Missing my cat - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-05-2005, 12:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
6 years ago I adopted a 10 day old kitten. I bottle fed him until he was 6 months. His name was Stubby, he was a solid black manx. He was the sweetest cat I'd ever known, he used to curl up on his back on my lap, and I'd hold him like a baby. He would even crawl into the bath and shower with me. I love him so much.

We moved to northern MI and was looking for a place on the Island. We were there for several months. He stayed outside in a kennel because he could not be in with my dogs, and thre was no one to watch him, and no kennels on the island. Winter came. One place came open, after 4 months of waiting, and she did not allow cats. She owned the bar right next door, and came over often because the water supply was connected to her bar. So I gave him away. I gave him to someone off the Island. We ended up moving a few months later, I tried calling the lady, I was gonna offer her up to $500 to get him back. I love him that much. But her phone was disconnected, she had moved. Now it is a year later. I had a dream about him last night. In my dream, I had stumbled upon the woman who had him, she was keeping him in outside. Together with my DH, we went there, saw him walking down the road, and drove off with him purring in my lap. I read the newspapers and petfinder religiously, hoping to find him again. I need to move on. This hurts so bad. Anyone ever been in a similar situaton? Any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 05-05-2005, 12:34 AM

Oh sweetie. I don't have any advice, but I didn't want to read and not send you a big hug - I'm so sorry that you are missing your kitty so much.
#3 of 6 Old 05-05-2005, 12:39 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, I just don't get it. I don't miss my sweet doggies that have passed on as much as this. Maybe because it's unresolved? I know he's out there, but that I'll never cuddle him again is painful. And, I was very picky and I know he went to a wonderful home, but I'd rather him be with me. I'm his mommy! (And yea, I know that sounds pitiful, but it's true! He was my first real baby.) I should definately move on.
#4 of 6 Old 05-05-2005, 12:49 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I'm so sorry.

My cat of many years died while we were out of town for a week and our neighbor was watching her for us. I don't know what happened to her - to my knowledge she wasn't sick. When we came home she was gone and buried. It was hard to get closure on her death.
#5 of 6 Old 05-05-2005, 10:50 AM

I'm sorry you're missing your kitty. Maybe visualizing her in her new loving home would help. I know that sounds cheesy, but sometimes doing that sort of things helps put better thoughts in my head.
#6 of 6 Old 05-05-2005, 12:01 PM

I'm so sorry mama We've just lost our kitty of 6yrs. and we are all still very sad about it. Rasta was an awesome cat! We got him when he was just 6wks old and he's moved with us all over the place and never once ran away. He was so smart about cars (we've lived in lots of busy places), never used a litter box...he would just scratch on the door when he wanted to go out, he's always gotten along with our dog and other animals, but he's wicked when it comes to animals he doesnt know. Once when he was about 8 mos. old, he would chase this great big German Shepard out of our yard because he was so protective of our/his place
Well, 3 weeks ago today was the last time we saw him We've looked everywhere, posted flyers, called animal control several times...
And I totally hear ya about having those awful unresolved feelings. I think that's what makes it so hard. If i knew he got killed somehow, i could grieve and move on, or if he found another family (which i SERIOUSLY doubt cause he hated strangers and other kids) but i could get over it knowing at least that he was taken care of. But not know what happened is awful. I still drive around the neighborhood everytime i leave to look for him. Dh and i will hear a cat meow and run outside to see if its him. I was thinking just yesterday i wonder how long we will keep looking before giving up. I'm crying just thinking about it
Sorry i'm not trying to hijack your thread or anything, but just wanted to say i know how you feel and i'm so sorry youre having to go through this. Its so tough to loose a pet, they are such a part of our family.
Maybe if you remember where the lady lived you could drive over there. Or if you have her name try doing a people search online to find a new number.
mama...please let us know if you find him.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page