Home Birth Books - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-19-2009, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have a source for books depicting home birth for toddlers/young children? I know that someone posted a book on where babies come from a while back, but I am looking for a book specific to home birth. If it helps, my DD will just be turning 3 when this baby is due.

Erin, mom to Amelia Rose:, 6/15/06 and Lily Grace, 6/7/09; wife to Phil since 10/9/04
#2 of 6 Old 03-19-2009, 05:32 PM

"Welcome with Love" by Jenni Overend and illustrated by Julie Vivas.
A little boy is waiting for the home birth of baby #4. He's been the youngest up until now and is a little nervous about the new baby. His aunt is there with him and so are his big sisters. The midwife comes and gets everything ready while mom goes for a walk. She comes back and the baby comes and everyone is excited and happy including the little boy. It's a simple, wonderful story! And the illustrations are incredible. Julie Vivas is one of my favorite children's book illustrators. It does show the baby being born while mom is on all fours and it shows the placenta. Don't know how detailed you want to get!
#3 of 6 Old 03-19-2009, 05:35 PM

:

A beautiful book, though with pg hormones raging I could never read it all the way through without weeping!

read.gifSarah ~ wild.gifds X 12/05 ~ flower.gifdd E 3/08 h20homebirth.gif  ~  stork-suprise.gif 7/12 dizzy.gif

#4 of 6 Old 03-20-2009, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

I did find that one on Amazon, but it's over $100 new and $50 used. I'm going to see if I can find it elsewhere. There were quite a few others listed though.

Erin, mom to Amelia Rose:, 6/15/06 and Lily Grace, 6/7/09; wife to Phil since 10/9/04
#5 of 6 Old 03-20-2009, 07:53 PM

We got ours from the public library.

read.gifSarah ~ wild.gifds X 12/05 ~ flower.gifdd E 3/08 h20homebirth.gif  ~  stork-suprise.gif 7/12 dizzy.gif

#6 of 6 Old 03-20-2009, 09:54 PM

Waiting for the Sun (Alison Lohans)
Welcome with Love is also sold under the title Hello Baby

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page