What have you pulled out of a dog's butt? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 86 Old 01-29-2007, 08:33 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I first read this title and was like what?? dogs get things up their butts?? like how...they sit on stuff and it just goes up? haha....wow so they eat a lot of junk. I will be very careful what I leave lying around on the floor when I get my dog. I keep my home very tidy in that way, hate having anything left laying on the floor like rubbish or clothes, other than dc's toys ofcourse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 86 Old 01-31-2007, 05:07 PM

I just adopted my first dog and I swear to you I will never pull anything out of her butt! I'll call DH home from work if I have to! EW! Lol!

That being said, I had a cat who also had the bologna string that needed to be pulled out as well. Made my Dad take care of that one.

#63 of 86 Old 01-31-2007, 08:00 PM

My fil pulled many a plastic bag from his yellow lab's butt. Also, the dog ate sidewalk chalk on several occasions. Pretty!

DS born 4 May 2013.
#64 of 86 Old 01-31-2007, 11:48 PM

:Puke
Every time I have the urge to get a puppy, I will come back and re-read this thread. In the meantime I will stick with guinea pigs, as I have never had to pull anything out of their butts (although occationally I have to cut poop out of their hair).

Wife to dh and mommy to dd1 (3/07), ds (1/10), and dd2 (any day now)!

#65 of 86 Old 02-01-2007, 12:43 AM

My first male Great Dane used to sneak loaves of bread. BAG and all! Hubby used to say it was great having a dog that bagged its own poop.
#66 of 86 Old 02-01-2007, 09:26 AM

Well, this morning we found that Dylan (the cat) passed a long piece of the girls' necklace string from their beading kit. dh left their bedroom door open for not even 30 minutes yesterday....dumb kitty
#67 of 86 Old 02-01-2007, 09:59 AM

This thread is so funny...I have three rescued pit bulls, and I thought they ate a lot of stuff they shouldn't, being the super-high-energy-chew-on-anything kind of pups....but you guys, man, your dogs put mine to shame!!

We live on a farm, and favorite game of all of our dogs is to leap into the air to try and catch falling whisps of hay as we carry hay out to the fields for the horses and goats. It's not good enough just to catch them, they have to eat them, too. So, we do have a lot of the turd-stuck-in-butt-by-grass types. Gross, but not exciting or entertaining! I think the only thing I was truly amazed at was one of our dogs once ate an entire nylon leash--the only thing we found remaining was the snap--until a day or so later when the rest of the leash made its "exit"...completely whole, folded back-and-forth on itself so it made a nice, neat little turd-leash package!!

They also try to eat a lot of sticks, acorns, dropped horse feed, etc. They really would eat anything. I catch them chewing on baling twine, rocks, any fabric of any kind (lose a lot of gloves this way...the youngest knows exactly which pockets to dig through in my coat to find my fleece gloves!) I also have one that loves toilet paper, right off the roll (that was really funny the first time we busted her and she went ripping around the house, unravelling the roll out behind her!)

But we try really hard to make sure they don't get into stuff they shouldn't. Not only does it usually make for unpleasant nights (50-lb dogs up all night puking all over my bedroom? Been there, done that, not a fan...) but I really don't want to face the vet bills or the stress from having to have one of my pups undergo surgery for something impacted in the gut! I'm also a big believer in CRATE TRAINING. For you guys who don't have dogs but may get one in the future--it's not mean to leave your dog in his/her crate when you can't supervise them. It's not a punishment (my dogs love their crates--it is their own, personal, private space and they go willingly. They are only in them when we're at work, and they sleep in our room at night). Not only will it save your stuff if you have one that chews and make housetraining easier (and, therefore, you'll enjoy your dog a lot more!), but it could save the dog the pain and you the cost of a serious vet visit! Ok, sorry, didn't intend to get on my "crates are great" soapbox... :

Glad to know that it's not just my dogs that are gross little eating machines!!

