Can You Recommend Good AP/GD Books for Teens? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-09-2009, 01:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know that most of the questions on this board are concerning babies and young children; however, I have some questions concerning prepubescent and adolescent children, as I’m with them quite a bit. I care for two of my friend’s children often and a child sister that looks up to me daily. I play a large part in shaping and molding them, and i want to make sure I'm doing the best I can.

Naturally, it is hard being a teen, as my teen years were anything but easy. While I have a lot of experience with teens based on my own experience as a teen and from my experiences in working with such children, I’d like to know of any good books you can recommend that I can read on helping teens flourish and deal with the difficulties of teenage life. The only one I know of is “How to Talk so Teens Can Listen and Listen so Teens can Talk;” however, any other books are welcome. I’m particularly interested in books that are geared to helping troubled teens, as my heart is huge toward helping such people. My heart is open towards those society rejects, and troubled teens are high on the list. If you could suggest any books that are in digital or audio format that would be awesome. I look forward to hearing from you. I’m asking you because I do not trust any mainstream literature. Books that are AP oriented and gentle in nature are the only ones I’m interested in.

I am married to my soul mate and best friend, and I am truly blessed.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2009, 02:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You might find "Hold on to your kids" by Gordon Neufeld interesting. Not sure if it's available in audio format though.

User Tag List