Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Parenting (http://www.mothering.com/forum/35-parenting/)
-   -   Moms of Many It's June! (http://www.mothering.com/forum/35-parenting/1092017-moms-many-s-june.html)

baltic_ballet 05-31-2009 09:16 AM

: : Welcome : :

~*max*~ 05-31-2009 09:44 AM

I'd love to rejoin. I always seem to lose his thread.
I'm a mom of "only" four.

orangefoot 05-31-2009 09:47 AM

How are you feeling Sam?

It's still May here for another few hours and it is a gorgeous day:

We sorted through all our stuff this weekend and dh and ds2 have taken it all to a car boot sale. The girls and I went to see how they were doing and managed to spend only £5 of their takings! I got a dress form and dd1 got a purple folding scooter which will stop the screeching about whose turn it is to ride on the one we already have.

I've been sewing like mad for my Folksy shop in the hope of selling something over the summer. It may be a few days til I put the stuff in the shop though as it takes me ages to make the photos square to upload them:

THANKFULFORFIVE 05-31-2009 10:04 AM

Just popping in so I don't lose the thread...

orangefoot 05-31-2009 10:09 AM

Hey ~*max*~ long time no see!

baltic_ballet 05-31-2009 10:44 AM

Welcome back Max

Orangefoot, I am doing ok thanks, I don't think I've had enough time to really digest the fact i am preggo again, it's been very hectic here. Still feeling overwhelmed and scared but also extremely tired.

Anyone else every feel like they would like the world to stop still for a while so you can have a rest and not have to think?

How are are all the other Preggo M.O.M going?

Anglyn 05-31-2009 01:13 PM

Is it June already??? How'd that happen?

eta: hey, this post was number 1991, the year my oldest child was born!!!!

JBaxter 05-31-2009 01:38 PM

Hello

I "only " have 4 is that enough? I sent my oldest off to prom last night: and my baby is 7 months.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...es/prom045.jpg

Anglyn 05-31-2009 02:12 PM

Four is enough! I also "only" have four!
Thats what I love about this group, they make me feel normal! IRL, everything thinks Im crazy or weird or something!!

orangefoot 05-31-2009 03:00 PM

I have only four too.

fairymom 05-31-2009 04:26 PM

There are some days I wish I had "only four".

And honestly everyother weekend I basically only have 2! the 3 middles go to their dad's and my oldest is never here anyways (she's 15 and likes to be out).So I have the lo (7 wks) and ds14- and man do I get bored!

Full Heart 05-31-2009 10:41 PM

I was about ready to send 3 of mine to my mothers house yesterday. I was running around after each of them trying to keep them out of trouble. I wanted to pull my hair out. Can I just ask, what is it with boys and peeing in things? They pee outside, they pee in containers, they pee on themselves. If I could I would put them back in diapers LOL.

Anglyn 05-31-2009 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Heart View Post
I was about ready to send 3 of mine to my mothers house yesterday. I was running around after each of them trying to keep them out of trouble. I wanted to pull my hair out. Can I just ask, what is it with boys and peeing in things? They pee outside, they pee in containers, they pee on themselves. If I could I would put them back in diapers LOL.
OMG!!! So its not just mine? I really thought it was!! The only reason Im not freaking out over teh two year old doing this is I remember my four year old did the same thing and eventually grew out of it. Not before he ruined a lot of stuff though. Seirously, he peed in cups, bowls, glasses, toys...you know the ride on toys that have seats that lift up for storage? Yep, in there. One time he left a bowl full of pee outside my oldest sons bedroom door. Hm? We never figured out what he was trying to say!!

He still pees outside a lot.

flapjack 06-01-2009 04:42 AM

Hullo!

I threw up on Saturday, and then spent the weekend posting excitedly in my DDC about it. Of course, I haven't had a single symptom since... but hey, that counts, right?

11 + 2, so nearly out of the first trimester.

holyhelianthus 06-01-2009 02:05 PM

Hey everyone!

Currently I have only 3 but babies 4 and 5 are coming soon! Though not soon enough. : I want them to bake for much much longer but everything in me just does not want to be pregnant anymore. It's like "Get the heck out!!" and then "oh wait that's a bad idea- stay in!! stay in!!"

