books about sibling relationship? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-26-2009, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have almost 4 year old boy and 5 month old girl.
And I'm feeling that they are not growing into the relationship that I want for them. My son can play rude with her, sometimes intentionally hurts her and so on.
So I feel I really need to read something to understand how to create a positive relationship between them.
Could you suggest something?

I also thought that there are should be books for little kids about older brother playing with little one, etc. Have you seen any such books?
I have seen couple about birth of the baby, but they were far from our life (hospital, bottles, pacifier, diapers, ..) And the story pretty much finishes on baby arriving home.
Have you seen stories about baby getting older and how brother could play, interact with her, protect her...?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-27-2009, 02:53 AM

Siblings Without Rivalry: How to Help Your Children Live Together So You Can Live Too
by Adele Faber & Elaine Mazlish

Mom, Jason's Breathing on Me!": The Solution to Sibling Bickering by Anthony Wolf

Julie - Mom to Elizabeth (Libby) age 6, Penelope (Penny) age 5, Elliott age 29 months, and Oscar who is 1 year old!
#3 of 3 Old 03-27-2009, 12:51 PM

Totally echo the recommendation for Siblings without Rivalry. I also enjoyed "How to Talk so Your Kids Will Listen, and Listen so Your Kids Will Talk" by the same authors (Faber & Mazlish). My kids are 2 and 4, and some of the material is not geared for those younger ages, but many of the problem solving skills were things that my older child has embraced.

They are also easy reads -- a huge plus with such young kids.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page