Mothering Forum banner

Please Send Healing Vibes!!

468 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  William's Mom 
#1 ·
The lady we bought Zander from became a very close friend. We met a year before his litter was born and kept in touch sporadically. But since the puppies were born and we brought Zander home, we keep in touch and visit often. She kept two of the puppies also. So when the pups were born, she had five adult Borzois also, including the mother of the pups. Anyway, she has had a tough year and has had to have two of her dogs put down and she put almost $20,000 into another one who is, for the time being, doing ok. She put another one down today who was old, 12, and has not been doing well, not eating, not able to get around. She is a single person who has only her dogs, she works and has a good job but her dogs are her life. She is where I will be in another 10 years! She told me tonight that her life and her home is so empty.
Please send healing vibes to her.... she is a wonderful, special person. TIA.

Here is her website if anyone is interested....

http://www.karanoffborzoi.com/karanoffborzoi.htm

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm sure it was super tough to deal with everything...having to put a few special animals down can wear on you so much. And, to put a lot of money into them and have them die besides your greatest efforts. I think of us have been there.

There are a lot of cat people I've met who are single people who because of their dedication to their hobby who really never socialized in a balanced way outside of the fancy. I was friends with two of them, after many years one of them decided to get out of the fancy. She found herself sort of recreating herself in her mid-40s. Some of the people I've met never had any children, and don't have much outside of their hobby. That would be depressing, especially when things go south.

Sending her some prayers and comforting vibes in her hard times.

#3 ·
That is really sad. For some reason, I could also see myself in the same position. Thanks for sharing the webisite.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.