Sorry about the puking, Helen

Anglyn~ I love your siggie

Multimomma 06-01-2009 02:31 PM

Well the first of June brings trouble for us...we dropped the truck off for work, and can't afford to rent a big enough van for ten of us for a week. So all we have is a mustang, four seats total, none big enough for a convertible car seat, so baby is in a borrowed bucket. The oldest got dropped off at resident camp, but the next two have day camp all week only bad because we don't have the truck! So I had to borrow oldest's friend for the week to watch the littles while I drop off and pick up the other kids.

Sounds like bad timing, but honestly it gets worse after this week. Boys have day camp all next week, but that's a half hour drive to get there, while the girls camp is only ten minutes away. And the rest of the summer is filled with sports camps, classes and church camp. Who said that homeschooled kids are EVER home?

Life with eight kids has not been easy, I keep waiting for things to settle down, but Nathan is two and a half months old and things are still crazy, I'm still recovering, exhausted. lol

Full Heart 06-01-2009 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglyn View Post
OMG!!! So its not just mine? I really thought it was!! The only reason Im not freaking out over teh two year old doing this is I remember my four year old did the same thing and eventually grew out of it. Not before he ruined a lot of stuff though. Seirously, he peed in cups, bowls, glasses, toys...you know the ride on toys that have seats that lift up for storage? Yep, in there. One time he left a bowl full of pee outside my oldest sons bedroom door. Hm? We never figured out what he was trying to say!!

He still pees outside a lot.
About 5 years ago my oldest ds peed in a cup and told his younger brother it was lemonade. Ds was smart and smelled it first lol. I have 5 brothers and I remember them doing stuff like that when they were little. Still don't understand it though. My girls never did stuff like this. The baby peed while I was changing his diaper and you would have thought it was the great trick ever. My other boys were laughing SO hard.

Multimomma - sorry to hear about the truck troubles. I think I would go nuts if my van was gone.

flapjack - Too funny about the throwing up.

Carlyn 06-01-2009 10:35 PM

I'm a mom of four, soon to be five. With some extra foster kids around some of the time, and different friends and relatives popping by Sometimes we comment on how empty our table seems when it's "only" us at home.

Jannah6 06-01-2009 10:46 PM

For the past 2 days I have felt like I'm going to lose my mind. Sundays were supposed to be my day(well I would have the baby), but that flew out the window when the children joined baseball. I'm so mad at my husband right now. I'm sick of having to tell him that I need a break. You'd think that he'd have a clue by now!!!

Anglyn 06-01-2009 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magstphil View Post
Anglyn~ I love your siggie
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Heart View Post
About 5 years ago my oldest ds peed in a cup and told his younger brother it was lemonade. Ds was smart and smelled it first lol. I have 5 brothers and I remember them doing stuff like that when they were little. Still don't understand it though. My girls never did stuff like this. The baby peed while I was changing his diaper and you would have thought it was the great trick ever. My other boys were laughing SO hard.
Im sure its a boy thing. When Iw as about six or seven my best friend and I were laying out on a blanket sunning ourselves when her boy cousins, about four and five snuck up and peed on us! They found it hilarious. It was disgusting of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannah6 View Post
For the past 2 days I have felt like I'm going to lose my mind. Sundays were supposed to be my day(well I would have the baby), but that flew out the window when the children joined baseball. I'm so mad at my husband right now. I'm sick of having to tell him that I need a break. You'd think that he'd have a clue by now!!!
They never have a clue, you have to say, "Honey, take your chldren and give me five minutes peace adn quiet before I snap and hurt you all"

Jannah6 06-01-2009 11:18 PM

Quote:

They never have a clue, you have to say, "Honey, take your chldren and give me five minutes peace adn quiet before I snap and hurt you all"
I know, it's a shame, isn't it? Trouble is, I'm barely speaking to him cuz I'm so angry. I started writing him a letter, but got angry and tired of saying the same things, so I just saved it in my email. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day. I'm letting my youngest DS watch t.v right now because I don't feel like the fight that accompanies bedtime, oh the joys of motherhood

Anglyn 06-02-2009 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jannah6 View Post
I know, it's a shame, isn't it? Trouble is, I'm barely speaking to him cuz I'm so angry. I started writing him a letter, but got angry and tired of saying the same things, so I just saved it in my email. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day. I'm letting my youngest DS watch t.v right now because I don't feel like the fight that accompanies bedtime, oh the joys of motherhood
I dont even mess with bedtime anymore! Well, what I do is, I turn off all lights but one small lamp in thelivingroom and let them watch tv (this works best if they've had no tv allday, they are glued). Once I know they are settled in, I just go to bed, leaving them in the livingroom with dh, who is ususally on the computer. Magically they either ask dh for what they want or they wander in to find me, then climb in bed with me and go to sleep (or nurse to sleep). I am getting more sleep than I have in years! I wish I'd thought of it way before now!

flapjack 06-02-2009 03:00 AM

Ye gads, I've been up for half an hour dealing with nosebleeds and a boobmonster and it's not even 6am yet. It's going to be a LOOOONG day today.

