Dream Visitations from Deceased Pets - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 05-25-2007, 10:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Am I the only one who gets these sometimes?

Overnight, I apparently had dreams of two of my kitties who passed. In my first segment of my dream, I was showing my boy...traveling all accross the country and having fun with him. He was so beautiful in my dream, just as I remember him when he was in full coat. We were playing and I was petting him, he was such a happy kitty! Just filled with love and the feelings in my dream were all positive.

Then, later on in my dream, I went home and my himmy was there to greet me, she was acting so sweet! I was petting her, playing with her and giving her kisses. It's so funny, in my dream I acted completely not surprised to see her or anything. It was like "of course" you're here with me sort of feeling.

Anyhow, I'm sure I dreamt of them before....because I acted that way in my dream, but this was one of the first times I remembered it (my DS was waking me up a lot to night nurse and I kept on sort of waking up which is why I remember it).

Anyone else ever do this....do you think these are dream visitations like what we have with our family members who pass?

HUGS

Christy

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#2 of 12 Old 05-25-2007, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Hmmm...maybe since nobody has thoughts on this someone should move it to the spirituality forum?

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#3 of 12 Old 05-25-2007, 04:15 PM

Absolutely, my pets have visited me in dreams!

I believe in pet reincarnation - some of my pets have been my pets more than once, in different bodies. And once in a while, during a dream visit, a pet will indicate when/how they are going to come back into my life.

Ann-Marita. I deleted my usual signature due to, oh, wait, if I say why, that might give too much away. 

#4 of 12 Old 05-25-2007, 04:19 PM

My pets have definatly visited me in my dreams My cat Tigger that passed in 2001 visits me during the day sometimes.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#5 of 12 Old 05-25-2007, 09:15 PM

Yes, maybe her death is still too fresh, but they are all nightmares not happy dreams, maybe someday they will be happy.

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
#6 of 12 Old 05-25-2007, 10:22 PM

Yes!! I had a dream in Aug '05 of my Borzoi who died in '97. The dream was so real that I actually 'felt' him spiritually. I woke up crying and spent the next day feeling very affected by this. I later found out the the mother of our new Borzoi was breed on the night of that dream. So I think that my first Borzoi, Zach, was telling me that it was ok to go ahead and get another Borzoi, Zander. I actually have tears in my eyes as I am typing this.... it still has that much of an impact on me.

Kim, proud CPS mom to Marnie and my 4 legged kids, Jess, Zander, Oliver, Stumpy and Eddie.
#7 of 12 Old 05-26-2007, 11:37 AM

Yes. It was sad.

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#8 of 12 Old 05-26-2007, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I'm glad that I am not the only one. LOL. Yes, and I get what you are saying...I felt their energy as well, and it was so REAL! I actually didn't feel like I missed them so much at the end, but rather that they are doing *great* and that they still love me (as I do them) and that they are being taken care of and are perfectly happy and healthy.

I did however, have some dreams of Nicky. I did feel sad afterwards because I still miss him...it's a little fresh though, he and I had that special relationship. Unlike any other, it felt like he was "made for me" so to speak.

Anyhow, I was so devistated after he passed, the next night though I had a dream and he was jumping and playing. He jumped into my arms and loved me like he was so young and healthy again. It was such a wonderful dream. So, I felt better, I felt like he was sending me a message...that he was fine, and healthy again, and that he loved me so much, as much as I loved him!

Anyhow, I am very spiritual about things, and I see messages all the time which are meaningful to me.

When I learned about Heaven, initally I was hesitant...unsure, etc. But, I kept on getting these messages that things were just meant to be. So, I trusted. Honestly, I felt that her name...being "Heaven" was a message from Nicky that he was "setting me up" with a cat. I feel like he's up there, in Heaven and he picked her out for me. Sounds crazy huh...

Last night, DH woke me up (I had a headache and went to bed early), the door was closed and Heaven was meowing. She sounded just like Nicky....LOL. So much that I said "wow, she's meowing just like Nicky did" which, he meowed weird because she was genetically deaf so it has a characteristic weirdness to it as he never knew what he sounded like .

He said..."yep, she's got some definite Nicky-like tendencies there."

I do feel somehow like they are sent here to help us deal with life down here on earth .

I am known to have pre-cognitive dreams...I just do. Go figure. Not that often, but occasionally. Well, right before I got Heaven. I had a dream of her walking towards me...a beautiful blue cat with that same outgoing energy as Nicky. Then, about 6 or 7 steps behind her...a black male cat, with the same outgoing energy as well. So, I felt she was the one I was meant to get. And, I felt like another cat was meant to be coming my way after her!

It was around four months after that dream that Heaven's breeder offered me Heaven's brother...a black male. They're supposed to have the same personality type. I had figured for a while that I'd be a two kity household (though I wanted three LOL). But, in talking to DH he said he was OK with me having three. So, now I am waiting for her brother. After his cattery prefix his name is "Chance of a Lifetime" (aka Chance). So, now I am just waiting for my Chance . He should be ready later this summer.

Anyhow, there I go babbling...YEP, I had coffee this morning again! :

#9 of 12 Old 05-26-2007, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

I'm sorry for those who've had sad ones....maybe once you're ready and over the immediate emotions in losing your beloved pet they will come back and "greet you" positively.

After my father passed I had three dream visitations...all unique. My father and I had a "deal" that whoever passed with visit to let the person know. He did MULTIPLE things to let me know he was OK...(he also set off alarms, musical toys, buzzers and lights...he was an electrician go figure LOL).

My mother however, didn't have any. She wanted them so badly. I told her, that in talking to dad about it, that he said that he would come to her once she didn't "need it and wasn't depending on it" and that she needed to move past the circumstances of his death, grieve and make peace with everything first. That if he came to her in the state that she was in at that time, she wouldn't be able to move on. Hope what I am writing makes sense...I am typing so quickly, I'm caffenated : .

#10 of 12 Old 05-26-2007, 01:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCatLvrMom2A&X View Post
My cat Tigger that passed in 2001 visits me during the day sometimes.

Hey, I'd like to hear more about that sometime. Sometimes I *swear* I feel like that too. Though, it's never been as strong to me as when I've had one of my family members come to visit .

#11 of 12 Old 05-26-2007, 01:39 PM

Oh, and we feel that our cat who passed sent out next cat our way.

The one that died loved all of us, but had a special place in her heart for my oldest DD.

The cat DD picked (instantly, upon seeing her) absolutely adores my daughter (and not the rest of us!). She sleeps with her, hangs out with her, etc.. The new cat, even though a kitten, seems like a mama to my DD.

What is weird is that before we went to see the cats at Petsmart, my DD said she wanted a female kitten with patches over its eyes. Went to Petsmart and there she was . . .

2/02, 4/05, 2/07, 11/09, and EDD 12/25/11 wave.gif

#12 of 12 Old 05-26-2007, 05:36 PM

I have had quite a few dreams of pets that have passed. Most of them are with one particular dog that I was extremely close to. Georgia, my german shepherd who went everywhere with me. They are always those "seemed like it really happened" dreams. Sometimes I could swear I smelled her fur on my hands after I woke up. Afterwards I am left with a somber but happy feeling for the rest of the day.

"While Eeyore frets ...and Piglet hesitates...and Rabbit calculates...and Owl pontificates...Pooh just is."
taken from The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff

check out my children's room in the library:  Hampton Bays Public Library Children's Room  http://hbaychildroom.blogspot.com/ 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page