ADD Support Thread II - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 602 Old 03-16-2009, 10:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That place look cool! I love love love old houses.

Please pray for me, think of me tomorrow--I will be testifying about the breastfeeding bill at 3:30 pm CST. I'm working on my testimony now. So much for getting it done Saturday. Sigh.

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
#122 of 602 Old 03-17-2009, 08:00 AM

smee that does sound like an awesome homeschooler house!

Heidi, hope you get over your infection...no fun.

Good luck Maggie!

Genie, mama to T (4/02), I (10/04) and T (7/09)

#123 of 602 Old 03-17-2009, 08:06 AM

we got the toy room almost completely packed yesterday. We also boxed up tons of stuff to go to good will, it's in the van and ready. yay! I have a bunch of things to schedule and phone calls to make and I'm worried I'll forget something.

on another subject, ds2 had a meltdown yesterday over my colostrum. He was bawling and said he wished there was no baby cuz he wants to have booby but it tastes bad. I felt so aweful. He's been so excited about his baby sister but this whole pregnancy messing with my milk has been really hard for him. He's 4.5 but he's soooo not ready to wean. I just hope he can stick it out for another 4 months, then he'll be in heaven with all that milk, lol.

#124 of 602 Old 03-17-2009, 03:20 PM

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#125 of 602 Old 03-18-2009, 12:20 AM

Poor buddy. That's hard, and he's old enough to associate it with the baby?

Thankfully Elisabeth doesn't seem to mind.

Yay for sorting stuff and Goodwill!

Tomorrow I'll update about the BF hearing, or link to the thread I started about it all. Night!

#126 of 602 Old 03-19-2009, 08:32 AM

waiting to hear about the BF hearing....

Yeah, he connects it to the baby. When my milk first dried up he thought the baby was drinking it all, lol. I explained that it was my body, not the baby....but he seems to realize that if i wasn't pregnant my body wouldn't be doing any of this stuff. He nursed for a while this morning, so i think he might be deciding to tough it out.

I'll be offline until the 27th, we move in Saturday but our internet couldn't get hooked up until the 26th. : we're getting fios though! :

Talk to ya all after the move!

#127 of 602 Old 03-19-2009, 10:45 AM

good Luck, Mamabohl!

I'm dying for an update alyse! post us a link already!

well, I seem to be getting over this infection/plugged duct/whatever. I'm feeling better, less sore, and less fatigued. And I'm getting caught up on my schoolwork. : It's a dreary rainy day, tho' and DS1 has a fever. He's not miserable, but I think I'll actually try to measure it, which I usually don't. He's getting hotter and more snuggly.

how's everyone else?

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
#128 of 602 Old 03-19-2009, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Alyse! Where ya been???

Good luck, mamabohl, with the move!

Heidi, glad to see you're getting over your plugged duct.

DH and I are both home with a BAD case of the flu. I've had a fever for 4 days now. As of now, it's been gone since 11am, which is the longest stretch of non-fever/chills I've had since Monday. Called the doctor, who after saying "well, I TOLD you to get the flu shot" said that it's probably taking a while to clear my system because I'm nursing and using LOTS of energy for that. He told me I have to keep eating, but telling someone incredibly nauseous to keep eating is.......... not smart. : I was actually able to keep down two meals today, which brings my weekly food total to 4 meals. Bleh. And DH is sick now, which we all know means that I now have to take care of him while I'm sick - because I don't know about you ladies, but my DH is worse than the baby when he's sick.

Oh, and the baby's not sick. : We're nursing like crazy over here to prevent it.

I've also found a big spot of bruised tissue on my lower spine. Ouchies. It's making me feel like I'm 9mo pregnant again, and sitting, standing, or laying down just HURTS. My poor hips.

Ugh. Whine, whine, whine. I hate being sick.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#129 of 602 Old 03-19-2009, 03:52 PM

Oops, here is a link to the thread I'm updating:
http://mothering.com/discussions/sho....php?t=1043957

#130 of 602 Old 03-19-2009, 04:07 PM

Helpful dr. Grrrr.

I have been working like mad to email the members of the committee. One of the other people who testfied has a bill tracker who tells her when the bill will be discussed and voted on in committee. They don't plan it ahead. Sigh.

So listening to the live House session in case they announce it if the committees break away.

And being thoroughly exhausted from being crawled on, nursing, having a stuffy head/sore throat--it's seasonal/yeast related. : I did sleep straight from 11:30 to 4:15, that was lovely. Oh yeah, and tired of being pg, tho' not as much as everything else, but it makes it all harder.

I need to pack for the weekend and do laundry. I hate the Internet

#131 of 602 Old 03-19-2009, 04:08 PM

Oh, Sara, can you take garlic and Vit C? I've been tossing them back like crazy.
I hate how you ache all over when you're sick.

Heidi, I'm glad you're feeling better.

Thanks for asking, Genie, I hope you got to see it.

