ADD Support Thread II - Page 17 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#481 of 602 Old 07-21-2009, 11:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

if you need a distraction- you know where to go!

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#482 of 602 Old 07-21-2009, 11:49 PM

s
Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#483 of 602 Old 07-22-2009, 07:32 AM

Genie, mama to T (4/02), I (10/04) and T (7/09)

#484 of 602 Old 07-22-2009, 10:31 PM

Hey mamabohl, what's going on with your little one?

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
#485 of 602 Old 07-22-2009, 11:03 PM

And what about YOURSMaggirayne?

seriously, Mamabohl- are you 'still' preggo?

anybody accomplishing great things lately?

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#486 of 602 Old 07-24-2009, 01:21 PM

Hi everyone!

how's everyone's week been?

Here's my list for this weekend...

GARDEN!!!!!
Vacuum
clean tub
clean kitchen floor

not too bad actually.

Niemals Gewalt
#487 of 602 Old 07-24-2009, 04:13 PM

Mine is growing like crazy, no WBV, so no idea what her weight is, I've got OAL, which she doesn't like. E has done great adjusting. She is nursing also, not usually at the same time, too stressful.

I got a dryer, so my pfs aren't like cardboard.

I should be doing stuff, but mostly nakking and sakking (snuggling at keyboard).

I joined in a swap on GCM and need to get stuff sent (and made :--I'm making a necklace, which is really fun!), and books for PBS. Laundry is up to date, dishes, pretty good, I actually got the dw loaded and run this week, DH does that all the time--poor man! Hmm, I should maybe think about something for supper.

Tomorrow morning, I am planning on pricing yardsale stuff with Pookel. Whee!

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
#488 of 602 Old 07-24-2009, 04:31 PM

LOL, I'm still pregnant! 41 weeks 2 days now. If I'm still pregnant come monday the midwife will strip my membranes I think...then if that doesn't work we'll have to go get a non-stress test by 42 weeks (wednesday) in order for me to still be allowed to have a homebirth. I might have her break my water if we haven't had the baby by wednesday...but I'd really like to go into labor on my own...so hope I have a baby this weekend! oy.

I kinda feel in limbo. I haven't gotten much done, I'm really tired and my feet have been pretty swollen this week. For the most part though I feel pretty good for being as pregnant as I am. Getting lots of people checking on me as the days go by, lol. My Dad has called twice now, once the day after my due date and once yesterday. I'm slowly telling people about our switch to homebirth. We won't be telling MIL until after cuz I know she'll be all worried.

Glad your baby is growing well Maggirayne.

#489 of 602 Old 07-24-2009, 06:49 PM

maggirayne- sakking! love it!

I've decided to tell the next person who asks me how much Milo weighs now, "more than he did last time you asked" Especially the one mom at church who seems to think her son and mine are engaged in some sort of growing contest. She seems sure that at some point her boy is going to suddenly outstrip mine. And she's already started smacking his fingers.

(sorry mini rant over)

mamabohl- : here you go! I hope all goes well with the non stress test. are you all ready, house wise? (that'd be giving me absolute fits. )

Smee- how are you?

jess, and flminivanmama- how are you guys?

Class starts for me on the third. . . the day after my birthday. I need to read as much of my txtbook now as I possibly can.

Niemals Gewalt
#490 of 602 Old 07-24-2009, 08:28 PM

I'm ok - thanks for asking!

overwhelmed with the day to day as usual LOL

working on perfecting medication over the summer so the boys can go back to school on the right doses.

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

#491 of 602 Old 07-24-2009, 09:22 PM

yeah that's pretty much where I am too.

for those of you with kids who've been dx'd- how did you know they needed tested, and how long did you wait? I'm having feelings about Henry(ds1) maybe being like me.

Maybe I just need to go to bed. . . I'm really having a hard time settling right now- even when I sleep, I can't rest.

Niemals Gewalt
#492 of 602 Old 07-24-2009, 09:38 PM

i tried to pretend it was "normal boy stuff" for a reeeeaaaallllly long time.

I went to a workshop for teachers (I am a teacher) about ADD/ ADHD & the facilitator gave out a handout to describe the traits to teachers unfamiliar w/ it & I realized I couldn't deny it any longer... that was 2 years ago - so he was 7.

I have 2 other boys too - one is autistic w/ severe anxiety & mood swings and one is ADD (twin brother of the one with ADHD)... so life is lots of fun in my house

we got twin brother with ADD diagnosed right after twin brother with ADHD (the dr was like "and what about this one?" )

#493 of 602 Old 07-24-2009, 10:07 PM

I'd love to talk with you about your boys sometime- but not now. I am seriously a basket case, and I don't know if it's just stuff from my special head, or if circumstances actually warrant being a weepy mess.

Niemals Gewalt
#494 of 602 Old 07-25-2009, 10:27 AM

i'd be happy to talk - either by PM, here in this thread (I read all the time even if I don't always have the energy to respond), or we can start a new thread about our kiddos (maybe in special needs parenting?)...

