement, they'll be born within a week or 2 or less. I don't know what would cause the leaking fluid besides imminent labor. Could you be mistaken on when she went into heat? Its not always obvious.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

Im positive on the day she went into heat because I was getting ready to go to my anniversary dinner and she started acting funny so I thought she was in labor. My husband was mad because I wanted to cancel dinner. lol Still no babies but they are still active so im guessing everything is ok. Thanks for your help.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

And im almost positive she will have them in my bed. That is her comfort zone. She is a crazy cat so im really hope i can be there with her when the time comes to make sure she adjusts ok. That probably sounds weird but she can be unpredictable.

Tags
Pets
User Tag List