Puppy Pics *NEW* post #320-322 - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 531 Old 06-28-2008, 12:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I need more sleep. Seriously. Dh and I were talking last night about names.For some reason I found these hysterical at 2 am.

Moon Doggie (and the new Kitty would be Gidget)
Doogie Bowzer (ok, this one one I laughed at until I cried, I told you I need sleep)
Peter Barker

Dh thinks we should name him something super tough sounding since he's a runt. I'm pretty sure he's joking. I hope.
#362 of 531 Old 06-28-2008, 12:52 PM

Those are great! :
#363 of 531 Old 06-28-2008, 01:04 PM

My kids are laughing at me because I keep giggling at Doogie Bowzer. I just can't help it.
#364 of 531 Old 06-28-2008, 02:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think I found an alternative to flying.
I have been contacted by a horse shipper (who loves dogs) that is planning a trip that way in July to picup or drop off a horse and is interested in helping out : (Im still paying for gas/time) it seems an easier solution to flying.
Hopefully the horse pick-up is in Mcats area!

Oh, Mcat Ill be pming you the money for stickers and a crate. We'll need the crate anyway, and in case this doesn't work out we'll need the stickers- I just need to remember my paypal password. It wont send it to my e-mail or else my e-mail is blocking it. I need to clean the house and let it come to me

Decluttering 500/2010
#365 of 531 Old 06-28-2008, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

That is great Bunny I hope that it is near me as well. I will also need the $ to get her shots at 8 weeks as well you will need varification of those for heading back over the boarder according to the customs site I found.

Paypal is taking a % : depending on amount sent so if you could add about $2.00 to the total that should cover it. I hate to even ask that but things are even tighter right now than they had been before and I dont want to get caught short. I will refund any $ that isnt used I will send it via mail though to keep paypal from getting anouther cut. I wish I knew what the % was but I dont really know how to figure it

Maybe some of you math wizes could help me out here so that I can give the exact amount paypal is taking instead of a estimate. For $425.00 they charged me $16.88 and for $18.00 they charged me .82c so what % does that come to??

Doogie Bowzer in a way that actually suits the little guy

I met some pure blood 11week old doxies today and I couldnt believe the size difference : They were easily 3x's the size the guys I have. I cant imagine them growing to be that big is just 4 weeks time.

Puppies are now 43 days old, 6 weeks 1 day.

Last night I brought them in the house 1 at a time to see how they would react (and to tick mom off a bit ) and each one had a different reaction.

KnotHead refused to move at all and shivered he was obviously terrified and he didnt show any signs of thawing after a few minutes

HighBall was a tad scared but in less than a minute he was up sniffing cautiously around.

Wrinkles was also a bit scared but he got up in less than a minute as well but didnt venture far from my feet.

Finn reacted much the same as Wrinkles.

Blaze and Pinky were sleeping so I didnt take them in I will next time. so fun to yank mom's chain on occasion.

Brother takes Gizmo in almost everyday since she is the one he is keeping so she will run around without even thinking about it.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#366 of 531 Old 06-28-2008, 07:39 PM

Paypal charges 3% + 30 cents.

So grab a calculator, do this (where Y is the amount that the person is sending you):

Y times .03 = M

Then do:

Y plus M

plus .30

That should give you the total to send. Unless this migraine is really messing up my brain which is possible.
#367 of 531 Old 06-28-2008, 07:42 PM

Or you can just go to this paypal fee calculating tool and not bother with figuring it out. I almost forgot about that

Told you my migraine is scrambling my brain!
#368 of 531 Old 06-28-2008, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

I looked all over paypal for something about the % charge and didnt find it : Thank you so much Seven.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#369 of 531 Old 06-28-2008, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Bunny I am PMing you with how much extra to put

#370 of 531 Old 06-29-2008, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

Run down of who is going were:

Wrinkles = Maeve

Finn = mommyswenn

Pinky = BunnySlippers

Highball = thekimballs

Blaze = brothers boss : (please pray his wife says no. I am trying so hard to get brother to change his mind but he is adament that if Boss wants one he gets one and my hands are tied. He actually has a choice between either HighBall or Blaze)

KnotHead = Me or thekimballs

#371 of 531 Old 06-29-2008, 04:22 PM

Oh no.
#372 of 531 Old 06-29-2008, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

He told his boss he could have one when Jill was still pg so I cant play the "but I already promised him to...." card I do not want any puppy to go to this guy I do not think it will be cared for as it should especially with what brother told me about the cat. But he did say boss was a dog man not cat and I do know tht might make a difference in the quality of life.

This really sucks big time. Even if I had a home for them (which I actually do) brother insists he would just give him Gizmo, the one he is keeping, so he could have one so I am stuck :

#373 of 531 Old 06-29-2008, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

maeve did your dh get a chance to sit down with a map yet??

