We have a little tank with a filter, I am following the directions for the water purifier and food, and within less than a week--the first one of two died and the other one doesn't look so good.
My kids are devastated. Ugh.
I have never had luck with goldfish living very long.
The truest answer to violence is love. The truest answer to death is life. The only prevention for violence is for the heart to have no violence within it. We cannot prevent evil through any system devised by mankind. But we can grapple with evil and defeat it, but only with love—real love.
|if they dies within a week they may have had something when you bought them.|
When you put a fish into a tank that hasn't been cycled (had any fish in it prior) it will have to cycle. The water in there is pure, thus no bacteria. When the fish poops in the water or excess food decays it produces ammonia - toxic to the fish. Gradually bacteria build, breakdown the ammonia, and produce nitrites which are also toxic to fish. Different bacteria build up to breakdown the nitrites and produce nitrates. Nitrates are relatively harmless unless the build up past 40. Once they hit 40 you need to change a portion of the water to get rid of them, and introduce new nutrients in the water.
Please do your research before purchasing anymore fish or other animals you don't know much about
Originally Posted by lilyka
if they dies within a week they may have had something when you bought them.