No Babies/Children Rule Weddings? - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-22-2009, 08:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I did come on here to get an opinion of course....i have not once said i haven't taken on board that it is her prerogative to decline the invite and take her husband with her...i hear that and accept it and some of the other faults i might have...this is what i came on here to understand rather than having it out with them which is what some of you seem to keep thinking i have done...some of you who attack me have clearly not read all my replies as you continue down the same line, surely it's best to get you facts straight and not fly off the handle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammieg View Post
In englang it's do different...it goes groom, best man, ushers so he is in the wedding party as you call it...we do not have grooms men.

i think this will be my last message as some people are just pinning me against a wall now.

thanks for all the helpful advice.
Good luck with the wedding! I'm sorry that you felt so attacked here- these discussions can become quite heated

mischievous.gif
Old 05-22-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammieg View Post
I did come on here to get an opinion of course....i have not once said i haven't taken on board that it is her prerogative to decline the invite and take her husband with her...i hear that and accept it and some of the other faults i might have...this is what i came on here to understand rather than having it out with them which is what some of you seem to keep thinking i have done...some of you who attack me have clearly not read all my replies as you continue down the same line, surely it's best to get you facts straight and not fly off the handle.
Well, live and learn. It is what it is. I'm sure you'll have a fine wedding anyway.

What I don't quite get is what it is you're even trying to convince her of. You said it wasn't to convince her to leave her baby and come. So... to "let" her husband come? But that's between them, and now I think you probably realize that you should have told him as much. But else... what? She hasn't got to like your reasons, and as I said, it's somewhat insulting to tell her that she should. And it's never been clear what your reasons are. If we've misunderstood, it may be partly because you've described things vaguely - except that you clearly think she's a very unreasonable person, and of course as fellow mothers we strongly suspect that that's not quite fair.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:53 PM

Closing this thread as it has run its course.

Equuskia in with Nodtveidt DD1 : DD2 :

User Tag List