ADD Support Thread II - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-15-2009, 05:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We'll be thinking of you.... Smile, relax, enjoy yourself.... hopefully they will put you at ease, too(-; Remember almost everyone is more concerned about you then your house/meal/whatever and the others are probably not worth worrying about.
Enjoy!
Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2009, 09:27 AM

yikes Heidi! I know this is late but i hope it went ok. I can't imagine leaving my 18mo with someone they had never met overnight! Jeez! And i always think that everyone else's house is never as messy as mine...

Genie, mama to T (4/02), I (10/04) and T (7/09)

Old 05-16-2009, 03:50 PM

Thanks guys!

It actually went OK. They (N's parents- my bro & SIL) put him down before they left my house, but it took him a long time to fall asleep. He didn't get upset, and mainly just talked to himself. I asked SIL if she'd told him what to expect tomorrow(today) and she laughed and said, 'oh, no, he wouldn't have a clue, I mean, intellectually, he's just not there!' Not there? ummmm, ds1 definately would have understood at that age, and n's no slouch in the brains dept.! :

He woke up crying, just sobbing, plainly terrified, and only would be comforted by my wonderful DH!!! DH said he told him, 'Mommy and Daddy went away!' DH worked with him on and off for about 2 hours, and finally got him to sleep. We didn't get much sleep, but it wasn't hell either.

we're having a good day and all three boys are asleep!!!!! :

They loved my dinner, btw!

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
Old 05-16-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidirk View Post
ohhh, I like frustrated perfectionist. I like things a certain way, but it's impossible IRL, so I give up!

re Flylady- good heavens, the last thing I need is frequent emails reminding me how incompetent I am at everyday life!

I agree with Alyse, lets make our own versio. (n)
That is exactly why Flylady bugs me!
Did I say I was a frustrated perfectionist? When my nana said that, I realized a lot of things about myself!

We ought to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessjgh1 View Post
What I had done was I used Outlook and set reminders and tasks. I'd then set things up so AFTER I dismissed them they would repeat in an appropriate interval. I set up a list of all the things I wanted to 'do'. I think I took many from fly lady that I liked (I think she had monthly reminders for breast self exam, for example), decluttering, etc. I also went through some other sites and picked up some others that I didn't think she had. I have a certain number of rooms and tried to do areas so I could have a nice house over a week. I had this all set up in Outlook (as I mentioned) but I also had started a chart, probably like something on Flylady or MM (I had used something free on the website)

you could remind yourself to kegal, to do yoga, to be positive more often,

The problem is that I don't work like this, and can't with a baby. And I've always done projects by immersing myself in them... I might get inspired and clean out an entire room, closet, desk, dust etc and stay up till 2 am doing it. Or clean the whole house in a 4 hour spurt (that was when we had a townhouse, so it was smaller)....

My dh does not help in this area, although, that was one thing I started to explain to him before I had the idea I might have ADD. He agrees that this is difficult for me, but since he won't watch the kids for that amount of time, I don't have any help. And I'm a little burned out because on top of it, he doesn't really support me taking time out for me. He does, in theory, but it is just so draining to make it happen, sometimes it doesn't. So the things -I- want to do cut into my sleep or 'extra' time and I have a hard time making time for things (not to mention being disorganized as it it).
ugh the no-help.

I love to do a huge project at once. but i end up with it half done usually. Sigh. I need to work on quitting at good stopping points.

Quote:
Well, I'd been doing a good job of keeping my table cleared off, although my sideboeard was about to collapse from the weight of the mail, etc. cluttering it.

I seem to spend a lot of time moving piles from oneplace to another...

I have tons of beads in the attic that I have no time to use. WhenI have a girl, I'm gonna have a blast prettying up all the boy clothes her brothers will hand down!
Yay for keeping table clear! I need to make some way of dealing with mail.

Heh, shuffling piles. Sigh. BTDT.