#495 of 602 Old 07-26-2009, 02:14 PM

we were having a great night/day, and got the kids to bed early, got everyone showered/tubbed, and beds changed, etc. Our normal Saturday night routine.

Actual sleeping went horribly, but we got out the door to church early, and I even remembered to throw the casserole in the oven, so it was ready to go when we got to church.

I was feeling really great about it, everyone dressed, clean, have the casserole for fellowship meal, everyone got breakfast and the adults got their coffee, we're early, etc.
Except. . .
I was supposed to bake a loaf of bread for one of the families at church who won the food bank contest. :

I even reminded myself as I was setting the casserole together last night. Went clean out of my head immediately.

I'll try again next week. . .

Niemals Gewalt
#496 of 602 Old 07-27-2009, 12:45 AM - Thread Starter

Hey, gals. Labor vibes and lovely snuggle vibes to you M ladies.

Heidi, even if H is "like us," just remember that we're fully-functional adults (though with our quirks). ;hug

DH and DS and I spent the weekend in Camden at a music festival. I got scorched, but it was healing to just be able to BE with no expectations for a weekend. Saw two of my fav bands - They Might Be Giants and Guster, and just generally enjoyed things. Going to hate going back to work tomorrow, though. Oh well. I just hope I didn't forget anything major while I was out.

Feeling a bit more normal with every day that passes. I really just want to be pregnant again, though. I know it'll come in time. Thanks for the support.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#497 of 602 Old 07-27-2009, 01:07 AM

I'm ready to cry, I just wrote a whole long intro post and lost it.

Maybe I'll manage to retype it, but the outline version is

All these posts remind me of me
Been suggested in the past that I probably have ADD. Never called the number to set up appointment for testing.
Bright, but couldn't manage to finish college
Survive currently b/c of organized husband, automatic online bill payments, work in direct care field in my home, so nothing that I can procrastinate on.
Want to have ability to change careers/relocate, requires degree
Found great program, 6wk blocks, classes meet when DH can be home and online,
Still scared I can't get the work done
Have tried lorazapam for anxiety (like when a paper is due, but was always too late by the time I would take it and I would just pass out) and celexa for depression but it gave me a headache. Was maybe not really depressed, maybe ADD + feeling sucky at screwing up my life/not accomplishing what I wanted to.
Have done load of organizational classes, Flylady, yadayada. LOVE how they work for two days then I lose it.
Take CLO, multi, whole foods, etc. Not organized enough to cut out sugar, gluten, etc.
Ready to go back to Doctor, get real diagnosis (also test for thyroid? anything else?) and get myself able to function. Open to meds, especially if I can manage to take them for school and then go off during breaks and such.
Am BFing but LO is 26mo. Not ready to wean, but will figure that part out. [Maybe try strattera? and then if it doesn't work and I want to try a stimulant he will be weaned by then. Or old enough that I won't care about the little bit of transference? My main concern is that he is skinny. Healthy now, but can't afford to be loosing weight. I on the other hand have 50+ extra lbs, so wouldn't mind appetite suppression for myself. Will wait until I graduate to get pregnant again.]

So tomorrow is Monday. Wish me luck in managed to call Dr.
#498 of 602 Old 07-27-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeisnotapirate View Post
Feeling a bit more normal with every day that passes. I really just want to be pregnant again, though. I know it'll come in time. Thanks for the support.
I haven't been here much, but I was so sorry to hear about your loss. *hugs*
#499 of 602 Old 07-27-2009, 06:51 PM

Alice! Long time no see. Didn't expect you popping up on this thread. Have you called the doctor yet? I hope that you can find some answers that will help you.

I am taking 5 mg of Adderall twice a day these days and it's amazing how it helps me calm down and focus and get things done. I would suggest that if you look into the risks yourself and decide it's worth trying, just don't mention that you're bfing - they might have an automatic "no Adderall unless you wean!" policy that doesn't really make sense with an older child who's not getting large amounts of milk, yk?

I was still nursing Simon when I started on it, but only once or twice a day and for very small amounts. Still, I didn't notice any effects on him at all.

Good luck!
#500 of 602 Old 07-27-2009, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

Hey, Alice.

I have anxiety/ADD (it's apparently a very common combination in women) and was on Lexapro after DS was born. It helped with the anxiety, but didn't get rid of it - I realized that it was probably my ADD-ness that was causing my anxiety, not a hormone imbalance.

Since then, I've been trying to really pare down my life to the essentials, and I'm finding things more manageable. Not totally, because I AM ADD , but much more so than it ever has been.