#132 of 602 Old 03-19-2009, 06:43 PM

I’m self-diagnosed, but I display so many characteristics, and have family history, so I think it is pretty much a given. I do best when I am multi-tasking and focused on more than one thing at a time. My college years were GREAT for me -- I was a full-time student working 4 jobs. There was plenty to focus on and my brain did great with it. One of my jobs was running my own in-home daycare center. I was really wonderful with that. It was a great channel for me to be creative and playful.

Big problems these days -- my short-term memory is horrible, I *cannot* retain really simple things very easily and I forget stuff all the time; I’m highly distractible; I’m extremely fidgety; I require lists to accomplish pretty much anything, *really* detailed lists at that.

Sticky notes are one of my best friends. They are big enough to handle the critical points of what I need to remember and small enough to be unobtrusive.

No interest in trying to obtain an official dx at this time and not wanting to do meds. I have found caffeine is a tremendous help to me, and I function really well when I have some regularly, but I’m concerned with the negatives of it also, especially beginning my TTC journey, so I have been about 85% avoidant of it for nearly 8 months now.

I’ll try to be back, but remembering to return to threads I’ve posted in is definitely a weak spot of mine.
#133 of 602 Old 03-19-2009, 06:50 PM

Welcome, Courtney! A lot of us are self-dx-ed.

At the very top of the thread is a place that says Thread Tools, click on that and Subscribe.

#134 of 602 Old 03-19-2009, 09:20 PM

I'm moving!!!! That's great for me because my mom and i are about to kill each other but it means I'm going to have to FOCUS and be organized and all those other things that do NOT come naturally. I'm also having trouble with my medication again, so I haven't taken it for 2 days. I probably will tonight, just to confirm my suspiciouns that the new higher dose is making ds more emotional, which drives us BOTH crazy.

Has anyone noticed that they felt sort of indifferent towards their kids whiel they were medicated? I mean, I'm able to care for him physically, but i'm not as engaged. When I'm off the meds, i'm super fun and engaged and I could just eat him up because he's so cute, but I live like a slob, can't prioritize, am alte for everything, etc. Anyone else have this battle?

Very blessed mama to one bouncin' boy bouncy.gif (12/07) one angel3.gif who didn't get to stay (6/09), one potty learning, mess making divaenergy.gif(4/10), and one cheerful milk monster. aabfwoman.gif (12/11) Happy partner to the love of my lifedp_malesling.GIF.  

#135 of 602 Old 03-20-2009, 07:33 AM

yay! congrats on moving out on your own! Are you going to be staying in the same area?

no experience with meds, sorry.

#136 of 602 Old 03-20-2009, 10:48 AM

No idea on the meds, but I feel more distant when I'm online and don't want to be interrupted.

Yay for moving! Do you have a place already?

I could.not.live with my mom. Just a few days visiting drives me nuts.

#137 of 602 Old 03-20-2009, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggirayne View Post
no idea on the meds, but i feel more distant when i'm online and don't want to be interrupted.
ita.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

#138 of 602 Old 03-20-2009, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggirayne View Post
No idea on the meds, but I feel more distant when I'm online and don't want to be interrupted.

Yay for moving! Do you have a place already?

I'm renting a room. She is starting to move into the realm of emotional abuse and for my own sanity i needed to leave. So even thought I'm "downsizing" in terms of nice neighbrohood, etc i will be SANE again. And that is all i really care about right now.

Very blessed mama to one bouncin' boy bouncy.gif (12/07) one angel3.gif who didn't get to stay (6/09), one potty learning, mess making divaenergy.gif(4/10), and one cheerful milk monster. aabfwoman.gif (12/11) Happy partner to the love of my lifedp_malesling.GIF.  

#139 of 602 Old 03-20-2009, 03:12 PM

waiting2bmommy- congrats on the move! I'd rather be a happy mommy with a dirty house, than a distant mommy with a spotless house!

smeisnotapirate-I'm sorry you're sick! ds1 is sick, too, a really bad fever, since yesterday morning.

ok, i'll out myself- what is 'ita'?

Niemals Gewalt
#140 of 602 Old 03-20-2009, 04:14 PM

ITA--I totally agree

It's okay, I thought IRL friends meant "I really like" for the longest time. But that didn't always make sense.

#141 of 602 Old 03-20-2009, 07:05 PM

Niemals Gewalt
#142 of 602 Old 03-20-2009, 07:18 PM

OK, I have to get this off my-erm. . . chest.
I have had enough of this mastitis thing! It's bad enough that I'm crazy and disorganised, but I have to have groty skin on top of that, and then I have to have some of said groty skin right over my nursies!

And now dS1 is quite sick.

This is why some days I just try not to think at all, b/c if I started listing evry single idiotic thing that I deal with I'd go insane. But really, isn't having ADD, and psoriasis enough? I have to also have wonky blood sugar and too much milk.