One little guy born 6/17/07 : :
#68 of 86 Old 02-02-2007, 03:43 PM

This thread is hysterical. My dog can never pass up a protein bar, and with her greyhound needle-nose she is able to reach into your pockets (yes even if you are wearing the pants) or open a backpack if there is just the smallest opening in the zipper. At first she ate them wrapper and all, so that made for colorful poop, but eventually she started leaving most of the wrapper. She's so smart Now I'm pretty well trained to not leave any food of any kind in my backpacks.

She also loves to eat the cat's puke, and of course anything that can be found in a bathroom trash can.

I've never had to assist her with any of her "exits" though Other dogs and cats I have (used to be a pet sitter).

Mama to 3 year old DS and awaiting #2 in June
#69 of 86 Old 03-20-2007, 03:54 PM

So I'll add some of the things I've extracted (or found in poopy piles)from my beloved Lab's behind

Army men (the little plastic ones- not real men )
Scores of bacon greased paper towels
Plastic grocery bags
Yarn
Long strands of my hair
Crayons
Socks- both baby socks and tube socks

It's always a fun day when my dog is trying to poop something out and can't do it- chasing him around the yard trying to grab something hanging is always great exercise I'm always grateful it comes back out in the end :
#70 of 86 Old 03-20-2007, 04:25 PM

its always great to see such a cool thread revived!

natural birthin', baby catchin', cloth addicted, intactalactavist mama of 12/00, 6/03, 10/07, 8/10 & our angelcubs three
#71 of 86 Old 03-20-2007, 04:37 PM

Haven't had to rescue anything from the depth of Loki's anal regions just yet, but my childhood dog would eat crayons and then poop rainbow colors. My dad had to pull dental floss out of his behind a few times, too.

Me+DH+DS1+DS2+Dog=me and a house full of guys, which is really just peachy, thanks.
#72 of 86 Old 03-20-2007, 05:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Never pulled anything out of a dogs butt This is the first time I have ever heard or this.

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#73 of 86 Old 03-20-2007, 05:47 PM

laughup OMG, this has got to be the funniest/grossest thread on MDC.

Nothing here, though a friend's dog just recently ate a ziploc bag and about 6pairs of her DD's underpants. SADLY it got stuck though: in the small intestine and pooch had to have surgery. Poor dog had actually just gotten hit by a car four months before and has been through a lot!

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#74 of 86 Old 03-20-2007, 07:29 PM

Can't say I've ever pulled anything out of a dog's butt, actually. But I really appreciated a good laugh with this thread's title!

crochetsmilie.gif mama to DD 8/06, DS 9/09

Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul jammin.gif
#75 of 86 Old 03-20-2007, 10:05 PM

I'm cracking up because I've been having this problem with the cats I adopted - the day after they arrived the poop in the litter box was shiny and colorful! Not having had pets in a while, I tried not to look too closely.

Welllll now I know what it is. I got balloons for the kids at the grocery store, left them at home while the kids and I went out for the afternoon. When we came home, all the balloons were on the ceiling with *no* strings. Where are the strings????
?
?
?
?
?
?
um. Hangin' out my cats' butts.

Do you think they're okay? Should I pull them out? I don't want them to wind up on the ceiling. We have 20 ft cathedral ceilings and it'd be hard to get them down.

I guess the original colorful poop was from an office party at the vet's office where we got the kitties from!
#76 of 86 Old 03-21-2007, 01:45 AM

Never had to pull anything out. Pretty sure I'd call dh to do it.
Dh's dog eats orange crayons (only the orange ones). Guess it could be a lot worse than orange poo!

+ (13 years together)= (9), (9), (2) and
#77 of 86 Old 03-21-2007, 02:49 AM

Yikes!! This thread makes me feel very lucky!!

Our dogs have I'm sure pooped out many things, but I never inspect too closely. Mainly they prefer tissues and kitty litter, so luckily colorful poop isn't an aspect of it. Mainly they only eat edible objects.... except when Zeeke chewed apart our couch... (and yes! Crates! Are wonderful wonderful things!!)