Oooooh beads! speakin' of which, I got my necklace done and also bookmarks for my daddy and FIL. I am quite pleased! Now to make Elisabeth's 'big sister' necklace with charm for a gift from baby--b/c who knows if I'll get her matching sling made. Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeisnotapirate View Post
Hey, all! I finally have a garden bed at the new house! :
Ooh, Heidi, we need to trade off and help each other declutter. It's been amazing for me to declutter my house, and it helps keep me from shuffling piles.
Fun both garden and a friend to help declutter!

Quote:
my SIL has me completely intimidated (not her fault) because she's thin, polished, beautiful (well I'm beautiful, but still), and seems like she has it all together. I'm sure her house has its moments, but I'm equally sure it has never looked like a flea market!
heh, I remember one of my RA's being totally astounded that I was a messie. She had thought before that I had it together, apparently.
so, don't assume!

I hit 5-6 yardsales and got some (more) puzzles for E and some cute tops for me.
Packed a box of my favourite books (which the shelf had, uh, collapsed on DH and nearly squashed E )
Sorted more books and posted a bunch on PaperBackSwap! :
Doing a load of laundry (w/DH's help--he stripped E's bed one the floor)
He's making pizza for supper.

I want to get my clothes all put away and suitcases unpacked.
Stuff off bedroom floor
Then on to middle bedroom

I have 2-3 weeks left! I am so excited! Gah, need to call my MW--I keep forgetting.

Quote:
I asked SIL if she'd told him what to expect tomorrow(today) and she laughed and said, 'oh, no, he wouldn't have a clue, I mean, intellectually, he's just not there!' Not there? ummmm, ds1 definately would have understood at that age, and n's no slouch in the brains dept.! :
What! Um, good grief, kids understand so much even if they can't respond! head

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
Old 05-19-2009, 12:11 PM

Where is everyone? Am I here all alone?

Well, I'm babysitting for a friend and having them to supper, late aftenoon appt.
So I need to clean the table off totally--done with all my beading--made DD a cute big Sister necklace.

Table
Kitchen
Pick up Living room
Hang laundry

Later
middle bedroom
our bedroom
more laundry

Old 05-19-2009, 01:36 PM

I'm here, haven't been in a posting mood lately. Dh asked me to make a list of all the things we need to do/get before the baby's born. : I love making lists, lol. I haven't frozen a single meal yet and we only have 8-10 weeks! Yikes!

Heidi, glad it went ok.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:48 PM

No, you're not alone, the rest of us are just distracted!

so far today I have:

sorted boys' clothes, and am running the washer now
read three or four books to Hen
stacked blocks repeatedly for Milo to knock down
put away said blocks and gotten new ones out
got Milo down for a nap
made Hen a snack

My goals for today are:

make as big a dent in the laundry as humanly possible because I of course got none done over the weekend!

cook a huge ham shoulder for dinner and for a casserole for fellowship meal tomorrow.

glue the ears back on two Easterbunny figures, and the wheels back on Hen's wagon

Also our income tax refund came finally, and I will be ordering some things we need for babies/nursing/etc.

we are going to get a new microwave, b/c ours is seriously in the danger zone. Buying appliances somehow makes me feel rich!

Alyse, I said frustrated perfectionist, it was one of he labels my ever helpful mother branded me with, along with Melancholy, space cadet, absent-minded professor, you'd-lose-your-head-if-it-wasn't-firmly-attached. . . the list continues.

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
Old 05-19-2009, 02:11 PM

Aggck! I lost my post! I'll redo it later- right now I need to hunt down my roasting pan or that ham will never get cooked!

:

Niemals Gewalt
Old 05-19-2009, 03:07 PM

Hmm, there's two posts by you up.

I keep floating and not getting one thing done.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:27 PM

Ahem- here we go.

Mamabohl- do you like to cook? Filling the freezer can be fun if you enjoy cooking, which I do! I hope you get everything crossed off yopur to do list!

alyse- as far as the huge project thing, here's what I decided to do. I'm gonna make a long term to do list of big projects. Then, ewach week I'll pick one, and any undesignated time I have I will know how to spend! Thereby eliminating the wandering lost through the house wondering how to be productive!
We'll see if that works.

