Boys who end up being girls... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-03-2009, 02:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
My neighbor`s 5-year-old was supposed to be a boy..and she is a girl. Boyish girl, but nevertheless, a girl.

Me sleepytime.gif DH violin.gifand the kiddos run.gif   Follower of Jesus heartbeat.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2009, 05:31 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, to give you a little bit of hope - the penis could always turn out to be the cord between the legs... Was it a 3D u/s?

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
Old 06-03-2009, 05:41 AM

I really understand. It sounds like you are being realistic with your grief and dealing with it.

I'm glad DP & I ended up with 1 boy & 1 girl since we are only having two, but I did feel a little grief when I found out DS was a boy (even though we were hoping for a boy). Because I knew then that DD would never have a sister and growing up my sister was such a big part of my life. DP, meanwhile, grew up the middle of three boys so he also really understood that same sex sibling bond. Knowing that we were "done" with girls was a little sad. Sure, we were thrilled we were having a wonderful baby boy, but I went ahead and mourned the knowledge I would never witness that sister relationship between my own children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnet24 View Post
Well maybe I am just speaking for myself but I thought this was going to be about something different than an ultrasound result. I thought you mant more towards the literal "boys who end up being girls..." So that could explain the 70 views.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Well maybe I am just speaking for myself but I thought this was going to be about something different than an ultrasound result. I thought you mant more towards the literal "boys who end up being girls..." So that could explain the 70 views.

I think it is more likely for them to tell you it is a girl and it is a boy.
laughup Exactly. I was thinking about the famous pregnant man who switched sexes. I thought this was going to be an unconditional love kinda thread.
Old 06-13-2009, 07:28 AM

Quote:

I think it is more likely for them to tell you it is a girl and it is a boy.

I was thinking the same thing.

Check out my Homepage, I have a daddy blog.
Old 06-13-2009, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I had to exchange alot of baby items ...I think they changed it to a girl at her 25 week maybe ultrasound maybe? Hmmm....

That is why they say it is never a 100% guarenteed thing..

I work with a lady at the hospital who had a girl..They said she would never get preggers again..when her girl was 9 she spontaneously got preg. again..They wanted a boy so very badly because they knew she would never get preg. again. All the utlrasounds showed a girl..Right up to the end.They painted the room pink..Bought hundreds of dollers worth of pink frilly attire..She went into labor..On the table the little one popped out..Her OB held the baby up and yelled It's a Boy!!!! It got real quiet in there..Then the OB stopped and said ...Wait a minute...Didn't I say this was going to be a girl?

So instead of a Katie they got a Ethan..A very much wanted Ethan.But everyone at the hospital still teases Dr.C and the mom over thier girl/boy...

Things happen..Never give up hope...
Old 06-13-2009, 02:55 PM

I have been wondering the same thing but in reverse, OP! I am pregnant with twins and we have gotten multiple shots of their "business" some even at the same time and right up in it! I highly doubt they are boys (or even 1 is) but sometimes I allow myself to dream...

These are girls 4 and 5 for us with no boys and no more after this.

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
Old 06-13-2009, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Anything is possible!

We really went back and forth about whether to learn gender and I pushed for it because I really wanted a girl and wanted to have time to prepare myself for a boy if that was what was coming.

I didn't end up learning until my third trimester and I had gotten myself all psyched for a boy. I had a name, had an image of him and was dreaming about him.

Then we found out it was a girl! Even tho I wanted a girl so much, I had to grieve the image of the boy I had dreamt of. I had to think of names fast because I didn't have girly names picked out.

Now that we are thinking of #2, I find myself hoping we get a boy because I love the mother-son dynamic. I know the mama-daughter relationship usually gets hard, because I am a daughter! And I have always been so close with my daddy...

But ultimately, I think this is about expectations and letting go of them. You never know who you will get and what it will bring. 9 months is too long, gives us too much time to get ourselves all worked up.

Blessings to you on your pregnancy and delivery!

Mama to DD luxlove.gif born June 2008 and Wife to my dear Magyar foreign exchange husband. Expecting again in September!joy.gif 

User Tag List