Once, when I was little, our cat ate a rope though. Took two days to finish pooping it out.... dad had to cut it off as it came out. *sigh* That was so gross.

I think generally you shouldn't PULL anything out... just sayin'... if it's a long string pulling it could seriously injure the intestines/bowel.

Natalie, mama to Katherine (5/22/10), missing Devin (stillborn 3/6/08)
#78 of 86 Old 08-21-2008, 09:59 AM

Reviving this thread to let you all know that Clorox wipes dispense from a dog's butt better than they do from the plastic container - they come out one at a time and there are no sharp edges to hurt my fingers on when I have to go fishing to get the next wipe to pop out. Maybe I should contact Clorox and let them know that I have a better design idea.
#79 of 86 Old 08-21-2008, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRockstar View Post
Reviving this thread to let you all know that Clorox wipes dispense from a dog's butt better than they do from the plastic container - they come out one at a time and there are no sharp edges to hurt my fingers on when I have to go fishing to get the next wipe to pop out. Maybe I should contact Clorox and let them know that I have a better design idea.
Ewwww.

And I'll add in this, not my dog, but one of my cats: string and....a sticky hand (like the long gooey things with a hand on the end that you throw and stick to stuff). Only, when dh pulled it out, it broke and part of it snapped the poor kitty's bottom (not sure when the rest came out, I assume in the catbox! We certainly didn't go for it!)

~Rose~ 

Homeschooling Mom to Two Boys, 13 & 9. rainbow1284.gif Baby Girl Arriving April 2013!

#80 of 86 Old 08-21-2008, 06:31 PM

Baby wipes, lots of baby wipes.

Jen, journalist, policy wonk, and formerly a proud single mama to my sweet little man Cyrus, born at home Dec. 2007 . Now married to my Incredibly Nice Guy and new mama to baby Arthur.
#81 of 86 Old 08-22-2008, 03:34 PM

I've never had to pull anything out (Mr. Laurel pulled out some grass once), but Tristan's stool is like an episode of CSI: You're finding evidence of some sort of crime. The best was probably the 20 or so fluorescent orange earplugs sitting in one pile in the backyard.
#82 of 86 Old 08-22-2008, 04:09 PM

OMG! best. thread. ever. ROFLMAO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia View Post
One of my miniature dachshunds used to need assistance freeing himself from his poop b/c the poop would dangle and remain attached thanks to MY hairs coming out of his rear! I have no idea how he was eating hair though?
My 75 lb sheppard mix does this too. only he then runs around the yard yelping because the dangling turd *scares him to death*

he also eats paper towels and napkins which come out as perfectly turd shaped paper towels and napkins. wrappers of any type are a favorite too

he has eaten two pounds of burnt bacon and the aluminum foil I broiled it on.

he looked sooo sick after that. poor thing took two days to get it all out.

I have had to pull timothy hay out of his butt too. he eats it out of the rabbit cage occasionally.

the topper was one of those cheap low pile type rugs that is made from one l-o-n-g continuous strand of yarn. dh must've pulled 15 feet or so out of his butt on a walk one day. I know how dangerous this is as I used to vet tech. I was waiting for organs to pop out or something!

he's fine now and still eats weird stuff.
#83 of 86 Old 08-22-2008, 11:27 PM

This thread reminds me of how much I miss Shannon.
#84 of 86 Old 08-23-2008, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Dente View Post
This thread reminds me of how much I miss Shannon.
I didn't think of that until after I'd bumped it. It was such an awesome thread and I didn't want to start a new one just for Clorox wipes. I got too caught up in the excitement of pulling not-so-lemony-fresh wipes from my dog's butt.

Does anyone know how her family is doing?
#85 of 86 Old 08-23-2008, 01:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
A long strand of my hair.
#86 of 86 Old 08-23-2008, 02:48 PM

My hubby used to have to pull sticks from his dog's butt. She'd get excited and eat them and then whimper as they "exited," ahem. He'd have to help her get them out.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page