So at any one moment I'm likely to be:

*engorged
*itchy
*hungry
*confused

or any combination of the four. :

And, because of DS1 being sick, I am falling further behind in my classwork instead of getting caught up. And I have to bake three dozen muffins for the bake sale tomorrow morning.

Niemals Gewalt
#143 of 602 Old 03-20-2009, 09:44 PM

Awww, I'm sorry.

Are you working on hand-expressing a lot?

My cousin told me how to do really effectively, if you don't mind me telling you, if you know, pay no attention to the crazy yammering away.

Take 4 ibuprophen. Wait 20-30 mins for them to kick in. Fill a mixing bowl with hot hot watre, as hot as you possibly stand. Set it on a towel on a table, get a book or magazine, lean over and soak boob. Then press with heels of hands from chest wall together outward.

I never got any milk out in the shower or bath, but did this way.

Are you taking Lecithin and garlic and Vit C? Oil of Oregano is good for immune system. Golden seal is contradicted,I forget if pg or nursing, I think just pg.
HTH!

#144 of 602 Old 03-20-2009, 10:52 PM

Thanks maagirayne- I did get it to drain, using compression and the pump. And Milo, of course. Mostly it just takes too much time and energy to treat it specially, I mostly just take ibuprophen, poke root, and try to rest and nurse. I have psoriasis gowing over and in one of the outlets of m nipple. I think it gets inflamed on the inside, and swells shut. The Midwives called in a script for all purpose nipple ointment, which has helped with the pain at least. It's just that I barely have time to take care of my kids/house/huby/schoolwork/and still eat, and then add psoriasis, and Mastitis and there's no time for extensive treatments.

oh, and yes, I'm taking lecithin, but garlic gives Milo gas, and Vit C makes my psoriasis worse.

I just got off the phone with my sister, whom I really miss. I miss my mom. I miss my stupid cousin who left her husband and kid for an old boyfriend and ran away to Maine.

Sorry I'm such a : tonight.

Niemals Gewalt
#145 of 602 Old 03-22-2009, 10:06 AM

Aww. . .

I know, it just makes you ache when people do stupid stuff.

I'm praying for you!

#146 of 602 Old 03-24-2009, 02:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Maggirayne - I just started a thread in my DDC looking for other pregnant ADD mothers to interact with. I have found a couple. So, you are due in early June - how many weeks are you? I am 36 weeks, and I my first 2 babies were born at 41 & 42+ weeks.

My big pregnancy-related ADD issue right now is: my deadline/time-crunch anxiety was activated when I realized my due date is closing in & I wrote my to-do list - and I DON'T want this anxiety to invade the final weeks of my last pregnancy. I want to relax, enjoy - even savor these weeks.

Anyone - ideas??? I'm thinking I should put a positive spin on my tasks and try to turn them more into birth-prep rituals than work.

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#147 of 602 Old 03-24-2009, 04:07 PM

throw away the to -do list?
I panicked at about 36 weeks because I realized that my son was born at 36 (1/2) weeks and we had barely done a thing. Then I realized there was not much else our baby was going to need except a safe place to sleep and me.
I still went a bit crazy 'nesting' but it was in a good way, not anxious.

Happy birthing vibes to you!

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
#148 of 602 Old 03-24-2009, 04:22 PM

jessjgh1 - Thanks! Maybe I could scale the list down. I'll have to take care of the homebirth supplies and some cleaning, but I can probably find a lot of unneccessary extras in there ...

read.gif+dp_malesling.GIFreading.gifmoon.gifblahblah.gifjog.gif(All waterbirth.jpg. 3 @ homebirth.jpg30stork-suprise.gif*31*32*33*34*35*36*37*38*39*40?41*42?h20homebirth.gif 
#149 of 602 Old 03-24-2009, 05:01 PM

Hi Jenny,
Mamabohl is pg too!
Well, a month ago I was ona huge decluttering kick--which you'd hardly know it to look at this place now! But actually, I can tell, I know stuff is gone. So much is building maintenance habits. And who wants to start habits when you only feel like sitting on the couch?

But since I'm having a homebirth, I really want to get the whole apt. ready.

For me, breaking it up into little tasks really helps. And of course, if there's big projects I avoid, so sometimes it's easy to do other things.

Hmm, other ideas, focusing on one thing, instead of trying to do everything at once. Like clearing the table and putting stuff that goes elsewhere in one spot, and dishing that out when I'm done w/table instead of running down the hall every few minutes.
For me talking to someone while cleaning helps. And since our Internet doesn't work when you're on the phone line (weird wireless) it does help!
But no energy? Eh, no answer. I just give up. And today is pretty much one of those days.

#150 of 602 Old 03-24-2009, 05:19 PM

Energy-deficient here, too, I'm afraid. I have little bursts and I've been trying to use them. My daughters wanted a nap one afternoon over the weekend, and I was more than happy to join them.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page