I think we kind of have created our own 'flylady' but in reverse. I mean where else can we post that we have managed to actually FOLD and put away the three loads of laundry we washed, and have people applaud us?

So, I found the bottom of my roast pan, but not the top. Easily fixed however with foil. Pork shoulder roast came out wonderful, and so did my spinach casserole. I also did 4 loads of laundry- I think. It's folded but not put away yet.

I feel pretty good about what I accomplished today.

Niemals Gewalt
Old 05-19-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:

I think we kind of have created our own 'flylady' but in reverse. I mean where else can we post that we have managed to actually FOLD and put away the three loads of laundry we washed, and have people applaud us?

Wow, you should!

And that reminded me, I saw a link to a website that might be a 'flylady' created for ADHD/by ADHD coaches in the book and wrote it down.

I'll post it when I can find the piece of paper. Yah, know exactly where it is and everything, but can't do it now. DD is pretty sick and will probably sleep for about 4 minutes before waking up, and I have to put an order through before I become her snuggle blanket. We're in for a long night... but hopefully she will wake up well tomorrow.

Jessica

Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
Old 05-21-2009, 12:45 AM

Quote:
alyse- as far as the huge project thing, here's what I decided to do. I'm gonna make a long term to do list of big projects. Then, ewach week I'll pick one, and any undesignated time I have I will know how to spend! Thereby eliminating the wandering lost through the house wondering how to be productive!
We'll see if that works.

Yay! yeah, we have! hey, what a fantastic idea for projects!

I had a good day running errands w/MIL.
Tomorrow Pookel is coming over to help me finish getting spare room ready. :
Bolded is stuff I need to do.

I got a pile of boxes from July sorted and moved out of living room yesterday.
LR looks good, table is cleared, just a few hotspots left.

Oohohoh, got my kitchen counter on either side of the stove cleared!
One load of laundry left
Stuff in hall from bedroom to move
got laundry room/pantry organized
need to put clothes away in our room.
Found tub of newborn clothes and diapers.
must make casserole and soup to freeze for labour(gonna freeze in jar to put in crockpot when labour starts). hopefully chicken hasn't gone bad yet--sigh. Thawed it Sat or Sun?

So if you see me online, yell at me!

Old 05-21-2009, 01:32 PM

so far today:
Laundry run
chicken cut up and frying

I should cut up rest of chicken and refreeze, I think, don't have an aluminum casserole dish I can toss in freezer.

Done:
Fold laundry on drying rack
Wet laundry hung
soup made (and lunch)
yardsale stuff finally out of kitchen

To do:
middle bedroom
hotspots
counter under microwave
phone/end table
microwave/spice cart
decorative shelf ( I have my teapots on it, and napkins and. . . it just looks cluttered. I'm gonna pack up a bunch of stuff and then I'm not sure. maybe set a basket for DH's mail to sort and a "papers to file' basket for me? I kinda want to ditch it. it's a decent corner shelf, but hard to get to where we have it currently, but if the table is shrunk for four instead of 6. . .sigh. Decisions, decisions, decisions. hmm, I wonder if we used the bottom shelf for shoes, at least E's little box of shoes, she dragged a random box out, and I had her put her shoes in it, pretty helpful.

She's been whiny and driving me crazy. and saying "I want my daddy."

ETA: It was great while Pookel was here, but now E is whining like mad, and I can definitely understand wanting to put a baby in a crib and close the door. I'm gonna go nuts. Her voice makes my eardrums hurt.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:42 PM

Maggirayne- : I have had days exctly like that. Ugggh, and it's got to the poiint I'm afraid to buy chicken anymore, because I know if I freeze it and thaw it, I'll never cook it and it'll go bad!

. . . ask me if I ever made that list?!

jess- how's your DD? feeling any better?

Smeee-
where are you? How are you? Has your new old house fallen down around your ears? (we miss you!)

