A neighbour's dog BIT my dog! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 07-09-2008, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm SO MAD! I was taking my dog (12yo mix, mostly border collie & cocker) for a walk around the block, when a neighbor's dog basically attacked Brownie!

It's a small terrier of some sort, probably jack russell, and the poor thing is very poorly taken care of, so I can't really blame the dog too much...
But I am FURIOUS at the owner! The dog was outside, on a chain, but the chain wasn't connected to anything! I've seen the dog chained out front several times before... without shade OR water! : And they have a fenced back yard too!

ARG... This is mostly just a vent, but now I'm wondering what I should do! I saw the dog lunge and snap at Brownie, but didn't realize it actually BIT him until this morning when I touched the dried blood and Brow yelped a little. It's not a big bite and Brownie just got a rabies vax (I only got it so he could be groomed... I'm really anti-vax, but I'm rather grateful now ), so I'm not really worried about the bit itself, but I don't feel like I can just let it go KWIM? I'm leaning towards going over there and telling the owners what happened, but that might not go over too well, and I don't really know what to say...
"Hey, just though I'd let you know your dog bit my dog yesterday. Probably because you are such bad owners... not socializing him, and leaving him chained outside without water or shade all the time. Don't let it happen again ok?"

On a side note, it's a REALLY good thing my dog totally ignores small dogs... if he didn't the neighbor's dog would probably be a MESS right now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 07-09-2008, 11:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think you need to go over & say something. If they are not aware they cannot do anything to prevent it happening again. Then if you have problems with the dog again you can report them without any feelings of guilt.

Hope your dog is ok.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#3 of 3 Old 07-10-2008, 03:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, I'm gonna go over tomorrow... : Wish me luck!

Luckily Brownie seems fine... it was a really small bite, just enough to draw blood. :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page