I hit snapped yesterday too, and the cranky mummy manifesto went up on the fridge.

1) If you leave me to pick up your rubbish, you're telling me I AM RUBBISH. If you leave your s*** for me to flush, you're telling me I AM S***. It's rude.
2) I am busting a gut to keep the house cleaner and tidier than ever before. Stop laughing at me. I'm not a wifelet, not a stepford wife, and I don't deserve it.
3) Wash your own damn dishes. Or cook your own dinner. I don't mind which, but I'm fed up with doing both.
4) There's an alternative. I keep wasting my time on picking up after people, and never get the cleaning done so I pay someone to do the cleaning instead. It's going to cost £56 every fortnight to have someone come and clean the house, plus another £15 to get someone to do your ironing. That's 3 and a half hours work. AND a professional won't do the laundry, OR the washing up, OR the putting away of toys and clutter, OR flush the toilet. That's the cost of a trip to Legoland EVERY SINGLE MONTH unless you start tidying up after yourself. Your choice.

And yes, I'm slightly annoyed right now.

Anglyn 06-02-2009 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
Ye gads, I've been up for half an hour dealing with nosebleeds and a boobmonster and it's not even 6am yet. It's going to be a LOOOONG day today.

I hit snapped yesterday too, and the cranky mummy manifesto went up on the fridge.

1) If you leave me to pick up your rubbish, you're telling me I AM RUBBISH. If you leave your s*** for me to flush, you're telling me I AM S***. It's rude.
2) I am busting a gut to keep the house cleaner and tidier than ever before. Stop laughing at me. I'm not a wifelet, not a stepford wife, and I don't deserve it.
3) Wash your own damn dishes. Or cook your own dinner. I don't mind which, but I'm fed up with doing both.
4) There's an alternative. I keep wasting my time on picking up after people, and never get the cleaning done so I pay someone to do the cleaning instead. It's going to cost £56 every fortnight to have someone come and clean the house, plus another £15 to get someone to do your ironing. That's 3 and a half hours work. AND a professional won't do the laundry, OR the washing up, OR the putting away of toys and clutter, OR flush the toilet. That's the cost of a trip to Legoland EVERY SINGLE MONTH unless you start tidying up after yourself. Your choice.

And yes, I'm slightly annoyed right now.
ROTF!!!! I came home after working all day the other day (fil lives with us and his only job is looking after the kids while we work) and threw down dishes and announced that if Im expected to not only work all day, grocery shop, errand run, bill pay, cook dinner AND do dishes....(I do all of it but the dishes normally but lately Icome home to every.single.dish.in the entire house dirty!) then I stop cooking. I then didnt cook dinner for three nights in a row. Miracle of miracles, the dishes were all done today!!!

DreamsInDigital 06-02-2009 04:53 AM

DH and I just recently switched roles and now he's the stay at home parent. I'm in school and looking for work. He now has a new perspective on why I was sometimes such a frazzled mess when he'd come home from work. LOL

orangefoot 06-02-2009 09:38 AM

My dh knows EXACTLY what a job it is to be at home with the mad people and stop the place turning into a jumble sale but he can still decide that he won't do anything because it is too hard and he doesn't know where to start.

Last night I got home after work to all the dishes were still on the table and the floor was a minefield. Ds2 had pulled dd's new scooter handlebars up so high that they couldn't push them down again. Ds1 had going out when I did and then come home to play his harmonica so the girls wouldn't go to bed because he was being noisy. And they had lost the remote for the tv so the watch on demand menu screen was layered on top of the channel it had last been on which was a real life hospital thing.

Dh hadn't tackled the dishes because someone had tipped a half eaten plate of tuna and pasta over the edge of the sink and he just couldn't face it:headbang

I asked him who he thought was going to have to face it then and stomped into the kitchen.

He hasn't twigged then leaving me to clear up mess makes him very sexually unattractive:

Helen ~ My sympathy. I need a manifesto for my fridge.

