What's the one issue you've had to defend the most about your parenting style? - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: Which aspect of your parenting did/do you have to defend yourself against the most?
Vaxing/Non Vaxing 65 16.84%
Breastfeeding 43 11.14%
Co-sleeping 77 19.95%
Food choices 35 9.07%
Number of children 18 4.66%
Education Choices 31 8.03%
Television/lack of television 13 3.37%
Choice of toys 6 1.55%
General lifestyle 34 8.81%
Other, please state. 64 16.58%
Voters: 386. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-04-2009, 04:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
With us it is that we still practice nudism, that's how I met my husband years ago

We are both nudists and for the most part our kids are too. My family has always found this distasteful and assumed we would stop with children in the house. I try to not discuss it with them, but a couple of times we have had announced visitors at the door and they had to wait while we (adults) got dressed, the kids stayed naked lol It was ackward.

Katherine, SAHM to 2 little princes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2009, 06:13 PM

For me would probably be not vaxxing. I get e-mails daily from my mom about this outbreak or that. Next would probably be delaying foods---I'm starving the poor girl, but she isn't handling solids foods well. Next would be extended breastfeeding. That is it for now...she's only 8 months old though! One thing I do get flack on for though, not listed, is my clothing addiction for her. I'll admit, I buy too much, but I do re-sell it all, so it doesn't go into a landfill... but I'm not about to give up my Gymboree or J&J. I'll give a lot up, I won't give that up. Oh and no CIO, my mom expected to me to put my 8 week old screaming baby in her crib and walk away...um, she's 8 months old and has never been left to CIO.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:24 PM

Being a SAHM.

Independent Consultant- Thirty One Gifts www.mythirtyone.com/ShopLiz

Origami Owl http://lizcioci.origamiowl.com

Old 05-05-2009, 01:36 PM

Not spanking/gentle discipline, hands down. & of course there is always an excuse for how I'm able to have a well-mannered, well-behaved three year old without having to hit him [ "he just hasn't hit that stage yet. just wait, you'll be spanking him soon enough" ].

& then of course once people find out we don't vax, that's starts a whole other controversy. But we are less vocal about DS' vax status unless personally asked.

brandi
Wife to Thomas (03/05) Mama to Tommy (04/06) & Emma (01/10)
Old 05-05-2009, 02:08 PM

Education choices. My MIL was fit to be tied when we told her we were enrolling our big guy into Montessori. She's a public school teacher and while she hasn't said anything along that vein, she has offered a billion and one reasons why she thought Montessori was a bad ideal. Her chief one being that he'll be bored when he gets into public school. I don't think she realizes that that argument pushed us further towards the Montessori. lol

Don't trust anyone under 5! Mom to 3 boys under 5. Blogging to save my sanity.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:09 PM

Breastfeeding, hands down! I nursed her for 5 years. Apparently that is a cardinal sin.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:11 PM

The whole vax issue.

Wife to DH(15 years)and Mama to: Jacob(5/02)kid.gifribbonpurple.gif, and Alina(7/07)energy.gifI luxlove.gifbellyhair.gif

User Tag List