Rebelling cat? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-07-2013, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 1yr old male manx who is neutered and is declared on front paws. He's been a very laid back cat since I got him in November '12 with no real behavioral issues. Until now.

I'm 37wks pregnant and for the last week or so he has been going after my sandals. Just mine. Hubby and 3 sons have sandals too but cat doesn't mess with them at all. Just mine. I have to keep them hidden for the most part but it's like he hunts them out and when he finds, he grabs and runs off with it to chew on. I don't know what has triggered thus sudden change or how to reverse it. It sucks because these sandals are the only footwear I've been able to comfortably wear at all through this pregnancy and now they are covered with punctured holes.

He has toys that he plays with. Little balls that he bats around, a mouse toy, and a stuffed frog that has catnip. He gets loving from me and the family on a daily basis, though he's really been staying away from me it seems.

What can I do to reel him back and get him to stop chewing my shoes? I'm so afraid of him getting worse when baby arrives soon. :/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2013, 04:49 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)

That's a tough one. My best advice would be to hide your shoes for a few weeks and see if he gets over the desire to do this.

Anyone with cat experience have some advice to offer?

Tags
Pets
User Tag List