So- I used some of the pork to make a casserole for fellowship meal, beacus eI wasn't up to making another spinach pie- that and I'd already eaten so much of it, I didn't want to think about spincach for at least a week. :

I am thinking faster thanI can type, so please forgive, I'm trying to decide which covers to buy for ds2- we're having nightitme leaks out the wazzoo, and I cannot keep changing him in the midle of the night!

I've had a busy last few days, and The house is getting kinda cluttered, because while my fam was hwere over the weekend, I got no laundry done.

So here's my list for now-

Get laundry piles down a bit.

keep making dinners

keep tidying up

order/shop for things we were waiting to buy until te income tax refund acme. (at least that's fun! )

work on clutter spots.

try to make that long term project list.

take a wild guess which parts of that list I'm actually making progress on!

Niemals Gewalt
Old 05-21-2009, 06:50 PM

Alyse keeps bugging me to post here and I keep not getting around to it. So much for being better with the ADD stuff. So anyway ...

I started with the Adderall XR 15 mg and found it made me jittery and anxious. It helped *some* but if anything else triggered my anxiety, it would get bad fast. Instead of lacking focus because of normal flightiness/distractibility, I would lose focus because I was freaking out internally. "OMG! I need to do laundry! Wait! Dishes first! Wait! Sweep floor first! Oh no, now dishes are half done! AAAAGH!"

So, anyway, I went back for my follow-up and talked to the psych nurse about all that, plus the high cost of the Adderall XR. She ended up putting me on the regular Adderall 10 mg, which costs a lot less and didn't seem to make me as jittery. It doesn't make sense, because the extended-release should be released more slowly, so theoretically should feel like a lower dose ... but it didn't work that way for me. She believed me on that, even though I thought it was really weird! So the 10 mg pills were better, and then I tried breaking them in half, since they're the regular tablets and not the XR capsules, and ... even better. I take two half-pills a day now, once first thing in the morning and one around 2 p.m.

The difference is amazing. Really. I have kept up with my dishes since Alyse cleaned my kitchen, which is what, two weeks ago? That's the first time in my life I've done that. My house isn't spotless and the BIG projects will still take time, but I'm finding myself just naturally keeping up with things. Change a diaper, fold the pants that are sitting next to the changing pad, put them in the drawer. Finish dinner, rinse plates, wipe off table. Etc. I'm still really busy, what with having two small kids, a full-time job, and a husband who owns a small business, but I don't feel overwhelmed the way I'm used to feeling. I've been listing books on eBay, after several years of buying them at booksales planning to resell for profit and just never getting around to putting many of them up. I've decluttered my personal books, too; I got rid of about 20 boxes just as a giveaway, and have a bunch more that I moved from "keep" to "ebay." Maybe later I'll post pictures.

Didn't get anything done at my house today since I was at Alyse's, but she's operating on a timeline and my own house can wait!

Now I'm at work, so I'd better stop procrastinating, but there's my update.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:03 PM

Pookel- are you nursing w/the adderall? If ou are, is it affecting the babe? I'd love to know! I'll rejoice with you for the success! :

Niemals Gewalt
Old 05-21-2009, 07:17 PM

I am nursing, but only a teeny, teeny bit ... Simon is 22 months (!) now and my supply went down a ton when I stopped pumping at work. He gets a couple of bottles of cow's milk at night now, and he nurses maybe once a day and mostly for comfort.

I checked the Hale's forums before I went on it, and it looks like it's a class C drug, which means there's a possible risk but not a definite one, I think. If I were nursing a newborn full-time, I'm not sure I'd risk it.
Old 05-22-2009, 01:18 AM

Wow, yeah, it was May 9 when I came over--awesome on the dishes!

Old 05-22-2009, 10:25 AM

wow Pookel that's awesome!

