Getting urine smell out of carpet - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-14-2013, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I have 4 cats and they go through phases where they start peeing in the house.  I have no idea why and it often ends as mysteriously as it starts.  But anyway, I cannot get the smell out of where they pee.  It seems like no matter how much I clean it, it still smells and then they still go back to the same spot and pee again.  What do you use to get out urine smells?  

#2 of 3 Old 12-14-2013, 06:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Peroxide, a bit of baking soda and dish soap. Test for colorfastness first, but that it has been a godsend for getting our cats pee smell out of nylon bags. I learned if you use some thing like natures miracle, you need to keep it wet for the enzymes to keep working. Go through a lot of spray that way!

Carson, living life with my 3 boys: DH, DS Dec '09 blahblah.gif  and newbie DS Sept'12baby.gif

always two in my heartbeat.gif 

#3 of 3 Old 12-14-2013, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Thank you - I will have to try that. Do you mix them all together or do it in a certain order?  

I hear people swear by Nature's Miracle but I have used it multiple times and it hasn't worked.  It still smells like pee after and the cats keep going there.  

Thanks again!  Fingers crossed it works!

Tags
Pets

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page