With the food stuff, I totally get you. To change my eating habits, I've had to change the way I cook - the change was easy, but keeping it up is hard. I slip after about a week and need to get back into things. I try to frame each meal as a "better choice." Like, I'll look at a meal and maybe if I want carbs, I might choose a salad instead of a burrito. Same basic ingredients, a bit different. Or if I REALLY want a burrito, I'll eat a corn tortilla instead of a flour one. Just try to make BETTER choices instead of cutting out something. Like - I want sweet iced tea. Instead of drinking the tea with HFCS, I'll get one with real sugar. Still not great, but a better choice, and I feel pretty good because I'm still getting what I want - which is VERY important to me when it comes to food.

Oh, I wanted to ask everyone here - I'm having HUGE problems keeping up with meal planning. Does anyone want to head over to the meal planning board and start an ADD meal plan thread? Maybe see if collectively we're better at changing our diets and keeping each other accountable? Let me know.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#501 of 602 Old 07-27-2009, 10:13 PM

Hi Alice!

nice to meet you!

I know all about the anxiety thing. At 26 mos, I agree with Pookel, I'd try some meds, and see if they at least allow you to start school, and ecperience some success. (sorry about my spelling!) I'm going to start a class online next Monday : and he last cklass left me doubting my sanity. Welcome anyway- when I'm more coherent, I'll say more!

Hi Smee! I am so glad you got to go and anjoy a concert! We're thinking of yu every day. (DH Loooovvveeessss TMBG!)

I have been lurking on the Traditional Foods forum, and I noticed that a lot of the changes I have made in my diet over the last few years have been toward a TF way orf weating. (I AM sorry, I can arely type tinight) I also noticed that It provides a lot more omega threes and other efa's than than a normal american diet. So what I've been trying to do is this-

every meal needs a-
complete protein (or combined)
something frsh or raw
something cultured or fermented
and possibly a grain/legume (carb) to round things out.

I've been doing this with everyone, not just me, and each meal seems noticeably more satisfying. I got that out of one of this year's Mothering. . . installments (?) : oy.

anyway. . . as I am very

oh and : to Mamabohl!

Niemals Gewalt
#502 of 602 Old 07-29-2009, 09:01 AM

she's here!

Tessa Marie Bohl
Born at home into Daddy's hands on July 28, 2009 at 8:53 pm.
8 lb 10 oz, 22.5" long!!!

the midwife didn't quite make it on time!

#503 of 602 Old 07-29-2009, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mazel tov! :

Wow, Daddy must be so proud to have been the "midwife" at his own daughter's birth!

Enjoy your babymoon!

#504 of 602 Old 07-29-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeisnotapirate View Post
Mazel tov! :

Wow, Daddy must be so proud to have been the "midwife" at his own daughter's birth!

Enjoy your babymoon!
: :

#505 of 602 Old 07-29-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabohl View Post
she's here!

Tessa Marie Bohl
Born at home into Daddy's hands on July 28, 2009 at 8:53 pm.
8 lb 10 oz, 22.5" long!!!

the midwife didn't quite make it on time!

Congratulations!

Welcome Baby Tessa!

Niemals Gewalt
#506 of 602 Old 08-01-2009, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter

We can't be on the 3rd page!

Yes, I know, it's Shabbos and I shouldn't be on here. :

#507 of 602 Old 08-01-2009, 11:56 AM

I won;t tell if you don't! (you beat me to it!)

besides, I'll be online on Sunday when class starts so. . . :

How is everyone?

I am accomplishing amazing feats, mainly because DH was home more of this week than not. I have read three chapters of my textbook, and have two and 1/3 of my crochet projects completed. Whew! I need to get off the computer and finish the last one, as it's for a birthday party this afternoon, but my virtual classroom is open and I needed to check and see if my computer is working properly. It has caused me no end of frustration this week, and then I get so focused on that, that when I have to take a break to eat/pee/care for dc's, I get. . . cranky.

Anyway Hi! and off to do what needs done!

Maggirayne and Mamabohl, how are the babes?

Niemals Gewalt
#508 of 602 Old 08-02-2009, 11:41 PM

Hi everyone!

I got the gifts finished! : A drawstring purse, a ball, and a shawl. all done.

and I've made a good start on my class.

and husbandperson took me out to dinner today for my birthday!!!! He got nana and popop to come watch the boys.

sigh. . .it's been a good weekend.

Niemals Gewalt
#509 of 602 Old 08-03-2009, 10:44 AM - Thread Starter

So glad you're doing well, Heidi!

I'm pretty good over here. Baby's doing well, body's back to normal, and I just got a TONN of EWCM last night, which made me really hopeful that my cycle may be back to normal soon, because my temps are still all over the map - which is pretty depressing. And now, I think FertilityFriend is erasing temps and intercourse data, which makes me worry!! I've actually been good about charting, and I want my chart to be accurate!

#510 of 602 Old 08-03-2009, 03:47 PM

I'm glad you and your ds are doing well!
very glad you're feeling more normal! I had to laugh tho' about fertility friend erasing 'intercourse data' IDK, it just struck me funny! I kept a paper chart when ttc DS2.

How's everybody else?

Mamabohl, how's the babymoon?

Niemals Gewalt

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page