Heidi, I do enjoy cooking, but the freezer we had was leaking and we haven't gotten around to buying a new one yet so i have nowhere to put frozen meals. Plus I just feel like i spend my days trying to catch up and don't have time for extras. grr. I think we might buy the freezer today, dh has the day off and we're going to go get the car seat and register (aparently I am getting a baby shower...i really didn't expect one), so I might add the freezer onto that.

So Trevor broke his arm wednesday night. He seems to think it's kind of cool, and can't wait to have a real cast so all his friends can sign it. (right now he's in a splint)

I have got to catch up on the dishes today. They're about to take over. Other than running errands and sweeping that is my only goal.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:31 PM

mamabohl- I know how you feel about using all our time just to get caught up, I spent what feels like my wole weekgetting caught up on laundry! hope you have a good day! We're going to get a chest freezer soon, too, and I can hardly wait.

Niemals Gewalt
Old 05-24-2009, 03:48 PM

Oh mna, broken arm, no fun for you. My DH broke the end of his elbow off, the part that's pointy, and had to have surgery and pins the last day of first grade. He was in a cast and his mom had to unbend it and do therapy after he got the cast off. I hope it's just a straight break.

I got DD's sling that matches mine sewn yesterday, and most of my niece's B-day blanket--putting binding on. Am going to sew more fleece soakers and flannel wipes today. At MIL's playing with the sewing machine.

Did I say I got my birth soup made? I'm praying the other package of chicken miraculously dosn't go bad. I totally forgot it. I thought it would be wise to cut it up and refreeze it, since I was out of casserole dishes to put in freezer.

A link on MDC about Feeding your Freezer.

I've been having lots of Braxton-Hicks contractions, and some that have made me stop and breath. I didn't feel this many with Elisabeth, only a couple times, but the last few days. . . shew! DH keeps saying not while we're here at the ranch. He's off tomorrow. Hmm, maybe I should suggest we go home just after lunch so he can help me get the middle bedroom ready. My MW comes Tuesday. So it would be convenient. I packed my birth kit for here for just in case. And dug out baby girl clothes--awww!

I want to go ride four-wheeler out in the hills--DH is worried it will be too bumpy, and I'll go into labour, um, most likely only if I'm ready.

I've had 2 ppl ask if I'm counting the days. Uh, since I don't know when it will happen, no. Sigh. But DH has a friend say this am at church, "So you're going to be daddy again this week, or next the week after." It tickled me.

Altho' man, this kid keeps sticking his butt up between my ribs, and it hurts when I lie down. My MW commented that my ribs are long, come a long way down my torso.

Elisabeth said she wasn't Mommy's baby. And she came up with "Baby doesn't need Mommy." Uhh, wrong! So, we shall see.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:38 AM

Awww! Alyse, she'll want to be 'baby' again as soon as she sees you with the new tiny one. Curl up with her whenever you have the chance aftter the baby comes. Hen still says, "I woul' like to nuuuurrrrrse!' every once in a while. and sometimes he actually does- for about 2 seconds, but as soon as milk comes out, he stops!

When she says, 'baby doesn't need mommy' again, tell her, "well, Mommy still needs YOU!"

Niemals Gewalt
Old 05-26-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
When she says, 'baby doesn't need mommy' again, tell her, "well, Mommy still needs YOU!"
I know--I am really purposely enjoying these last few days where it's just the two of us. Which, she's gotten super-clingy and screams, "I need my DAAAAA-DEEEEEE!" Which is very convenient at times--like when I need to sleep, well so does he, but eh, he said something about it being tiring waking up X times a night and I said, "Yes, and you got to sleep thru the night until the last couple of months--that's 20 months more than I have."

I only have the middle bedroom as the big project that I must do before baby is here. I don't think he's coming this week. Stinker hasn't dropped AT ALL. I joked I feel like I have a third boob, he shoves his heiny up so high between my ribs.

I found some cool threads over in the Decluttering, etc. Forum.

Moving Soon Mamas tribe

10 Minute Speed Cleaning
Directions:
Here's the drill. Set a timer. Clean like crazy for ten minutes. Report back what you did.

