Mothering Forum banner

What I HATE HATE HATE about country living. X post

646 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  polka123 
#1 ·
We moved here about 7 A few days ago we had a third cat "disappear" Most likely became dinner for a coyote or bobcat.
The first to go was an indoor only kitty who darted out before we could stop him. He had done it a couple of times before. He was my 4 year olds pet, very affectionate, slept with him, ran to him when he cried. My 6 year old would carry him in the doll sling. He was only one year old, and we raise him from tiny kitten-hood.

Many tears were shed. Within a day, my 8 year old gray kitty ( who was always indoor/outdoor)that my DH and I adopted when we were dating was gone. She was so sweet and my special kitty.
Now a few days ago, my big orange tabby disappeared. He was so gentle, we have pics of him snuggling with all three of my kids as babies.He was a graduation present from hubby 7 years ago, and was his special pet.
We have one indoor only kitty left. We love cats, and I am sad that we may never get another cat because we just can't handle this. We have all been so sad and sickened over this. There is no closure, because they are just 'gone'.

Anyone else dealt with this? What can I do?? My kids and DH and I are devestated.

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't have any solutions for you, except to keep any other cats that you may get completely inside b/c of the area in which you live, but I just wanted to say how sorry I am! I can't imagine losing 3 of my babies in that amount of time. My thoughts are with your family.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.