Jannah to you too

Communal living might be the answer don't you think? A friend of mine said to me last week that she thinks expecting us to raise kids with a husband is a bit unrealistic...

Jannah6 06-02-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:
I dont even mess with bedtime anymore! Well, what I do is, I turn off all lights but one small lamp in thelivingroom and let them watch tv (this works best if they've had no tv allday, they are glued). Once I know they are settled in, I just go to bed, leaving them in the livingroom with dh, who is ususally on the computer. Magically they either ask dh for what they want or they wander in to find me, then climb in bed with me and go to sleep (or nurse to sleep). I am getting more sleep than I have in years! I wish I'd thought of it way before now!
I feel you. H came home and went on the PC. I left the two of them and went to bed. I woke up at 5, feeling refreshed.

Ladies,ladies,ladies can we get a .

It amazes me, the H told me about 2 months ago that he knew it was difficult and a lot of work, but he still acts like he has no clue

Anglyn 06-02-2009 03:21 PM

Sometimes you have to demand that your needs get met.

fairymom 06-02-2009 03:42 PM

I get to a point where I demand help (really i mean blow my lid) and then realize its sad I have to get to that point to actually get the help I have been asking for.

This last time my ex was here and my blow up was so bad HE ended up doing the dishes!lol

Why does it have to go to such extremes? Can't we just say I need help- this needs to be done. And my expectations aren't that high- even asking 5 times but still having it done would be nice!

I started something new last night w/dishes. I aksed who was going to wash the dishes and my ds4 and dd7 (the 2 youngest besides babe) VOLUNTEERED! Ofcourse the olders didn't but they were informed they'd be doing them tonight- but they do get to decided how they will work as a team. I was so proud of the littles and they did a good job!:

holyhelianthus 06-02-2009 04:06 PM

WARNING!! really unhappy down right depressed pregnant woman vent coming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairymom View Post
I get to a point where I demand help (really i mean blow my lid) and then realize its sad I have to get to that point to actually get the help I have been asking for.

This last time my ex was here and my blow up was so bad HE ended up doing the dishes!lol

Why does it have to go to such extremes? Can't we just say I need help- this needs to be done. And my expectations aren't that high- even asking 5 times but still having it done would be nice!
Quote:
Sometimes you have to demand that your needs get met.
But then there are those of us who can cry scream demand ask as sweet as pie all we want and we still don't get the help we need. :

I am pregnant with twins and on bedrest. My mother who lives in the same apartment complex, doesn't work, has no other responsibility (she wouldn't acknowledge responsibility if it was Godzilla tearing her limb from limb) and has always used us when she needed a place to stay, food, money, etc won't lift a finger to help me. My husband is clueless. It's not that he doesn't want to help he just does not get how much has to be done. He thinks "what I put in a load of laundry isn't that good enough?" uh, no. I'm just sick of my house and my kids being absolutely filthy. I have realized this pregnancy how really alone I am and I am just not happy at all. I have been such a bad mom with such a short temper. I snap at my kids all the time. My doc is on me to get off my feet but I have already cut way back simply because of the pain and exaustian and I just have to deal with it. I am down to doing what I HAVE to and I do have to do it. I have to chase the little ones when they get the front door open, I have to feed them, change them, come when they break yet something else, etc etc. And trust me I have screamed and cussed and cried and begged and nothing. Nada. DH still doesn't get it and my mom still doesn't care.

This morning I woke up at 5am after yet another night of hardly being able to sleep and my stomach was hurting so bad I had to hold it up even in bed- it felt like some invisible thing was trying to rip it off my body. I feel realy yucky and shakey and can't even eat. And of course my DH is at work, mom is doing whatever else, and my kids are in brat ( mode. All I relaly want to do is sit here and cry and I can't even muster the energy to do that. Yeah I know, I sound pathetic and wah wah wah. Sorry. DH called and wanted to know why I am being so snippy with him and I wanted to blow up "hello! I have asked you so many times to do at least a few loads of laundry because we have nothing to wear and I trip over the dirty laundry all day and you haven't. The dishes are piling up. The trash is overflowing. You, yet again, didn't give the kids enough to eat before you left and you didn't dress them. But yes forgive me for being snippy!"

Ok sorry for that vent! I do get what you are saying. I have to blow a fuse just to get the trash taken out. It's ridiculous after all we do.