If you want, keep a running log of your time at the bottom of your posts so you can see how much you've done.

You can count it all towards your total time for the week, cleaning, decluttering, chores like laundry. Let's get those numbers up and houses looking good!

What if we all did this last one? I wanna get on stuff and never get around to doing the timer, but I'm feeling like trying it today.

I'm sure I'll be surprised at what I get done in what time.

I'm going to tackle the table and then head to the bedroom.
I folded all the clothes on the drying rack last night after we got home and unpacked pretty much everything except for my suitcase. Of course, I started thinking I was having my MW appt today and needed to have the living room ready, but even after I called her, I got it picked up! :

Old 05-26-2009, 06:24 PM

The timer thing makes me nervous!

What I'e been doing that's been working pretty well, is this-

say I have to go upstairs to change a diaper, I take with me three things that belong upstairs, and put them away(or at least close to the spot) where they belong. Then I change the diaper, and gather three things that go downstairs, or a load of laundry, or do two small pick ups, like throw dh's soes under the bed befor eI go down.

same thing with the basement, if I go down to check to see ifthe diapers are dry, I take then next load down with me and do three things down there, like- wet wash in dryer, stain stick a shirt, clean the lint trap.

whenever I go to the kitchen to reheat my coffee, I wash a dish or put one away, or sewwp the floor.

It does work!

Awww, Alyse, BB will come when he/she's ready! I'm glad you're able to enjoy your time with E. I will always wish I had had more time with Hen before Milo came.

Niemals Gewalt
Old 05-26-2009, 08:53 PM

I grew up in a ranch, so everything was on one floor (well, we did have a basement, but it wasn't like I had to go to the basement every day)... It was a lot easier to keep things closer to 'where' they are supposed to be.
I think after I had kids and got even more forgetful I can tell that sometimes I get workout just climbing all the stairs. LOL

Jessica

Old 05-27-2009, 10:44 AM

yeah, I soo prefer single story to two story. Our house now has just the master bedroom and bathroom upstairs, everything else is downstairs. It's a bit easier than a regular two story house, but I would love to have no stairs again some day. I do something similar to you Heidi, we always have stuff piled on the stairs that needs to go up and then whenever I have a reason to go up there I bring as much as I can carry from the pile, then I always try to bring laundry or books back downstairs when I'm on my way down.

The arm isn't really a big deal. It bothered him a lot for a couple days but now it doesn't hurt and he can use his fingers, so he's pretty much fine. He's been in a splint since it happened, we're supposed to wait for them to call us to get an apointment to get the actual cast on.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:21 PM

Heh, me remember to get/carry/? I hardly remember what I'm doing walking down the hall!

Eh, I enjoy most days w/E. She's been wailing for Daddy, or that her blanket is off, for an hour. And explaining he'll be home later is no good. I'm done and it's barely 9 am. I wish I'd hopped up when I woke up and started on doing stuff. Sigh. I did get up at 7. Too sunny to sleep anymore.

Well, going to wash bedding today and to some more work in middle bedroom. consolidated some books in a box, and found more yardsale stuff, which can go to the garage/car.

I straightened the counters a little already, and yesterday emptied the dish drainer, which some things just kinda live there--lol!

And I'm going to start some alfalfa sprouts.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:57 PM

Hey all. . .

My mom and dad are here for thenext few days. I'vemissed them , so it's good to have them around.

very tired today.

YOu preggo ladies take good care of yourselves and your babes!

Niemals Gewalt
Old 05-28-2009, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Wow, it's been a while.

Pookel, congratulations for finding a medication that helps! That's wonderful!

Good health to the pregnant moms. :

Someone moved my effing cheese.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:17 PM

Oh fun, Heidi!

I've stayed on the laundry. I can't sleep pat 7:30 these days, but I do have lots of morning energy and have been throwing laundry and doing 'little' maintenance things, so I feel like I'm getting lots done.

Thank you for the wishes! It's crazy--June has been so far away and now it's here!

User Tag List