Mothering Forum banner

Aggghh my cat is annoying my dog

641 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  livinzoo 
#1 ·
So one of my cats thinks it is a great idea to rub on the dog in the middle of the night.
: During the day he will wash her ears when she comes to him, but at night he growls. The growling wakes me up. One night I sat and listened hoping she would get the hint. "Dog growls, you leave it alone." No such luck, I waited over 10 minutes and she was still rubbing on him. So I chased her out of the room and ended up shutting the door.

I'm so glad that my dog is this tolerant (I am not that tolerant of her rubbing on me). She is spaied, I've had her for about 5 years and she had kittens when she decided my house was home. She was a friendly stray. I've made a policy, when the two female cats I have are gone I am not having any more. I'll stick with the boys.

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm sorry, I wish I knew how to help. Cats are so weird.

i have the opposite problem with mine, sort of. Toby, our male cat, will approach Blaze, our female dog, and rub a few times under her chin. Blaze of course will freeze in place with this "help me" look on her face. But she just can't help herself, she has to *sniff*..

As soon as Blaze shows any interest in the cat he will swat the crap outta her 3 or 4 times.
He's all "I love you-Don't touch me!"

It's funny, but it's not funny. Blaze would love it if the kitty would love on her all night minus the claws.

#3 ·
lol... maybe we need to trade kitties

or wait, I could just donate her to your dog.

She is a little much for me. I love my cats to come sit on or near me and allow me to be pet them. Rubbing on my legs drives me crazy
: Okay maybe that is my own quirk.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.