German Shepherds should not be shaved!! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 40 Old 05-10-2005, 06:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When I worked for the dog groomers, I always hated to see the fluffy dogs going out with their heads and ruff still intact. They looked like someone previously pointed out... a mutant lion. Poor critters. They seemed soooo shamed... :LOL
#32 of 40 Old 05-10-2005, 06:22 PM

Quote:
She seems perfectly happy with it
see, now, my dogs get that sheepish, "i KNOW i look like an idiot" lok when they're cut too short! : : :
#33 of 40 Old 05-10-2005, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, part of it may be that Bedlam is too dumb to realize she looks ridiculous. We're talking about a dog who's elevator doesn't go all the way to the top.
#34 of 40 Old 05-10-2005, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon0218
We're talking about a dog who's elevator doesn't go all the way to the top.
ummmmm...my lab walked around for a good half hour wuth a toddlerpotty seat stuck around her neck (you know, the ones that sit on top of the regular toilet seat? apparently she tried to drink out of the toilet while it was on and her big dumb head got stuck in it) until i could stop laughing hard enough to get it off her! :
#35 of 40 Old 05-10-2005, 10:35 PM

lol

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#36 of 40 Old 05-10-2005, 11:43 PM

:

:LOL Okay, that's just sad.
#37 of 40 Old 05-10-2005, 11:49 PM

My email notification is not working, or I would have been back to this thread much sooner...

I'm so glad to hear that I am not the only one who thinks that that stupid head, tail and legs left totally natural on a shaved body looks hideous! And they call that "professional" grooming!!! And people actually PAY good money to have that done!!! It just sends me over the edge.

I'm actually glad I'm not grooming full time now. I have a few dogs I trim at home. I actually have two people who drive nearly 2 hours to me to groom their pups. One lady passes a major metropolitan area on her way. I'm amazed she can't find someone closer to trim a Westie to look like a Westie.... Oh well....

Shannon, I hope your pup is better!

"To err is human, to forgive, canine." - Unknown
#38 of 40 Old 05-11-2005, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppyFluffer

I'm so glad to hear that I am not the only one who thinks that that stupid head, tail and legs left totally natural on a shaved body looks hideous! And they call that "professional" grooming!!! And people actually PAY good money to have that done!!! It just sends me over the edge.
OMG yes - I took our elderly Samoyed to a posh - and very expensive - salon a couple of years ago. Told them to buzz him short for the summer. They did so, but left his head and tail all fluffy. He looked like a Q-tip. Dh was so embarrassed he'd only walk him after dark. Kids in the park would fall about laughing as we walked past. :LOL
#39 of 40 Old 05-11-2005, 03:44 AM

i have a sheep dog mix who was always getting into fights with my mothers shepherd until I shaved him. (side note he always ends up looking like scar from lion king) Turns out the shepherd was freaked by not being able to see his eyes, so when he would grow out the tension would start again. wierd. So invisible fence brand is the only thing to use? I have a 7 month female German Shepherd who jumps my 6 ft stockade fence several times a day, I was told that Invisble fence along the same perimiter would stop her, or at least deter her. Shes in heat right now and I cant let her out at all, shes determined.

edited to say: Shannon (and everyone) do you have dggie picture/training links?
#40 of 40 Old 05-11-2005, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

Karen, i had some woman freak on me because I didn't leave her golden retriever's head and tail fluffy--she was crying because her dog didn't look like a lion--I told her if she wants a lion, she should have bought a cat. Aren't those clients who come from anywhere funny??? I had a woman who drove an hour for me to strip her cocker spaniel with a #7 every 8 weeks--I mean can't anyone shave a dog down???
My other pet peeve is "I want his face shaved, head left puffy, feet shaved and his legs fluffier than his body--but I don't want him to look like a poodle"

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page