#374 of 531 Old 06-29-2008, 04:50 PM

He's going to now (he just got home). He's gotten home so late the last few nights and he's been so tired. But he said he'll look asap so that we can get it figured out.
#375 of 531 Old 06-29-2008, 05:50 PM

Is there anything that would convince your brother? If we "bought" Blaze or Gizmo? Or would he be convinced by knowing where the dog is going? I can go take pics of the agility training facility where the puppy would be going, or anything like that.
#376 of 531 Old 06-29-2008, 06:26 PM

Does he feel obligated to give him one because it's his boss? Could he just lie to him that all the pup were given away (which wouldn't exactly be a lie if the pup did go to a new home).
#377 of 531 Old 06-29-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeve View Post
Does he feel obligated to give him one because it's his boss? Could he just lie to him that all the pup were given away (which wouldn't exactly be a lie if the pup did go to a new home).
That's what I was thinking -- your brother could tell his boss that you gave away/sold all the dogs w/o realizing that his boss wanted one...

#378 of 531 Old 06-29-2008, 06:57 PM

MCat, I just caught up on this thread (it had been a few weeks) and I just want to join the other pet lovers who are telling you what a fabulous thing you're doing. Thank you!

:
#379 of 531 Old 06-29-2008, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

He feels that since he told his boss he could have one before she had them that he cant go back on his word. I just text message boss with pics of highball and blaze and attached to it that they were tall and dont look like dachshunds. He wants one that barks and will make a good alert dog. I told him both were timid and I never heard much barking

He does have 2 small boys who would probably love to have a puppy. I just wish I knew for sure that he would care for it like it needs to be cared for *sigh* nothing much else I can do. Brother is determined to give him one and I cant sway him

I am praying that brother just told me that boss was that way about animals because he knows it bothers me (sibling stuff) and he really isnt the ogre that brother made him sound like.

#380 of 531 Old 06-29-2008, 07:33 PM

Praying hard...
#381 of 531 Old 06-29-2008, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

He messaged me back. To my surprise he mentioned keeping him in the house :drop: so I am thinking brother may have been just crapping me on how bad he was.

He did say though that he indeed did want Blaze when he was ready to go so unless something happens it looks like a done deal.

I feel like a failure that I couldnt change brothers mind or bosses I know I did everything I could but it wasnt enough.

There is still time for him to change his mind because I have no intention of letting him go before 8weeks.

I actually thought about him "disappearing" but then brother would give him Gizmo for sure and I wouldnt have saved anyone of them

#382 of 531 Old 06-29-2008, 07:57 PM

Hon, you are doing everything you can. You are doing a fantastic job at getting these pups good homes and it's quite possible he will take care of Blaze. (((hugs)))
#383 of 531 Old 06-30-2008, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Bunny I sent you a PM back a minute ago. Please get back to me ASAP

Here are pics of Gizmo and Pinky watching tv I should have taken one of my mom running in every 2 seconds making sure no one had pooed in her floors : she makes it so easy to pick at her.

Gizmo and Brother

Pinky and my DD

#384 of 531 Old 06-30-2008, 10:15 PM

Awww, what adorable pics!
#385 of 531 Old 06-30-2008, 11:02 PM - Thread Starter

The ones that are getting puppies could you PM me with your email addy please, I have mommyswenns but I dont think I have anyone elses. If MDC were to go down, a very real possibility here lately : we wouldnt be able to communicate at all.

Maeve I am really looking forward to meeting you : only a few short days :

#386 of 531 Old 07-01-2008, 02:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Looks like the the horse shipper isnt making the trip Nor can I drive at this point. Flying it is

Decluttering 500/2010
#387 of 531 Old 07-01-2008, 02:26 PM

I can't believe just 2 more days and pup is coming home with us! Hopefully we'll decide on a name once we see him.
#388 of 531 Old 07-01-2008, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Sorry driving isnt going to work out Bunny.

I am counting down the hours maeve. Wrinkles will have a nice bath tomarrow and be all fixed up for you (though he will probably end up stepping in poo on the ride home )

#389 of 531 Old 07-01-2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeve View Post
I can't believe just 2 more days and pup is coming home with us! Hopefully we'll decide on a name once we see him.
I'm so jealous! We have to wait another week and a bit!
#390 of 531 Old 07-01-2008, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

I was going to PM but this way is a bit easier

When I transfer the money out of paypal it takes up to 4 days to go into my checking account so keep that in mind when the time comes to send the money for the flight. I would hate to have to postpone the flight due to the money not making it in time.

Puppies are doing great very healthy. Learing to come a little better as long as nothing more interesting is going on

Jill is thoroughly sick of them though and dosnt want much to do with them. She will rarly go in and nurse them any more.

I will take some more pictures tomarrow when I go down. Hopefully I can get some video of them as well.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page